**** 12 Week Challenge Jan 18 ****

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning Challengers!

Just wanted to get us started! I am waiting to get off of work and I have to stay up for the rest of the day b/c DS has needles at 9! Poor baby!

So today may be a rest day or I may get a run in with GS legs floor work and some ub work again!

My meals today are as planned, but could end up getting switched around a bit:
M#1-pancakes
M#2-Shake
M#3-Pita pizza
M#4-Probably turkey wraps
M#5-Another shake!

Have a good day ladies!
Lori:)

Morning Lori :)

Poor guy. I so can remember those days when my kids had to get their shots. (My oldest would scream..my son handled it well but wanted to be cuddled lots and my youngest would just watch the doctor give her the shot. To this day he smiles about that :)

Today is speedwork. 5 Miles.

I will work shoulders today to PUB and ME.

Do you eat the protein pancakes? I'm thinking of trying them this weekend. I'm not a huge fan of pancakes but everyone seems to like the protein ones.

Have a terrific day.

[marquee][font size=+2 font color=purple]It’s FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!![/marquee] [/font]

Good morning everybody !!!!!!! I’m excited it’s Friday. WE have a 3-day weekend and the kids and I are looking forward to the NFL games on Sunday (which also happens to be a Rest day and my Free day!)

Needles :( Next week my DS (7) has to get a filling in a tooth, and it requires a shot of novicane. I'm am NOT looking forward to that (he doesn't even know yet). YUCKO!

This morning, I was up earlier again. YEAH! I’ve been shooting for a 5am start! I did PLB and Stretch Max with the band.

My planned meals look like this:
M1: egg white with 1 slice w/w toaast
M2: taco chicken wrap
M3: protein pancakes
M4: salad with taco chicken and baked lo carb tortilla chips
M5: meatloaf muffins, steamed carrots
M6: apple and string cheese

I'll be back after I get the kids off to school!

Gayle

Good morning everyone - my neck is STILL killing me, but at least I can move it a little better. UGH! I hate to have another unexpected rest day, but if I can't move my neck it's pretty stupid to push myself. x( ;( I was so pumped for my workouts, too, this week!!

We aren't expected to get above zero here today or through most of next week - YUCK!!! With the windchill it's like 15 below zero. I hope this cold spell leaves us soon!

Well, if my neck loosens up and I can get a workout in, I might just opt for the elliptical and see how long I can go.

I'll be back gotta go warm up the heating pad and take some Advil.

Take care,
Marcia.

Good Morning

UGGHH,its TTOTM for me..actually yesterday was the first day and the scale was the same(got on it in the am,started in the pm;-))so Im wont WI today or tommorrow...probably on sunday,my free day and OMG it needs to hurry up and get here;-)

Todays workout will be the dreaded Drill max cardio:+..Im just so addictive to that workout,love the cardio-its so challengeing and until I master it I won't let it go,LOL-thats how I am;-)

bbl for personals

Mornin' fellow 12-weekers. Ugh - I caved last night to M&MS!! (Hangs head in shame). I was doing so well, and then WHAM!! My drill team uniform orders are dues today and the parents are driving me nuts. So while pulling out my hair last night I also chomped on M&Ms - and I don't even like chocolate! My eating has to be about "mindfulness".

Soooo - this morning up and at 'em. Did BC (original) 2x (ok fine - the 2nd time through I left out the core work) and itread 19. Ahhhhh. My core and shoulders are feeling the Yoga DOMS from yesterday - yummy!

Lori -- <<<HUGS>>> to your DS. My 4 -yo DS had his check up in November and he loves his doc. But ask him now and he'll tell you "her nice but I don't like her because her give me pinches in my arms" - LOL.

Gayle - we have a 4 -day weekend so I told the monsters if they are my big helpers this morning we'll hit Ruby Tuesday for lunch - I LOVE that salad bar there!

Kath - I make my protein pancakes with steel cut oats - whole different texture! I savor them on weekends. During the week breakfast for me is a fruit (either grapefruit or berries) and my Cinch drink.

Marcia - ohhhh - I hate neck hurts! Do you have one of those wraps that you can microwave? I used to always strain my trapezious and finally picked up one of those. They are FANTASTIC!! You zap 'em for 1 minute on each side in the microwave, then wrap it around your neck (has a velcro closure) and ahhhhhh - bliss -- or as close as you can get with a sore neck.

Amelia - stay the course sweetness. You are doing great! I am always so awe struck by your ticker - what an inspiration you are!

Ok crew - off to start the real day - maybe I can sneak in a gym styles UB today. Take care!

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Back again. [font color=red] WE NEED TO MAKE A DEAL WITH EACH OTHER, LADIES….we need to each pick just ONE DAY when we will step on that scale. ONE DAY, the same day every week. NO PEEKING! No exceptions! Is anybody willing to commit to that with me?[/font]

I’m just as guilty as everyone else this week. Usually, I’m pretty good and only step on it on Sunday morning. But, this week I was curious to see how a Free Day (Sunday) effects my weight during the entire week. Needless to say, I’m not happy and a part of me is REALLY effected by the peek I took at the scale on Wednesday. I’ve stepped on it every morning since and although the weight IS coming back to normal, I keep thinking that I damaged my progress. I KNOW that’s not true, but that stinkin’ number on the scale is playing games with my mind. ANYBODY WILLING TO JOIN ME IN THIS? I vow to only step on the scale, FROM HERE ON OUT, on Sunday Morning!

Macria-I hope your neck is feeling better FAST! I must have missed it, but did you injure it somehow??? Be careful!

Amelia-I’m right there with you! UGH! LOL TOM is playing havoc with me this week. My mood was ‘off’ all week, but now that ‘it’ has started, my mood seems to have lifted and my spirits are right back up there (although, so is the scale, lol).

Lorrie-ummmmmmmmmmmmmm…I think that workout took care of the M&M indiscretion from last night. OMG! What a workout! Where do you hide your cape? LOL And OMG on the idea of using steel cut oats instead of the regular oats. I have a box of them and will have to try them! AWESOME suggestion!

Gayle

p.s. WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR THIS WEEKEND???
Saturday afternoon DS has a basketball game, Sunday is FOOTBALL baby, and Monday is STILL undecided!

Last night DH made my cheat meal for me - Chicken Curry, curried chick peas and rice. So, I know I'll be up a pound or two today - which is fine as I know Indian spices bloat the heck out of me. When I ran those through WW - I was surprised to see I see have some free points available (several actually). But I'm going to try not to use those incase I underestimated my meal points.

On the docket for today is Amy's ASCII Circuit 1 - I think she has the hardest of the leg work in this one. Oh fun! :+

Gayle - I would love to join you, but the daily weigh ins have the opposite affect on me - they keep me honest. I do know I will be up a few pounds today - but that won't bother me as I know why and I know it'll come off again. But I'm weird - I've heard once a week is better for so many people! I do only count my WW weigh-ins for the little tracker lion below, though.

This weekend I'm heading for North Carolina to help my dad who had hip replacement surgery on Tuesday. He will be coming home from the hospital on Sunday, so I'm getting in a day early to get the fridge stocked with healthy food so I'm all set for when I pick him up on Sunday. Sunday - I'm making a nice healthy Chili and football is on the agenda.

Christine....ok then, I excuse YOU from peeking at the scale every day! LOL I hope all goes well for your dad this weekend. Offering up prayers for you two!

Gayle

Good Morning!

Today was KPC and I finally can tell that I am slowly losing. My pants are a little looser! Yeah!:)

Gayle--I agree with you on the "no peek" rule. Tuesday is my weigh-in and I promise not to look until then!!:)

Lorrie--BC twice????x( You mean the original or 4ds? That would just do me in for sure! ETA: I had to go back and see that it was the original. You are my hero!

Have a great day all!
Gin:)

HA Gin - that's funny. Yep the original one. That idea came from Cathe's August '05 BC rotation - the rotation after the first RT - and the funny thing is that when you've done it that way once - you almost feel like a wimp when you don't do it that way everytime. Though I have to say it's been a while since I've tackled it that way. It really felt good though! :) :) :)

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Happy Friday all! I have a circuit workout on tap for today. I think it's going to be a mishmosh of sjp step & wts + some more of HIS. On to personals....

Lori - I hated when my kids had to get shots! Hope you're able to get your workout in today.

Kath - Wow! PUB and ME for shoulders?! Yikes! I wouldn't be able to shampoo my hair for days after that combo! Have fun!

Gayle - Great job again getting your workout in early! Do you find stretch max helps with recovery time if you do it more frequently? I keep meaning to do it, but it's the first thing I skip when I'm time crunched. Re: weekly weigh ins, sorry, but I'm a daily weigh in gal. The numbers don't get away from me if I face reality every morning. I know they're going to vary a bit, but if they aren't budging or worse, climbing, then I know I need to make some immediate changes.

Marcia - 2 wks ago, I pulled a muscle in my neck while sleeping on too high a pillow! (I know, doesn't that just sound so ridiculous?! LOL!) Seriously, when I woke up I could not lift my head off the pillow without agonizing pain! I couldn't get out of bed! I finally figured out that I could do a sit up, using both hands to support my head, because my neck couldn't do it. Who knew my head weighed so much?? Anyway, I did major Advil (3 tablets, 3x a day) plus Aleve the first day (heating pads and massages were nice, but not helping the pain) I walked 3 miles just to keep the circulation flowing. Driving was horrible--I'd have to turn my whole body to check for cars on either side of me. Second day was better, no Aleve, just Advil (2 tablets, 3x day). I walked again. Third day I could workout, but I think I did a turbo jam, nothing really brutal. So, my advice is take the meds to get better faster. (better living through chemistry)

Amelia - Have fun with Drill Max! No way I could do the cardio alone premix without a spare set of lungs.

Lorrie - Too funny about your m&m confession! I'm pretty sure you burned off every last one though with back to back BCs plus an Itrain. I can't believe you're even considering another UB workout today! You are a workout wonder woman--where is that cape of yours, like Gayle asked? (Or maybe you saw The Incredibles, where Edna the fashion designer declares "NO CAPES!" due to safety concerns...)

Christine - I love Indian food too, but I know what you mean about the scale impact. :( I hope your dad has an easy time with his surgery and a speedy recovery.

Gin - Congrats on the loose pants! That's such a good feeling, isn't it?

Have a great weekend everyone!

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

I'm backkkkkkkkkkkkk :) I kicked some serious butt in my speedwork today--who would have thought? *pat pat* on my back :)

Gin: You go girl on the pants. Isn't that the best feeling? Now don't you go wearing those pants when they get looser-- you so need to wear a pair that fits :) reward yourself with a new pair :)

Christine: I'll keep you and your dad in my prayers and thoughts. It's so hard when a loved one is ill. I hope your team wins Sunday. Go GIANTS :)

Lorrie: Thank you so much for the suggestion on the protein pancake. I know sometimes a question gets lost in the postings. I so appreciate you answering :) I may just make some this weekend and I have steel cut oats in my pantry. Oh ---and were the m & m's good?}(

Amelia: Enjoy Drill Max.

marcia: That has to suck having a stiff neck. Do you suffer with any headaches from it? I know a girl on another posting says she gets headaches when her neck stiffens. Hope you get some relief soon.

jonahnah: Enjoy your circuit workout. I'm proud to say I can raise my arms just fine--now tomorrow who knows :) But I'm a DOM lover ;)

Ok this girl needs to hit the shower.

Oh I weigh in only once a week. I hate to be a slave to the scale.

Hope Lori's little guy handled his needles ok this morning :(

I'll be back laters

Oh --anyone ever have the BFL bars? Wonder how they are? I should post that question maybe on the posting. Maybe someone can answer me there :)

Off I go :)

Hi everyone! Just checking in real quick before I go get some work done. I am supposed to be working instead of posting...I think. ;-)

One thing that jumped out at me while I was scrolling through the thread was Gayle's post about weighing in. I'll accept that CHALLENGE. I did the same thing this week. I hopped on the scale on Wednesday morning and I was up about 1lb and it really put me in a funk!! So, Sunday mornings it is. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!

I'll try to get back later for more personals!!

HI everyone - - - -

Gayle - I'M IN for the weekly weigh-in. What day?

Jonahnah - Driving is a huge problem. Like you said I have to turn my whole body to check for cars and backing out of the driveway is another story. I will get the Advil out, good idea - I haven't taken very many so I'll focus on the 'chemistry' of it today. I will workout tonight doing something in hopes that will help with circulation, too. Thanks for the advice!

Marcia.

Lori – Your workouts are so awesome. I want to be like you :). I am planning on having Pita Pizza tomorrow. It totally satisfies my craving for pizza, but without all the calories. How is DS doing after his needles?

Kath – Have fun with your speedwork. Let us know how you like the protein pancakes. I have tried to make them twice and have thrown them away both times. For some reason, no matter how long I leave them on the pan, they are mushy inside. ICK!

Gayle – I am so happy about the 3 day weekend. I can’t wait to get this week over with.

Marcia – Sorry about your neck issues. Hopefully you feel better soon.

Amelia – It’s TTOM for me too. It just started this morning and I feel horrible. I just want to curl up on a ball. I am trying to resist the cravings that come along with TTOM, but I had york peppermint patties and cheez-its last night.

Lorrie – I had a little chocolate binge last night too. I can’t even really say that I enjoyed it.

Christine – OMG, the chicken curry sounds wonderful. There is an awesome Indian restaurant that I go to in Denver that is just to die for. Have a good trip to NC. How is your dad doing with his recovery?

Gin – Congrats on the loose pants :)

Jonahnah – Have fun with your mish mosh.

Melissa – I too should be working rather than posting.

Today is my rest day and I am so excited about that. I will walk home from the bus stop (~20 min) and that will be it. I am also planning on cleaning the kitchen, dining room, and living room tonight. It shouldn’t take that long but I always procrastinate with it. I just want to get it out of the way.

Hi everyone.

Got up with a plan for an nice long workout, but DD called so I ended up only gertting in 25 min on the TM. May try to do something tonight.

Haven't had a chance to read everyone's post, but will try to catch up later. The scale thing did catch my eye though. Sorry Gayle, I can't meet you on no peeking. I don't weight every day, but I do weigh several times during the week. My official WI is on Fridays. Since my weight fluctuates so much day by day, I would totally freak out if one of my high days landed on the official once a week WI. So for me, weighing a couple of times a week works for me. So if I weigth heavier on an official WI and I know that the day before or the day after I that I was 2 lbs lighter, then I know it was just water and am able to stay calm and not do something stupid like throwing in the towel and pigging out.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Jean

Day 21 of 12 Week Challenge

Had a bad eating day yesterday. . .It started off as a very stressful day at work. On top of that I decided to give up diet soda and caffeine so I was cold and tired when I got home. DH was planning to make dinner and wasn't home yet so I knew dinner was more than an hour away and I was starving. Reached in the cupboard for a couple of almonds and then proceeded to eat the raisins and peanuts in the trail mix, too. It tasted good so I kept eating. Then I started reaching for other things in the cupboard - triscuits, chewy granola bar, graham crackers. It turned into an eating binge and I felt bad because I thought I had conquered my emotional eating. DH came home and made dinner. He knew I had a tough day so let me go veg on the coach. I ended up falling asleep! Woke up, had pork chops, brown rice and asparagus that DH made. The pork chops were a little fatty but I didn't complain because I had already blown it and he worked hard on dinner. Didn't eat anything after dinner so I didn't go completely out of control but I decided to call yesterday my free day. I drank tons of water yesterday so I'm not sure why I was so hungry to begin with other than being really tired.

So I had a little "bump in the road" yesterday but I'm not going to let that keep me from achieving my goal. I'm in this for the long haul.

I WILL NOT GIVE UP! I WILL NOT QUIT!

Eating is back on track today. No morning workout though. I had a phone call from work at 1 a.m. and had to dialin and fix a problem. Whenever that happens I always have a hard time getting up the next morning to workout so I slept in. I'm going to walk at lunch and go to Dojo tonight and workout afterwards time and energy permitting. Drinking my water. :) Hoping the caffeine withdrawal isn't so bad today.

Heard on the radio this morning that the temperature in Green Bay will be -2 with -20 to -30 windchill for kickoff in Packers vs. Giants game. I live a couple hours south of Green Bay but the temps won't be much warmer. Go Pack Go!

Sue

Afternoon Everybody,

Today I did the Blast Only Premix from IMAX 2. Has anyone ever done that? It is a heart pumper for sure. I felt good actually doing the blasts but when Cathe brings the hr down for that 1 minute is when I really felt it. WHEW!! I feel like my cardio endurance is suffering only doing 20-30 min of cardio. Any others feel this way?

Gayle - I will take on the weigh in Challenge. Acutally I haven;t weighed in almost 2 weeks . I need to buy a new scale, I was using my neighbors:D :D I'm sure the new one will be waaay off.

Meals today:
M1 - Cream of wheat w/protien powder and Fresh Fruit
M2 - Protien Shake
M3 - Turkey Burger on ww bun and veggies
M4 - Cottage Cheese w/Yogurt
M5 - Chunky White Bean Soup (yummy!)
I Found the receipe in Fitness Magazine
M6- Apple & String Cheese

Carolyn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.