**** 12 Week Challenge Feb 8th****

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning Challengers!

Im up early to get my workout in before work. Todays workout is a short run, 4DSBC and 4DSKB.If I start in time I should be able to get a 3 mile run in and maybe some ab work.

My challenge for this weekend is no mindless eating! Im at work and I tend to get bored, therefore I eat! Blah! Why do we do that? Like Ive said before, it takes seconds to eat something...not like an hour! So why do we feel the need to eat b/c we are bored? Also wouldn't hurt to be a little hungry when I get home in the evenings for supper. I never want to eat supper cause I have been to busy picking all day!

K...got to get this workout started!

Lori:)

Good Morning Girls!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAYLE !! :) :) :) :) :)

Hope it's a great day for ya.

On Tap for today is a 5mile speedwork run. 4x800@4:03 w/400 jogs. We shall see how well I do ;) I'm tossing in abs to some dvd. I will work my back too. I think PUB and another DVD. Of course taking advantage of some of the machines at the gym.

Lori: I hear ya about DH's just kinda coming and going. What's with that? My DH was a gym rat a few years back when the kids were little. He always went and I sat at home with the 3 little ones. Crazy, huh? Now I make sure I get my time whether its the gym or a relaxing night at home. Course my kids are older so finding that time isn't so hard now. Good luck with the eating. I like to stay very busy otherwise I could probably find myself eating things I shouldn't.

So what's on tap for everyone's weekend?

I shall return my coffee is done. And here's a new thing-- school is on time today LOL.

BRB

Good morning girls - I'm up and at em' ;-) Today is my rest day, but I bartend tonight and that will keep me hopping anyway. So, it's a workout in a way ;-)

I'm still struggling with my menu and what to eat. I wish I could come up with something that I could stick with for a week and then see if I have more energy? Tired? Hungry or satisfied? Losing weight? Enough protein and fiber? Etc. Then I could just eat that for a few weeks and vary a little if I need to. See results and go from there.

I'm afraid to step on the scale, so I might not today. I just don't want it to be bad and then I'd be afraid my attitude would go out the window all weekend. :-(

BUT, it is TGIF.....YEAH!!! I'm so excited that it's Friday. Have a great one everyone, I'll be back later.

Marcia.

Hey Gals!

Got my workout done. 3 mile interval run, 4DSBC and 4DSKB. NOw I have to figure out what to do tomorrow morning}(

Kath** I seriously could have wrapped my hands around his troat last night:eek: I was sooo ticked and I am still alittle ticked today.Im not sure if he knows it or not but Im sure as the day wears on he will wonder why Im not calling him. ENjoy your workout!

Marcia** Have you really tried a eating plan to see if it works for you? I think you should get some tips from others then try it for a couple of days!

BBL!

Good morning ladies!

I started my morning with a Celebration For One with a HEAVY upper body workout, and followed that with a chocolate (thick, rich chocolatey) protien drink to toast my 36th BDay!

The kids want to go out to eat somewhere and take a cake with us, so we'll either do that tonight or tomorrow. We've got all weekend to celebrate! LOL. We've got basketball practice tonight, then older DS is going to a sleepover. So the family celebration may happen tomorrow. Then tomorrow night, DBF and I are going to dinner and a movie. ANYWAY...........

Great job, everybody! What's your goal for the weekend (I know Lori's already). Mine is the same. MINDFUL THOUGHTFUL eating.

Gayle

Lori – I’ve never run 10 miles at a time in my life so I am in awe of anyone who can do it. Sweets are my downfall, too. My free day is tomorrow so I bought a Kit Kat bar and small pack of Twizzlers – 2 of my faves. :9

Jacque – I work full-time and commute 1 ½ hours each day so I know what it’s like trying to fit everything in. Baseball season is the worst because DS has practice or a game about every other night. Fortunately I have a DH who supports me and pitches in as needed around the house or running errands. My kids are almost 11 & 13 so they help, too. My house is not immaculate though but most of the time it’s presentable at least. I gave up hobbies like scrapbooking a long time ago because I realized I didn’t have time to do both.

Marcia – I totally understand not wanting to step on the scale and have it affect your mood. Sometimes I need that reality check to get myself back in line though. Definitely a love-hate relationship. }(

Happy 36th Birthday Gayle! (You young’un you!) Enjoy your celebrations and CAKE this weekend! :9

Day 42 of 12 Week Challenge – Halfway – yippee!! Weigh in day isn’t supposed to be until tomorrow but I was curious so I checked this morning and I’m down another pound! Not much but after losing 6 last week I didn’t expect a lot. Just happy the scale is moving in the right direction. My goal this weekend is to enjoy my Free Day but eat everything in sight.

Today’s workout is PLB. I’m off today so after my workout I plan to get my oil changed, start loading tax software and see “27 Dresses” this afternoon. Better get going. Will try to checkin later.

Sue

Edited to add:
Lori & Kath - Please don't think my DH is perfect. I didn't mean to imply that. He takes a whole Saturday each month to play a geeky board game with his friends. To make matters worse, he usually makes himself a big breakfast and doesn't clean up before he leaves, sticking me with the mess. I ask "When do I get a day off?" and he says "You can have the afternoon off tomorrow and go shopping." Only problem is, if I'm gone he's more likely to sit around and watch tv rather than do the laudry, homework checking, etc. I would normally do. Okay, rant over.

Good Morning,

Happy birthday Gayle enjoy your weekend of celebration.

Tonites workout is timesaver blast #4 kickbox. Well Iam off to work.

Brkfst-special k waffle, boiled egg, and grapefruit
Lunch-free burrito from chipolte
Supper-don't know yet.

Gayle** Sounds like you had a good workout today! Does BF stayed for bestfriend....of boyfriend?;) Just wondering if you have a SO in your life yet!

Sue** I forgot that you lost 6 lbs last week, thats incrediable! How much weight do you have to lose? They only drop big numbers like that on the Biggest Loser;) My DH is usually pretty good but there are times through out the yr that I have to put the brakes on him and bring him back for a reality check!

Roxie** Enjoy your workout tonight!

My plan was to eat healthy all weekend and now DH wants to go out for wings tonight. Partly b/c he knows that he is in my bad books. He is going away tomorrow night for one night but that doesn't mean we have to spend "that" kind of quality time together! I told him I might be to tired b/c I was up early for my workout! HE didn't like that very much...we will see what happens!

Hi everyone! I was so ticked at DH last night. He goes to the grocery store and gets a 1/2 gallon of Breyer's vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce, and peanuts. This is my favorite treat! I resisted until about 9:30 and then had a small bowl, but I was irritated because ice cream wasn't even on my radar until he brought it home. It was good, but I am annoyed that I couldn't resist.

Workouts are going well. I am going to the gym after work to do the elliptical and some leg work.

Happy Birthday Gayle!!!!

Back to report I finished PLB. It's been awhile since I did the floorwork so my legs will be screaming tomorrow. Have Tae Kwan Do class tonight but I'd still like to fit some abs in today.

Lori - Yeah, I know 6 pounds was pretty amazing for me last week. Biggest Loser numbers - funny! :) I have 18 more to go. My weight was at all time high (except when I was pregnant) before the challenge. I actually would like to lose more than that - maybe another 10 more - but I want my goal to be realistic.

Karin - DH used to bring home frozen custard all the time! x( That stuff is so hard to resist when it's fresh and soft and creamy. :9 He hasn't brought any home in awhile but he eats chips in front of me all the time. I just leave the room so it doesn't bother me.

Okay, time to start those taxes!

Sue

Hi everyone.

Today's WI showed I'm holding steady. Six weeks in to this I would like to be down more than 1.5. but considering I gained a couple pounds and then relost them, I'm not too discouraged. I'm trying to use Lent to my advantage and see if that helps me control some of my bad eating habits. Sounds like several of us have been having a little struggle recently. We are aproaching the 1/2 point so let's all refocus, regroup, recommitt and head into the second half with new resolve and strength. Maybe its time to change it up a little. Add a different type of cardio, pull out a DVD you haven't done in awhile or try a new recipe. Or since its been so cold out and we are usually all bundled up, pull out your bathing suit, put it on and take a good look in the mirror. Decide where you are now and where you would like to be in the final 6 weeks and set the ball rolling. If you already look great in your bathing suit, congratulations & please tell us your secrets to success LOL.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

Gayle, hope you have a wonderful birthday.

Jean

Afternoon girls !!

I'm happy to report I survived speedwork --W00t! :) Worked my back and abs as well.

Now that it is Friday--friends want to go out for *munchies* and beverages. I suppose I can handle a few beverages and *light* munchies :) Can't have too many beverages though --tomorrow is another run--

Anyone else have any plans?

I shall return

Congrats Jean on the weight loss. I don't weigh in til Sunday. Although I'm tempted to peek-- I know better that scale can be evil at times. :)

Hi everyone! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAYLE!!!!

Sorry to be MIA this week, I was on travel for work and simply had limited time to check in. I WO (a very little) and ate OK (not great) and consequently appear to be up about 1.5#. No biggie. Now that I'm home things should get back to normal.

Next week, I'm going to try to get set up w/ a trainer @ the gym. I'm hoping that will help me to push myself harder. I really don't mind the WO - I think I just need to work harder.

ANYWAY, I've got to get back to work, but thought I'd drop in to say hi.

Good afternoon to all youse who got here waaaayyy before I did !

Today is a rest day but tomorrow night is out to dinner with friends so I think I'll put in a few miles on the TM to counteract }(

A BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU GAYLE ! I only wish I was back in my 30's for a few reasons at least . . . Now I know why you have so much more energy than I do. I remember the days of staying up a few nights in a row when the exDH was on trips. Painting and watching chick flicks - oh the times. Now 10 PM is late for me :7 Hope you enjoy your family/DBF weekend.

Lori - I'm with you on the picking, but I do it after work before WO so will go grocery shopping today and hopefully not dig in to the flavored pretzels and beer :p And I understand the DH thing - mine is a Hot Wheels collector and spends the entire weekend watching TV and hunting on eBay while I cook, clean, shop and organize. Soon I'll be doing the yardwork, except he does mow the lawns ! I guess an hour of chores is about all he can handle.

Kath - I am so in awe of your running workouts. I am doing well when I can get in a 30 - 60 min jog at 12 min/mile. But that is where my HR is about 85% so guess that works.

Marcia - hope you have fun bartending tonight and that you can find a "nutrition plan" that will work for you. It is hard, but maybe just starting with one that is in one of the Fitness magazines or online would be a good "base" from which to work.

Sue - great job, another pound. That is about all I can muster if at all - nice to see the 6 from last week stayed off ! I loaded my Turbo Tax last night so will get started on all the tax returns for my family this weekend too.

Karin - my DH sabotages me all the time with food. Until just before the holidays I was fine, but since then am having a really hard time. I think I may see if I am strong enough to do a Fat Flush week or two and get back on track. The little cheats like a few chips or a couple beers is really keeping me from losing.

Jean - some good ideas for those of us that just aren't being "strong" enough to stick to the eating plans we have made for ourselves. Am not so sure about getting back into the bathing suit though . . . ugh !

Andrea - glad you are home from your week away and get back to routines. The trainer sounds like it just might be the "push" that may help you. It is hard sometimes to push yourself when it is just you - guess that's why they always say to work out with a buddy :7

Happy weekend all - I hear we may have some sunny weather in the 60's this weekend so I'm a happy camper !

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.