******Watercoolers*******Saturday Sendoff to May

FiddleFit

Cathlete
Good morning,

I bought a new pair of shoes last night (not Rykas, for a change). I'm going to put them through their paces today with Drill Max cardio & lower body premix. Since today was supposed to be Legs&Back, I'll add in a set of pull ups between each circuit.

Yesterday I did Abs/core+ and XStretch. Oh boy, do I love that stretch workout. I really need to do that one more often.

We have a full day ahead of us, so I don't know if I'll get back or not. Thanks to everyone for the reassurances about the potty training the other day. You all confirmed my experience with my older dd: when they're ready, they're ready, and there's not much you can do until then.

Have a great day!!!
Sandra

Hey Coolers!

I'm back for real this time :D After our trip to California, I was swamped trying to get caught up on everything and then we went away for the holiday weekend to my MIL's house. After another hectic week, I'm just about caught back up on stuff and I hope to have a quiet week coming up :) Unfortunately, with all the busy-ness, I have slacked off with the workouts, so I'm planning a hard rotation to get back up so snuff }( I'll be starting off with the 4DS as produced and the kicking it up a notch with the Jan '08 rotation unless Cathe posts a doozie for June, lol. Be back (in a new window) for personals in a minute...

Carol

Sandra -- Ooh, what shoes did you end up with? I'm in the market for new shoes, and much as I love the Rykas, I'm always looking for new ideas, too.

Debra -- I hope your head is feeling better today!

Patricia -- Finding a salon is just so hard! I still wait and go when I'm at my mom's (an hour away) b/c I just don't like any around us.

Wendy -- How's the end of year catch-up going? When do you have your review? LOL about the dictionaries. Nathan has been known to read the encyclopedia for bedtime reading. Kids are so funny!

That's it for me for now. I'm off to Costco and then back to workout. I hope you all have a great day!

Carol

Guess where I am? On the Schukyll Expressway typing on my laptop. Yeah, I'm milking this free month of cell phone modem usage!!!! Anyhow, we didn't leave for MIL's house last night. Phil got home late, and I was exhausted. FYI, Lindy is on a rampage. UGH!

Sandra: Nice to see you up and about in the wee hours of the morning. Well, don't leave us hanging. What shoes did you buy? I promise I won't say anything more negative about shoes unless... Anyhoo, I need to break out XStretch soon. I forget how good that one feels.

Woudn't you know it. Phil does not know how to drive with sunglasses. The man got off in China Town!!! I'm having nightmare flashbacks of Thailand!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in no condition for this!!!! OMW! You'd think he never drove to Jersey. And, can I just say that the Philly Public Works department really need to address the potholes on Arch and 8th! It's making typing *almost* impossible. Enough of ranting about Phil. I'm taking those shades away if he keeps up with this nonsense driving!!!!!!!!!!

Carol: I tried looking for the June rotation. I didn't see it posted. Then again, I'm wearing shades too. :+ The girls have their testing on the 9th and evaluations on the 14th. If I am diligent, I should have everything wrapped up by the 13th at midnight. LOL I think I'm going to return the children's dictionary. It's too overstimulating with all the pictures and colors. I'm going to see what the elementary dictionary that SWB recommends looks like.

Well, I'm going to post. I need to focus my attention on road rage or Phil rage. Anyone got Motrin?;-)

Wendy

Phil would like to warn you guys to beware of engaging in any conversation with me. }( sigh

Jeanette and Kim: I should pull out a CC when I get home tonight and release some endorphins. Coach Sean can find them. Right?!?!?!:7

Jeanette: What a ride you had yesterday!!! One nice thing about using a trainer, I can work with Sean. However, biking or running outdoors would be a much nicer experience despite the stormy weather. Nah!!! :7 :+ ;) I hope you find something you like for your skin. I'd like to hear about any other products you decide to use. I'm always thinking there's something better out there. Yeah, like Botox. LOL My shoulder is a PITA!!! It'll feel fine and then something as seemingly harmless as sitting in a large overstuffed chair will tighten it up again. I really should complain to the salon. Maybe, I could have gotten a free massage if I did. ;) I think Jillian got everything all inflamed from the 30 Day Shred. She's fond of working the shoulders. Traci needs to post an update. I should get on her nerves and email her about it.}( Stay away from extensions. It's the new craze at my salon!!!! Most of the stylists have long weaves. It looks so artificial!!!!!! Not in a good way!!!! I like your hair style. It fits your petite frame and facial features. It really makes your beautiful eyes pop! Have fun with your domestic bliss!!!!

Well, it looks like EVERYONE and their little dog too are heading for the shore! You'd think it was a holiday. UGH! Back to road rage.

Wendy

Early afternoon everyone:

Another lie in the a.m. - the only good thing about having a sick kid:p His temp. seems a bit better but he has this all overbody rash so I made him sleep in just his diaper last night.:p I believe it's just a viral infection so nothing you can do except treat the symptoms and let it runs its course.

Went out for our family breakfast then on to Wally World for some pants for Matthew. I seem to keep buying more of them lately. He is coming home for pre-school with rips in the knees. Just didn't want to buy pants at this time of year as he probably won't wear them past another week or so then thats it until Sept. He is so fighting me about wearing shorts lately - getting very opinionated about what he wears these days.

Bought a fan for my w/o room too. Especially with summer even in the basement I get pretty sweaty;( BTW I'm ready Barbara Walter's book and she doesn't sweat - so all those hours under hot lights she is cool and refreshed looking w/o any effort. Wonder how I can get those genes?

Just waiting for DS to take his afternoon nap then off to do Burn it Up.

Debra - sounds like you were kept busy with the girls party. Maybe enough so that you forgot about your headache?

Wendy - I sometimes find it so hard to sit as a passenger especially when the driver mades mistakes - even after you start to tell them their doing something wrong. Don't need any alter ego to come for that.;-) Sounds like homeschooling keeps you more busy than the kids.

Jeanette - I work full-time for a construction firm. We moved last Aug. for about 3 years to build a huge hospital in Northern Ontario. I'm right on site in a trailer. I have all the amenities, (ie full flushing toilets), even a kitchen w/fridge, microwave, coffee maker, toaster oven. I try to get out for a site tour every month but with my LASIK in April I skipped a couple months and also skipped most of the winter. ;-) I'm an office manager in charge of the administration of the project and accounting.

Carol - good to hear you're still alive and well. Life sure gets in the way sometime of all our other pursuits.

Sandra - where do you buy Ryka's - I bought new shoes about a month ago and the only thing retail was cross-trainers so I got New Balance I think. They're okay but sometime feel a bit big when doing step.

Okay, off to convince DS to take a nap then on to my w/o.

Just back from our 13 mile run. This was our last really long run, next week we're doing just 8 miles and then the week after is the race! I'm glad that it's almost done, I'm ready to do less running and do some other cardio like step and kickboxing. Yesterday I did CC#6 and upped the speed so my legs were a bit tired for the long run today. ;) DH took ds to swimming legs, I'm going to have a relaxing afternoon and then dd has her piano recital this evening. It's nice having everything winding up except football which is starting tomorrow.

Patricia- I'm curious why you were up in Alaska, just on holidays? I booked a tour of the the Yukon Wildlife Preserve so we should see some wildlife. That's boys for you, rips in the knees of the pants. DS goes through a million pairs of pants. I didn't realize that you guys are building a hospital, is this in North Bay? Just asking because, Winnipeg does alot of patient care for Northern Ontario so I'm quite familiar with lots of the hospital in Northwest Ontario.

Debra- Did you survive the sleepover??:+

Jeanette- I'm so glad that you're getting in your walks during the day, what a great stress reliever. It would be nice to do that, our problem is that our hospital is located in a very high crime area so not a nice place to walk. There is a walking lap in the hospital or we have walked about the complex (hospital/university) which is huge but not very nice options. We do have a beautiful courtyard where we sit in the summer to eat lunch. We'll be in Whitehorse for 6 sleeps. ;) LOL about staying in the orange zone all the way home! I really enjoy working about with Sean too, the time goes so much faster and I definitely feel like I push myself harder.

Wendy- Where are you driving too?
I only have one child in music thank goodness. I used to sit with her when she was younger. But now I do less and less. I usually sit with her the first time she practices after her class to review what her new songs are, etc and then less after that. She likes to play the piano for fun but she only likes to play the songs that she knows, new songs are too much work. ;) I'll try and post some pics after our vacation, I'm getting my hair done next Friday so it will be good timing.

Laurie How exciting for your dd!! Did you have fun at the toddler's party last night?

Sandra Are you doing more stuff at the Y today or kids' stuff? Are the kids' activites winding down yet?

Nice to see you back Carol!

Kim

Hi all!! I am alive...We all survived with minimal heartbreaks or injuries. They were actually really good over all...But very diva-like! Drama rules in a girl's world.

After all of that being said, DD and I are both getting ready to take naps. We are supposed to go out to dinner with CBL tonight, so I would like for us to be in a good mood...lol.

Yesterday I finished up the rest of PUB which was tris and bis...just a short workout since I had the little ones over last night. I am sure I will do some sort of workout this afternoon...yoga perhaps...I got a new Bryan Kest CD that I am excited to try out. I don't know if I have enough energy for even a short cardio...so I will try to do that tomorrow.

Back later to catch up with everyone...Hope you are all having fun weekends!
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Hey Kim - you won the prize - you guessed where I live. It is such a small world. I can't remember if it was this forum or over in VF but I came across someone from the U.S. who had even been to Sudbury:) That's where I have to go for my Costco fix. Our company also did some work on the Sudbury Hospital so we do get around.

Ok hubby is putting DS down so I really need to get off this computer and do my w/o.

Afternoon Coolers,

I'm having one of those lazy days. I decided to do a timed run today, so I managed a 60 min run. Then I did one of the BBC 12min Adv. Upper Body workouts. Talk about a burn, because you are doing these for 1 min, it sure is some endurance work. :7

Was sorting through some one magazines this morning, and taking out the things that interested me. I have to find some organizational ways to put some of these recipies into a folder. Guess it will be those clear plastic holders. I plan on making some pies this afternoon, and I think that is about it. Tomorrow will be our first rehearsal for faire, yes the season is almost upon us. I don't think that I will be getting a new dress, but DH is busy getting the rest of his outfit done. Mine will probably get done, but not for the beginning of the season.

Cami must be having a doggie dream because I just heard a little bark, and her feet are a going. Silly puppy! Had to call the newspaper to get a new paper holder, because some kids came by at some time and gave ours a good wack! This isn't the first time this has happened. Our mail box has been hit a couple of times. x(

Sandra, Now I know what I would like to do later for my stretch, it has been a couple of weeks since I got in a good XStretch. Hope you have a great time with the rest of your day.

Carol, Glad to see that you days are getting back to normal. Will have to see what Cathe has for a June rotation. Don't work yourself to hard though. ;-)

Wendy, Don't know how you can type in a car. Well I know I wouldn't be able to, because I can get car sick when I try to do something else while DH is driving. Must be because he isn't a very good driver. Oh did I say that! :7 :7 Phil is a funny guy, why wouldn't we want to talk to Lindy? :7 :7

Patricia, Ok now I find it kind of freaky that BW doesn't sweat! She must be part reptile or something. }( That is it! I was watching an old episode of CSI, and there was this group of people that thought aliens where among us. These aliens where reptiles, so that means that BW is an alien. That explains everything for me know! :7 :7 :7 Ok so maybe a good nights sleep makes my mind kind of goofy!! I don't think I'm going to miss the rental, I kind of enjoy driving my mini-van. I like being up higher while driving.

Kim, WTG on the 13 miles, you will do fine for your half! The 3 year old party was actually a lot of fun. Got to visit with my family again, and my DB gave me the phone number of a concrete guy. We want to put a concrete patio in the back yard, and this guy is doing my DB's for around $2000. Not a bad price, and it actually looks cool. He is making the corners curved.

Debra, Glad you all survived the festivities. Having a house full of Diva's must have been crazy at times. Right now my youngest is taking a bath, and she has the music blasting. The water in the tub has to be ice cold, because she has been in there for almost an hour. I'm not even going to ask what the heck she is doing in there. Probably has a tub full of Barbies. :7 :7

Jeanette, That ride you had yesterday sure was an adventure. I think next time you get that cell phone out and call DH to come pick you up. :7 :7 Yes, my DD was very excited. I will get to hear all about it tonight, they are suppose to be home this evening. She hasn't called yet, but I hope to here from her soon.

Have a great day,

Laurie

Good Evening Coolers

Just finished dinner and will rest the balance of the evening. Did BIU and might do Karen Voights Great Weighted w/o tomorrow as a change of pace.

Kim - our Alaska trip was purely vacation. When DH spent 5 mos working down in the Bahamas the previous winter with the construction company we work for and got friendly with another couple down there who also work for our company. We're all over the US and Canada. Anyhow their next assignment was Alaska working on the airport in Anchorage for 2 years. Alaska has alway been a place we wanted to visit and what better opportunity then being able to stay with friends then in a hotel (or camper). Both DH and friend enjoy fishing so they got out a couple times. I ended up seeing the zoo and different wildlife exhibits. We went end of June 1st week of July and it turned cold. Almost needed a winter coat. Rained during the day and turned sunny at night. Go figure...Anchorage has about 200,000 population so just like visiting any other US city almost. The worst thing was all the furniture and rugs were WHITE. Do you know how paranoid I was with a 2yr old? The other thing we noticed, EVERY house was a duplex. I'm curiuos if Whitehorse is like that?

Laurie - I'm thinking making your own binder of recipes and you can index them? I've presently got one massive file folder of receipes and end up using the same old ones. along with about 30 receipe books.

I've been searching yoga mats on line and finally decided on the Mansuka yoga mat (the original one). It's a bit pricey but I want something to cushion my elbows. My current mat is starting to fall apart. The problem is I'm having a hard time buying it on-line. No Canadian distributors. I've tried 2 us sites and everytime I get to the checkout I'm getting an error. Maybe its not meant to be. I work out on laminate flooring so find I need the extra cushioning for any type of floor work. Will try searching some more tomorrow as I'm too frustrated now.

Have a great Sat. night

Hi all,
Workout this morning was Muscle Endurance. Left me feeling nice and toasty. After that, DH and I headed out to the woods with the dogs. We had a nice ride, though it was a bit cooler than I thought it would be and I could have used another jacket, or better yet, my Outback duster. All went well until we were a few miles from the truck and the Rhino kept backfiring, running very roughly and died. We got it going again, but there is possibly something wrong with an after market ignition part that we had purchased last fall. I emailed the company tonite and quickly got an answer back that it should be an easy fix and for me to call them on Monday morning. Okay.

I picked up a couple of movies in town. We just got done watching "I Am Legend", and now watching "Michael Clayton". That Will Smith is quite an actor. Who would have thought he would do so well after The Fresh Prince of BelAir?

Sandra, how did the shoes work out? Reminds me that I need some new ones too. Re: potty training, I think most adults are potty trained so odds are pretty good that it'll happen for your DD too! I think back to my Mom raising all 5 of us kids with no disposable diapers. We sure have it a lot better as mothers than she did.

Wendy, hope you arrived safely at your MIL's house. I am absolutely the world's worst back seat driver when DH drives. I hate being on the freeways with him, LOL, we don't have any here, but Reno does. I'm a nervous wreck there. When I was at the end of my Cardio Coach and fighting the wind, I thought of you on your trainer, enjoying a nice, controlled blue zone. One of the drawbacks to doing a Cardio Coach out on the road is not being able to get your heart rate down inbetween intervals due to being on a hill. Oh well. Coach Sean is so motivating! Thanks for the compliments on my hair. You are just too kind! I'm looking forward to my MyChelle sample pack. I really need to go wash my face right now. Must be something in the air as my eyes watered all day and the salt from my tears is stinging my skin. Sorry the shoulder is still acting up. I'm a wimp and don't do pushups on my toes because I feel them in the shoulder joint more than the chest muscles. Then again, the laziest Xer would think of any excuse not to do those tough pushups.

Patricia, okay, now I understand about your work hours. Living on site, that answers it. Your job sounds interesting. I've always enjoyed numbers and such, except when in junior college when I skipped and flunked calculus in order to play more volleyball. Hope your DS is feeling better. Always a worry when our little ones are sick.

Kim, 13 miles!! Wow! Hoping you have fantastic weather for your 1/2 marathon. I'm still a bit bummed at how badly I did during my tri relay due to the heat. We still have not warmed up here yet. What I read was that it takes a couple of weeks to get used to working out in the heat. Glad you enjoy Sean too. Awesome series, isn't it? I've got to find out if CC#8 is actually out or just a limited release. Your workplace courtyard sounds pretty nice. We have an area at work but I've never used it. I just eat my lunch at my desk as we don't get a lunch hour.

Debra, hope you are feeling better and that dinner out with CBL was enjoyable. I envy you having all those nice places to go. I remember when everyone was so excited that there was talk of a Sizzler coming into our little burg. Never happened. All we have are a few fast food places and some local restaurants. Nothing all that special at all. Did you try out the new BK DVD?

Laurie, did you get a stretch in? I am so bad and don't take the time to stretch after my workouts. I think I'll feel those glute raises from ME. I think that's the only workout I own of Cathe's that has that exercise in it. Yep, I probably should have called DH to pick me up yesterday. I need to remember to take my phone. When we were semi-broken down today in the woods, I BARELY had any cell phone service. We would have had to hoof it for several miles. It didn't look pretty for a little while. Hope your DD made it home safe and happy. What a thrill to win at a state meet!

Well ladies, I'm typing and listening/watching Michael Clayton. That George Clooney is yummy as usual. Good flick so far.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.