***** Tuesday KettleBellers *****

Gayle

Cathlete
Good morning!

Marcy - I’m glad work is getting less crazy for you soon. Nice workout yesterday! The kitchen is coming along pretty well. We’re planning to install our range hood this weekend and we’re on the plumber’s list, but don’t have an ETA as to when he can come and hook up our stuff. I still need to pick out a backsplash.:confused:

DH can’t wait for the new kitchen to become functional so he can demolish the old one…I think demoing things is therapeutic for him.;)

Melissa – Great job on the snatches! What kinda web site are you building?

Hi Deanie, Jane, Rhonda and Ann!!!

Here’s last night’s workout, the swings went better than expected :):

Buy in:
Dynamic warm up
3 rounds
* 10 halos
* 10 air squats

ETK: 15 minutes of swings

• minutes 1-5 used 12kg and jumped rope during rests
  • minutes 6-15 used 16kg, no jump rope

Cash out: 3x3 chin up/push up ladder – still using my partial chin up

Foam roll!

Have a good day! BBL.

Good Morning!

No workout for me today (well, maybe later, but I doubt it;)) I had to get blood work done this morning - routine stuff, that I haven't done in about 4 years. Now I remember why....you have to fast! I didn't get home till late, and then I just wanted to eat!!! DH is off today, no plans, but I probably won't workout:mad: bummer.

My in-laws are planning on coming down April 17th, so I am hoping to wrap up ETK by the 16th! we'll see how it goes, but its looking good!

Gayle::: Great workout yesterday! Glad to hear your kitchen is coming along. I liked Rhonda's glass backsplash idea! I think you should join DH is smashing the old kitchen...demolishing things is therapeutic...and fun!!;):)

Jane::: I'm really glad to hear your mom is doing well. I really liked your workout yesterday! How'd it go? I copied it for future reference!

Marcy:::
Glad work is easing up!

Melissa:::
What website????

waves to Ann and Rhonda!!

Have a great day!!

Hi Everyone!

I didn't do the workout last night I did Firepower instead - twice through with short rests. It nearly killed me. I have to remember that I haven't worked out that much in the last 2 weeks. I'm doing the workout I had planned for yesterday later in the week.

This is what I'm doing tonight:

Max Rounds in 30 minutes
5 Manmakers
100 Jump Rope
30 Ball Slams
15 Swings

It's really nice outside now. We are expecting temps in the 80's on Wednesday and throughout the rest of the week.

Marcy ~ I'm glad work is easing up for you.

Deanie ~ Enjoy your day and don't worry about your workout. Just chill and enjoy!

Gayle ~ I'm glad the swings went better than expected.

Hi Melissa, Rhonda and Ann.

Hope everyone has a great day!

DEANIE, YOU'RE SLACKING! Two days in a row Gayle had to start us up. :p:p:p
I hope all of your bloodwork comes back A-OK. I don't mind getting my blood drawn, but I'm with you - not eating is for the reptiles. I am ready to eat the walls if I miss breakfast, forget fasting.
Are you doing a different ETK rotation than I am? My last Heavy Day is this Saturday... Words cannot describe how sad I am. :( I have absolutely loved every single day of this rotation. What am I going to do now? Compared to this, SIM stinks and I don't want to do it again, but maybe I will stick with it for a month just to have something. :confused: Maybe I will do ETK again. :D

Gayle, don't you love Halos? They feel so good to me. Nice workout!
What colors are you thinking for the backsplash? Darker than the paint, black and white? I love to see how people decorate their homes. :D

Jane, I love your workouts. I am so happy to hear that your mom came home early and is doing well!!! I am singing "Oh Happy Day!" Sister Act style!!! :D:D:D

I did a KB Tabata today.
*swings 30#
*KBHP 25#
*hand2hand sumos (which totally sucked, but in a good way) 25/20#
*snatches 25# but my LHS grip was saying "NOOOOO!" so I moved down for the last one
*swings 30#

I used lighter weights because... well, just because I didn't want to kill myself and I wanted to have umph for my swings tomorrow.

I am working on a fitness website. I have the layout pretty much set up, now I just have to figure out the graphics, headings and tables. I have to buy a very expensive program for that and I really can't, so I am trying to find someone who may be able to let me use their program just so I can finish my template. I got the idea from a little bit of everywhere: posting my ETK videos, you guys, this rotation, other bloggers... There needs to be something about fitness being loving to yourself, reaching goals, feeling good and not trying to live up to standards that are completely unattainable and it needs to be from someone who isn't trying to sell us something or elevate themselves in some way. Honestly, probably nobody will look at it but I feel like I actually have an outlet for my feelings, opinions and energy now - the Missy me, not the mom, wife or friend - and it has given me a sense of purpose. :)

Well, I have to go... today my baby is SIX!!! :eek::(:(:( I can't believe how big he is...

Hugs,
Melissa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.