*****Kettlebells Weekend Report*****

andilynn67

Cathlete
Hi everyone! I've been MIA all week but I got A's on all my finals and on my last two term papers! Now I'm going to rest for three weeks before the summer semester starts! I havn't missed any workouts this week but the types have been all over the place! Everything from Cathe to Turbo Jam to kettlebells, talk aout ADD! I'm also really enjoying the GWF I bought it's a real eye opener as far as letting me know how much I'm really moving and sleeping, I only managed five hours of sleep the other day between my dogs barking and the phone ringing( nite shift is tough) ! Next week I got bumped back to day shift so maybe I'll get back to normal! Today is a rest day so I think I'll get out and find a nice gift for my mom and maybe take her out in the process, I hope all the mom's have a special day tomorrow!

Waves to all! :)

Good Morning

Welcome back Andilynn!!!:) Missed ya!

Today was Firepower! I haven't done this in months, really enjoyed it! It was hard, but fun. I used my 25#kb for most single moves (35# for the suitcase deadlift) and my 2 20#ers for the doubles. The good new is, some moves I was thinking if I had doubles of the 25s I would be able to use them!:) I did the snatch test with the 25#kb, really worked on my form, went to rewind, and messed up:eek: had to fast forward and did the snatch test again with the 25#er, but had a rest time inbetween, which I didn't want. So I ended up doing the snatch for 10 minutes with a minute-ish break after 5 minutes :confused: Overall really happy with the workout (to see more info check my blog)

wanted to work on/practice deadlifts, but forgot! LOL:p:eek: I am going to start practicing next week on form.

Happy early mom's day to all! or enjoy the day with your mom!;)

Andilynn, great job on your finals!!! You must feel so relieved to be done for a few weeks. :) My sister works nights as a nurse and I can understand how difficult it is to try and sleep while the rest of the world is wide awake. I hope you get that day shift!

Deanie, I have never done Firepower. Would you say that it is more difficult than Newport or Providence? Great job on the weights - I don't know how long it will take me to be able to do 10 minutes (I don't care how many breaks you take, that is a lot!) of snatches with 25#; actually ALL of you guys amaze me with the weights you are using. I hope to work up to that.

Everyone else: Hello! And I am so sorry that I have been so impersonal with everyone. This week has been very crazy, but in a good way. I home school my two boys and this week I was studying the bible every single day, for at least three hours each time (it was so exciting!), with someone as well as running around doing the usual mom stuff; tae kwon do, grocery shopping, taking care of the pets (that is actually fun part: we have two dogs, two rats and a hamster), getting ready for DD's first school dance, etc. And I was doing it on very little sleep. I was totally out of it; I hope to get to know you all better this week since my schedule will settle down. :)

The workout:
Well, I never got the workout in yesterday because... well, I don't have a good excuse, but life really took over. This is the worst week I have had workout wise in months. :confused: But, I am correcting it today! Here's the plan:

Providence up to the figure 8/sling shot round with a set of pull-ups/chin-ups between each round PLUS from Jersey Crossfit:

On the 2 minute mark for 20 minutes, do

• 5 burpees
  • 10 kettlebell snatches
  • 15 mountain climbers
  • 20 kettlebell swings
You guys call that a cash out, right? Well, that's how I'm cashing out. :) The plan is 5 rounds instead of 10, though. I can do it... I WILL do it. :) I just hope I have enough fuel after all the crap I ate yesterday: DH brought home my favorite truffles to celebrate Mother's Day early and I pigged out. They were soooo delicious and I have been working so hard and eating fantastically so I kinda figured I sorta deserved it, BUT I know I will suffer today. It may have been worth it, we'll see. ;]

Have an awesome day guys, and I will chat with you later! :)
Missy

Well, I didn't do what I had set out to do :eek:... all that crappy eating zapped what is usually a good energy reserve for workouts, but I did Providence as produced, in it's entirety, and added a few sets of pull-ups in between the first couple of rounds... after that I actually needed breaks between rounds! Blech!!! But I feel so much better now that I have my workout in and I did the entire snatch test (20#). I wasn't able to go up in weight, and I actually had to lower it for some rounds during the routine, but I am done, ready for the day and will wait a little bit longer for my next cheat day; I did go a little bit overboard y'day, but it was delicious. :p

Have a great day you guys! I will see you tomorrow. :)
Missy

Hi Everyone,

I loved yesterday's workout. I did only 4 rounds but I could have gone another round at least. The hardest part was the man makers. Wow...those were tough to get through.

This morning I did Cathe's Pyramid workout. I did the up only premix of both lower and upper body. I'm fried.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and Happy Mother's Day to the all the mom's.

Just wanted to say Happy Mother's Day to everyone! I'm spending the day with the whole family , my mom , my daughter, grandson and DH's parents, it's going to be a wonderful day! I got up early and got my workout in so I could be freed up for the rest of the day,STS disc 13 is a smoker I really enjoyed the tricep work and I think that I need to dust of the weight bench and sub it for my step so I'll have a place to put my barbell in between sets of chest presses. I'm really looking foward to the new cardio!

Waves to all! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.