**** 12 Week Challenge Feb 17th****

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Where is everyone!?:) Just sipping my luke warm coffee and doing my check ins. I think I will reread yesterdays post and come back for personnals!

Lori:)

Becca** what workout did you decide on after? I don't think I will be doing 3 heavy weight days. The first one at the beginning of the week will be heavy and then the others will be more of a moderate weight. I did go heavier then Cathe and I was sore but I didn't go extremely heavy.

Roxie** Your DH wouldn't like me very well! LOL My boobies are only a 34B and there are somedays I think I could take a A! Your chest is far from small. What odds about him! Do what makes you happy! They are far from small. When I was bf;ing DS I was into a D cup and I hated them! They made me feel so big. Do you know what rotation you are going to do next? do you have most of cathes workouts?

Ameila** I wrote you on the other thread...Im sure you know that already! hehe

Heather** Glad to hear things are going well for you! Im not sure if my stomach is sensitive to gluten or not but I can eat regular oatmeal without a hitch. I have to say, the bloating has went down a far bit since I stopped eating it...so much for that! Your eating is super healthy! Your eating things that I don't even touch:)

Gayle** How was your day yesterday? DId you eat your face off? hehe Sounds like you had a very enjoyable day planned!

Sue** I do enjoy running, more so in the summer time outside. I get a nice tan as well!:) Good job on MIC yesterday! I haven't done that one in forever! Probably a good reason why!

Dreamjeanie** Somedays we just don't have the stamina for certain things, I have been there. Next time may be better!

Kelly** Your shake sounded yummy! I just wish shakes kept me fuller! Id drink them all the time then.

Andrea** Your right, 20 mins is better then nothing! Prehaps you will be in the mood to do something today!

Yesterday I ended up doing a 5 mile run and Kari Andersons abs. It was a good workout and long enough. Then it was a rat race to get to the b-day party where I had a tiny peice of cake,and a cookie:9 Then to a friends house where we had a BBQ! Today I have to focus on eating clean again. Took my measurements and everything is the same,which is fine by me. I don't expect to lose much more in that dept!

I should get some breakfast for everyone! BBL!
Lori:)

I'm here Lori. I actually SLEPT IN today! LOL Till 8am! Imagine that! I usually can't sleep past 6 without an alarm! Guess it's these late nights with So and his kids! HA!

I'm waiting for my kids to wake up, then I'm taking them to a friend/neighbor's house and I'll take off from there for my 7mile long run. I'll be wearing my new GPS for the first time, and I'm excited about that! WOO HOO! lol (I amuse easily).

Other than that, we're doing NOTHING today! LOVE having a clear schedule!

BBL

Gayle

Morning girls

Todays workout is a 30min HIIT on the TM

Lori-morning ....just wrote to you on the other thread!;-)

Gayle-enjoy your run and GPS! Let us know how you liked it! What is it? LOL,I also amuse easily!

Im fixin to make me up batch of protien pancakes! I think for supper tonight i will make that turkey meatloaf,only I have to use 93% lean ground beef because my grocery store was OUT of ground lean turkey x(! I will let your girls know if its any good? Has anybody ever tried it( that is the Eating for life recipe)it looks kinda similar to tosca renos recipe.

I will also be making those potatoes that come with it-may make them garlic potatoes:9 im kinda scared to eat anything white though?

bbl

Good morning, Lori, Gayle and Amelia.

Listening to you guys all talk about running is making me itch for spring even more! (No treadill - I'm an outdoor runner - well jogger anyway) We're supposed to get a mix of freezing rain and snow today - yuck! At least we went to church and did all our errands yesterday so don't have to go anywhere today. Weighed myself and I'm down 2 of the 3 I gained this week. I should get one of those slidey ruler things that keeps track of your weight loss because I'm sure I'm confusing the heck out of all you guys (lose 4, gain 2, lose 6, etc.) I'm down a total of 9 so far.

This week is a crucial week for eating clean because on Thursday I have to WEAR A BATHING SUIT!! Eeek! I know it sounds much too early to show my pale body in public but the kids are off school Thursday and Friday and we are going to an indoor waterpark. Anyone have any ideas how to lose 10 pounds in 4 days? :+

Back later to report my workout and checkin with everyone.

Sue

Good Morning Everyone,

Today is a rest day for me, but I think I will walk on the TM and watch the race. Didn't make it to wal-mart for groceries yesterday so I have to do that today to. DH handed me $300.00 and took me shopping told me to spend it on whatever I wanted, bought some new workout clothes, tops, and Toscas cookbook not sure I will use it.

Lori- I only have the beginner series, Basic, Body Fusion, Low Impact, Total Body Sculpt, Total Body Strecthing, and now LIC. I just bid on Cardio and Weights, and Low Max, on ebay, but Im having alittle difficulty winning right now, I have bid on 4 different Kickmaxs and lost all 4 times. I'm thinking about having DH buy it for me is it worth it, I like kickboxing on the timesaver blast series?

Afternoon Girls :) :) :)

I didn't get a chance to chekc in yesterday. Was a busy day for me. I did gte my 3mile run in. I also worked abs at the gym. :) Was a great workout--even though I thought I could have ran further :) But I'm being good and following the plan :)

Today is a rest day. I don't really call it my free day. As that I like to keep myself on track every day allowing a treat if I so desire.

Today is also weigh in day. I'm down another pound and BF is holding at 10%. I'm not sure how much more weight I'll loose. They key is dropping BF. So I'm 3 pounds to my goal weight of 116 :) :) Not bad huh? I'm on Day 46 of clean eating and entering week 8 of my running schedule :) I've noticed a few more races being posted locally. Some are 5Ks and I do believe there is a 10K in the next month. That would work perfectly for me :)At least I can try out my legs in one or two. :)

Tomorrow is my long run: 10miles I may switch it to Tuesday as that it is a holiday here. We do plan on hitting the gym but I may do circuits tomorrow . Time will tell :)

I'm off to the grocery store to buy fresh stuff.

I'm pretty pumped about my success. Last night I had someone actually give me a compliment and not a "OMG are you eating?" :) :) Felt good :)

Maybe I'll be back later :)
It's raining here---what's with that????

Hi there fellow Challengers,

I haven't posted in a long time, but I do read the thread daily and really like hearing how everyone is doing :)

I responded to a thread in the OD and thought I'd mention it here, too--I'm having one of those yucky craving days! So frustrating. I'm fighting the temptation to bake something...something chocolaty and gooey....:9

I'm still losing weight and really, really enjoying Cathe's feb. rotation. I was ready to quit it if I didn't see enough of a calorie burn with the cut down on cardio, but it hasn't been that way at all! Very surprised. Now I just need to get my head back into the clean eating and get past the half-way mark in my goals.

Congrats to everyone who's sticking to the challenge, and thanks to those who're sharing their struggles--it helps me to know I'm not alone!

Have a great week,

Kelly S.

Hello everyone,

To Kath : Well done, you are obviously doing everything right, keep it goin"!!!

Lori : Work work do you do ?

Gayle I love having a clear day, get the workout done then the day is your with the kids. I usually (not all the time) waste the day and just spend the time at home with my kids.

Once again my workouts have been great, yesturday I did 4DS Bootcamp and kickbox, cardio sections only. I wanted a lighter day as I completed a hardcore workout the day before. No weight loss or change in body shape - quite possibly bc I can't get back onto the "clean" eating wagon since I fell off earlier this week. Its TOUGH Going!

Today, my workout (this is the plan) will be : Muscle endurance, followed by 10 mins skipping, 500 sit ups. Its going to be a hot day here so, I will see how I go.

Better go, make schol lunches and get organised.

TTFN

Andrea

Roxie - Wow! What a nice DH you have giving you $300 to spend. If I were you I'd use some of it to buy more dvds. :7 I'd recommend Cardio Kicks if you don't have it. Some people don't like Kickmax because they say the kickboxing is too easy and the blast challenge is too high impact.

Kath - Sounds like you are well on your way to reaching your goals. Always nice to hear compliments. :D

Kelly - Hi there back. I get those craving days, too where I want something baked. Doesn't necessarily have to be chocolately and gooey but if it is, that's a bonus. ;) How about some oatmeal with peanut butter and chocolate protein powder (or diet hot cocoa if you don't have chocolate). It's filling and tasty. Congrats on losing. Going to have to checkout Cathe's Feb. rotation if it's giving you good results.

I did a new workout today that I "absolutely" love! Absolute Kickboxing with Kimberly Spreen. Not only did it have great kickboxing choreo, it was easy to follow without having to waste valuable time previewing. (I hate previewing. :p ) I wish I had a body bar for the combat intervals though. I used my Tae Kwan Do boken (spelling?) instead but it's very light so my shoulders didn't get the workout they would have otherwise. One slight criticism though - she calls one move a helicopter and I know from Forms class that a helicopter is a twirling over the head motion and that is not what we did. My DS actually pointed that out for me as I was doing my workout and said "See - it's just like in Forms class!" Anyway, I give this workout an enthusiastic 2 thumbs up.

Off to do more Laundrymax. . .

Sue

Hey everyone. No WO for me today - my mind wants to WO, but my tummy is a bit punky today. I'll make up for it skiing tomorrow anyway LOL. The upside of the punky tummy is that I'm eating CLEAN cuz that's what works.

For whoever wants the chocolatey gooey thing (sorry short term memory issue today...), I like the VitaMuffin Deep Chocolate muffin tops. They taste awesome, are about 100 cal each, and have 6g of fiber. That way I don't feel so guilty about a treat.

Gayle, I envy you a clear day, although mine isn't too bad. I'm going to head to Target to exchange some too-big scooters for DD and then to Payless - she wants "clicky" shoes (shoes w/ heels).

I'm starting to look forward to running outside...should be able to do that on weekends in a couple more weeks (I'm a weather weenie) - can't go out for an early morning run until May-ish - don't like meeting up w/ the coyotes in the dark. We've also periodically had bobcats in our neighborhood.

OK, I'd better get going. Enjoy the rest of the day!

Sue,

He took me to a particular town to shop I had to spend the money there that is why I want him to order kickmax for me or I might wait until the end of the week when income tax comes in. What about KPC should I get that one? Iam some what familiar with part of it since I have been doing timesaver blast.

How nice of him! :) I like both Kickmax and KPC but they are very different. Kickmax has this blast challenge that will challenge you aerobically and the leg drills at the end are great for toning and improving the form of your kicks. KPC has great combos. Enjoy! :7

Sue

12-Week Challenge Check-in

Challengers:

This is another quick check-in to report my workouts for the seventh week of this challenge:

02-11-08 a.m. 4-Day Split Higher Intensity Step

02-12-08 a.m. 4-Day Split Kickbox (cardio) + Gym Style Legs (standing legs and stretch) + Core Max (first segment)

02-13-08 a.m. 4-Day Split Lower Intensity Step (cardio, shoulders, and stretch)
02-13-08 p.m. Biggest Loser Challenge (team training with Laurie)

02-14-08 a.m. 4-Day Split Boot Camp

02-15-08 a.m. Low Max

02-16-08 a.m. Kick Max (boot camp challenge premix) + Core Max (complete core premix)

02-17-08 a.m. Stretch Max (stability ball segment)

Cathe’s blog update got me all excited tonight! I hope I can calm down long enough to type straight! LOL! Wow! It looks like my prayers have been answered! I sent a PM to Cathe on Valentine’s Day suggesting that a nice gift for her forum girls would be a sneak peek at the hot guys she chose for STS. Oh my stars! I am delighted with the blog update, but it was not nice of her to get me so excited this close to bedtime. LOL! Be still my heart! STS may be my favorite series of all time! Suddenly, this cardio lover is dreaming about weights! Glory!

I am glad to see a Texas girl in there too. I hope Cathe invites the new cast members to attend the next Road Trip! I am looking forward to her 2009 Cathe calendar too!

I am going to say my bedtime prayers and repent of lust now. Sweet dreams!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.