**** Watercoolers Grand Slam Friday *****

MommaPew

Cathlete
Can you tell I'm in play-off mode?:D:D

Just starting us off.

The phone rang last night just as I started my w/o (around 8pm) so I guess that's why DH didn't pass on the message that the mother of the babysitter I have lined up for Sat. night called and wants me to call her back. I can't call her back at 10:30pm so will wait a few hours b/4 returning her call. I'm jsut hoping its not to say her daughter can't babysit. Do you think a 12yrs old can sit from 7pm - 12pm? I was a bit concerned and I'm wondering if that is what she's calling about. It's our BB year-end social and I'm wondering if I'm going solo.:(

Wendy - all your late night postings, I don't know how you do it. Wow, sounds like a lot of surgeries. I was thinking about my family with 5 kids and didn't think we were in the hospital much. Does having 2 of my sibling in foot casts as babies and 3 appendectomies and 1 emergency trip for stitches call for a lot? Nope. I'm going to Maine Sept. 5-14th so I figure I'll start STS when we're back. So I was thinking the same thing about New Years for STS. I honestly don't think we will see STS b/4 Nov. at this rate.

Jeanette - good to hear you enjoyed your lesson and that you like your new instructor. Nothing worse then shelling out $$ and then not feeling satisfied. Did you ever get the payroll sorted out at work?

Hi to everyone else. Hope your day starts off GRRRREAT.:)

Morning,
Today called for Pure Strength CST, but I don't own that one so did exercises from Supersets and Push Pull. After that, I did some exercises from a golf fitness DVD. Feeling nice.

Patricia, hope you get the babysitter lined out. Well, the governor still hasn't signed the budget, but my DH got paid and it wasn't minimum wage like was threatened. I've been with the State for 17 years and they seem to pull something like this every year, but nothing ever materializes. I too think that we won't see STS for November or even later.

Wendy, feeling better today? I didn't get the NoTox because it wasn't part of the sampler pack, but I will definitely keep it in mind for when I re-order.

BBL,

Morning Coolers,

Today I managed only to get in 1m Run with Cami and 4DS Legs & Core. I was hoping to get in another weight workout like Chest & Back, but just didn't have enough time. Had a little problem with my ankle weights, and changing weights on the bar this morning. :( Just not my day today, mabe I can get in another workout when I get home, should start out with CTX KB and then go onto the c&b workout.

No workout for me at all yesterday. Oldest DD wanted to go to Target to get more sports bras, and I needed to get to the library. So off we went! Stopped at the Athletic Foot to see if they had some spikes that DD would like. She didn't like any of them. So now we will be on the hunt for new spikes too! :confused:

Patricia, Good luck with your play-offs. Hope the babysitting situation works out ok. My DD has done babysitting at age 12 until well after 12pm. She usually sits for family, so I never really worried about it. Sounds like a great idea to start the X in September.

Jeanette, Oh yes the dentist has been busy on my oldest DD's mouth. She only has one appointment left to go. Hopefully she has learneda lesson on taking care of her teeth after all the work that has been done to her mouth. ;) You know those guys don't like it when we are truthful about their bellies or eating habits, so what makes them think we want the truth. :p

Wendy, I have never been to a karaoke bar, but it must be ear shattering at time to listen to a bunch of drunk people sing. :eek: I have run with DD a couple of time, but she can out run me so we are never together. :) A junior that she runs with want her to do some summer running camps with her. I told her that would be something that I would be happy to pay for! ;) What a great idea for the car/insurance. :rolleyes: My DH's parents wouldn't let him get his liscence until he was 18 yrs. old. They didn't want to have him on their insurance.

Debra, Congrats on surviving the physics. I'm with you on the 100 years. In order for me to help my DD with her Algebra last year, I had to read the lesson before hand just to refresh my memory! :) As far as the boy's go, see how I emphasized that one. "There are so many I can't decide" is the answer to that one. :rolleyes: The trip to PR did help in some way, now she knows there are more fish in the pond. From what I understand Anthony is now on the top of the list. He plays football, and that is all I know. I have decided not to play vb this fall, it will just get to be to much with running around. I need my rest in the evenings. :D

Kim, My GM on my mothers side is still alive and kicking, but of course all of us called her witchy poo. She is just one crazy woman! :) My GM would never spoil my DD's if we where to visit her, but if my name was Tracy (my cousin), then my kids and I would get spoiled rotten. I don't know how you can pick 1 grandchild out of 22 to spoil! :mad: Rant Over! So sorry. Sounds like you are having a grand time off, how much longer do you have?

Have a great day!

Laurie

Jeanette...
I do feel better today. Patti called to set up a massage tomorrow. So, I feel great knowing that I'll have someone who knows what she's doing working on my back!!!:) Okay, I never got back online last night to finish my post to you. re: your lower body and dh and genetics...

I go through this myself. I'm always asking dh about my body. After I stopped working out, I started losing weight and muscle mass. Dh would always say, "Honey, come on! You look good." And I truly believe that he loves me and is attracted to me as I was and am. Of course, I always press the matter further. Specifically, I'll ask if he prefers my body the way it is now or when I was lifting weights with the X. And, he'll say that he thought I looked better when I was on the X. Well, I weighed almost 5 pounds more on the X!!! So, while I'm working through my personal body imagine, trying to accept myself, I would jokingly comment that he should feel blessed and happy that I look as good as I do after having 6 kids!!!!:D My comment wasn't meant to lecture him, it was to reassure myself that I'm okay. Because, I am okay, better than okay.

I tell you this because the Captain reminds me of the Skipper. Our men love us. They love our bodies, minds, souls. I bet your dh loves your eyes!!!!!They're blown away that we chose them. They haven't been married to us this long because of our looks. Because this isn't the same body dh married!!!:eek: And, you know my Lindy moments!!!!:eek: That's love!!!:D We have great, loyal husbands. If we gained fifty pounds or had our bodies mangled from an accident, they'd still love us and be there for us. It goes deeper than how we look. If our men can love us so deeply, we should also be able to love ourselves no matter what our bodies look like or may look like.

Well. That's the impression that I get.:cool:

I'm not willing to work with my genetics by drastically changing my lifestyle to achieve a look. We're not unhealthy. We're not battling obesity.

If you enjoy working out and leading a very active lifestyle, by all means, continue!!! It's a good thing to have goals. It's a good thing to want to improve. Just know -- You are a beautiful woman both on the inside and out.

Okay, I really should clean this dirty house!!! Lord knows dh didn't marry me because of my domestic skills!!!!:p:D

Wendy

wearing sunglasses to keep out the light

Popping by to say hello. I have a tremendous headache today, so I am headed for a nap. Made it to class and even got some house work done, but I am pooped now and need a dark quiet room for a while. :( I should have some time this afternoon to catch up a bit. DD has a bday party to go to tonight...and the mom is picking her up...yeah! :) So at least I don't have to go anywhere else today.

I ended up doing SH bis and tris with the ab work last night. No 1RMs...will work on those some over the weekend. I don't know if I will workout today or not...depends on the headache. :p I have some homework over the weekend for psychology, but I am pretty caught up with physics. My uncle's 80th birthday is Sunday, so we are all going out to dinner for that. :D

DD and I ended up not going to the bb game last night...long story which I won't get into since it will only make me mad again....and I don't really want to turn into Lindy or Stacy and ruin my nap time...LOL! :eek: So we went to see 'Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2'...which was good...but maybe a bit too old for DD....but she seemed to get most of it. We had planned on going to see 'Journey to the Center of the Earth' but when we got the the theater, it wasn't playing there...WTF?? I just looked it up online before we went!! :mad: Oh, well. Also called and left another message for my lawyer today. :mad:

Okay...I'm done rambling for now. Hope everyone is having a great day...and has some fun plans for the weekend!!

Just back from lunch on the company dime. I could go for a nap now too. The Strawberry Margarita has just made me so woozy along with all I ate to absorb the alcohol!:D

Debra - are you sure you don't have a headache from having to do Physics this week! Maybe it wasn't as easy after all. (Sorry - couldn't resists) Hope it clears up quick.

Finally pushed play!!!

I started my timesaver premix rotation. I kicked it off with the C&W cardio/weights premix and followed it with Shiva's basic flow. Now, I don't recommend that particular premix. It's not as much weight as I had expected. It's basically the cardio with each weight section's first weight warm-up using 8 pounds plus the ab section. I made the most of it with the high impact and doing all the jump squats.:rolleyes: I did find that the high impact seemed easier than ever. I feel lighter and not bogged down by muscles. Strange huh. I am really starting to understand Shiva. It's a mixed world!!!;)

Debra...
I hope a nap helps your headache go away!!! Sorry to hear reliving last night might cause a Lindy/Stacy moment. That bad huh? Next time you have a few glasses of wine, you can PM me the saga. I'll be sure to tell dh so he can cheer you up with a WWPS (what would Phil say).:D The girls saw Journey to the Center of the Earth with dh. I'll have to ask eldest what she thought of it. All I remember her doing was comparing how different it was to the book and older movie. Glad to hear you're still badgering your lawyer!!!! Keep up the good work.

Laurie...
How many hours do you work out in a day? Is your dh going to start working out with you now that he's lost some weight? Oh my. Do you realize where my mind goes when I hear spikes?!?!? I immediately think what a promiscuous mother you are!!!!:eek::D;) Actually, the people singing weren't bad. We weren't in the main room. We stayed off the the side and shouted over the music. One of my classmates can sing and sang over the bad ones for us. LOL Camps are good for keeping them with the program. Middle ds usually goes to a few camps over the summer for flying and football. He must get his diligence from his father.:eek: Youngest ds goes to skate boarding camp. He's laid back like me.:D

Jeanette...
WTG with finding a suitable sub today. If it makes you feel any better, I don't own CTX, SS, or PP yet. Going to try and hold back until they're available as an MP4.

Patricia...
I'm not quite following what you're saying about the sitter. Did you want a 12 year old to babysit? When my neighbor was 12, she was my mother's helper over the summer. I would not have asked her to watch my girls alone that year even if it was while the girls were sleeping. But, every child is different and mature at different ages.

Okay, I'm going to wash up for class. Chat more later.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Last edited:
Having a nice day today, it's raining with a beautiful breeze. It's great having the windows open with fresh air coming in after 2 weeks of heat and the air conditioning blasting. I'm kidsitting my niece and nephew, the 4 kids are playing nice. DH did CTX kickboxing (without the biceps work) with me the morning and then I took dd to the dentist. DH told me I was looking very muscular yesterday and today he told me I was very fit keeping up with Cathe. I'm not sure why all the compliments :confused:

Interesting experience at the dentist, while I was in the waiting room the dentist and the dental assistant got into quite the argument over her working tomorrow :confused: and then 2 prison guards showed up with a prisoner. I sat with them for 30 mins in a very tiny waiting room, the young prisoner seemed the most mature of the 3 of them. The 2 guards spent the whole time talking about differents bars. DD was quite surprised to see someone handcuffed sitting in the waiting room when she was done.

Now, DH and I are trying to do what we can to prepare for the carpet coming Tuesday, everything has to be moved out of the basement but we have to leave what we need for the birthday sleepover tomorrow.

Patricia DDR is Dance, Dance Revolution, it's a video game, you have a dance pad and you have to follow the arrows on the screen and your foot land on the right spot on the pad. Does that make sense? So you're planning 2 trips? Is it a family trip to Maine? Hope you can get the babysitting worked out for tonight maybe DH could just go for a couple of hours if midnight is too late for the babysitter.

Wendy LOL on the Webkinz baths. I didn't know your dds had eye surgeries. What kind did they have?? DS was born with no vision. Well we were told when he was 6 weeks old that he was completely blind and would never see. :(:( As a mom I always suspected that he had some vision. He has a congenital nystagmas. We worked alot with the therapists at the Canadian national Institute for the Blind when he was little. He has many procedures (some in Toronto) on his eyes but no surgeries. He now has 20/20 vision up close but very limited distance vision (eg. he most likely will never drive) I think the hardest thing for him will be the fact that he is such a competitive athlete and as he gets older he may not be able to keep up at the same level as he would like. Last year as a hockey goalie he was starting to have trouble as the shots are coming faster and from further away. When they are little all the shots are from close up. His therapists are always amazed at how well he functions in the real life compared to what his eyes test at. I think he has adapted incredibly well, for example I don't think he can follow the hockey puck but has trained himself to follow the players and body movements to track where the puck is but this will get more difficult as people move faster. I often forget how impaired he is if you would meet him, except for his eyes dancing, you probably wouldn't notice a thing. Then out of the blue we'll be somewhere and he'll ask me what a sign says or something and it will hit me that he can't see it.
Goodness, I didn't mean to go on and on.

Jeanette- Sorry that your DH's comment makes you feel so bad. I feel I am very fit and when I workout/run with someone they always are so surprised how fit I am but I sure don't look it. I'm very curvy, more like CeeDee (?) in the Cathe workouts. It is very frustrating at times no one things that I workout.
An Alaskan cruise would be beautiful, our next door neighbours who just moved out a few weeks ago we getting married last weekend on an Alaskan cruise.

Laurie I'm not back to work until Sept 3 so a while yet! That doesn't sound fair with the grandchildren at all, so many strange people in this world. My sister has that problem with her MIL, she favours one grandchild over all the others, makes for a lot of hurt feelings at times.

Debra Hope the headache is gone soon. It doesn't sound like you having a very good couple of days, hope you a great weekend to make up for it! Is dd excited about starting school?

Better get back to helping DH!
Kim

Hi all,
Day flew by at work today. We have a situation going on with the Protestant Chaplain at the prison. He may lose his job or just get spanked. Not sure. Involves contraband and inmates. Will know more on Monday. I really like the guy so hoping for a good outcome. Came home and ran some errands with DH. After a little nap, I hopped on my bike and did Cardio Coach #6, which I'd never done before. I really enjoyed the challenges in it. Tomorrow, DH and I are heading to Reno to pick up the pavers. We're going to leave pretty early in the morning so not sure if I'll get to post.

Kim, bet that made you feel good getting the compliments from your DH. Well, that's one dentist appointment you won't forget. Interesting about the guards and their immaturity. Thanks for the sympathies for me for my reaction to DH's comment yesterday. I'm over it now. I know it's more important for me to feel strong, but sometimes I feel frustrated that for all the work, it doesn't show in some areas. However, I'm not one that wants to give up all the good food in life either, just to achieve some "look". Wow, your DS has achieved soooo much with his vision problem. Again, he sounds like one very special son. I really admire his dedication to sports and working hard. Great kid!

Wendy, I like C&W. Are you trying to go lighter with your weights for a reason? I think you look fantastic in your pictures. Your post to me re: DH's comment and my reaction was just what I needed. I know he loves me fat or thin. He just wants me to be happy. I am getting more accepting of my body. I know I'm strong and have lots of endurance. Now if I got out of shape cardio-wise, I think that would bother me, but fortunately it's a lot easier to get great results cardiovascularly by just training harder or smarter. Don't have to battle genetics in that arena. I do admire that most guys aren't so vain like us women are. If the waist on their pants is a little tighter, they just buckle the belt another hole up and go on. They don't agonize over it or start plotting rotations or whatever. Why do we have to be so concerned about our looks? Thank you so much for your words. You are so wise and your words really cheered me up when I read them this afternoon.

Laurie, did you get that weight workout in tonite? So you decided not to do VB. You seem to stay pretty busy all the time. My kids have been gone from home for many years it seems. Youngest graduated in '99 so it's pretty much been DH and I and not many obligations, which is nice.

Must get to bed soon as I want to work out before leaving for Reno (1 1/2 hr. drive from here). I also need to clean up the trailer some and get it ready for camping next weekend. DH and I are both taking next Friday off so we'll have a 4 day weekend for Labor Day. Looking forward to some peace and quiet. Still can't have a campfire where we're going but oh well.

Debra, hope that headache is gone by now. I've been napping just about every day after work myself. Not sure if I'm sleepy or it's a nice little habit I've picked up. I do feel more refreshed when I get up. What is up with that lawyer??? How frustrating!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.