3X 100#:eek::D

tabata::
ropes

**comments
kept weights the same for Diva, working on form
snatch with 20# working on form
deadlifts: form felt good, went up 5# for 3 reps

=======================================

Missy::: great work yesterday with SIM!! Are you doing 4 days SIM and 2 crossfit?? still deciding how to use SIM myself! I hope you are feeling better today!!!!

Rhonda:::: glad you had fun in Florida. Yea to 9 more days of school! I have 10 more days!! can't wait!

Marcy::: great workout yesterday. I know what you mean about leaning out. I have been adding the ropes or jumprope to my workouts for the same reason. Do you miss kettlebells?

Gayle::: Wow! awesome workout!! How sore are you today???LOL!! Did you do deadlifts at the gym last night?

waves to Jane and Andilynn!!!

Have a great day everyone!

eta::: Rhonda, hate to enable you, but Newport is an awesome workout! Highly recommend it! let us know what you decide!

Hi Everyone,

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday. I was suppose to take a rest day but I did pilates for buns and thighs and the ab section from SPJ. My legs are killing me now!!

Today I have a 3 mile run on tap unless it rains and then I'll do nothing. I have to be over at my folks tonight and I only have time for a quick run in their neighborhood before I have to watch my dad. I was going to throw my kettlebell in the car in case it rained but I forgot it.

Gayle ~ I'm glad you enjoyed the Fab 40. I need to do that again soon. It's one of my favorites!!

Deanie ~ I can't believe you did the Iron Cross with 2 -20's. Congrats!

Waves hello to Missy, Rhonda, Andilynn and Marcy.

I only did SIM this morning, everything was the same as yesterday except for the # of reps. I didn't sleep at all last night - I was itcy and scratchy all over & couldn't get comfy. :( I keep telling myself "and this too shall pass" but it isn't passing quickly enough! For the workout I really focused on form and keeping every body part tense during each exercise so that I could really get some bang for my time. The SIM workout itself was only 18 minutes, but I felt like I got a lot of work in that short amount of time. I did an 8 minute warm up that was pretty intense and after a little snooze this afternoon I will do a bit of cardio, haven't decided what yet.

There is a program at the middle school today and the Honor students will receive recognition for their hard work - DD was on that list for the entire school year so I am going to embarass her in front of all of her friends and cheer her on. :p I am so proud of her; she was asked to join the AP classes and a special college prep/training course for next year. :cool: She's totally awesome. And school is out - TOMORROW! Hooray for summer!!!

Deanie, awesome on the Iron Crosses and DLs!!! How awesome, you must feel great! I started doing SIM 4 days a week because I got addicted to it - unlike I thought I would! I will take next week off and then do another few weeks, I think. I can really feel strength gains, it's unbelievable. I don't have a plan for cardio, just kind of doing what I feel like, but I will def add 1 CF wo each week because they just make you feel good. :D Are you a teacher or a student? I had just noticed that you mentioned 9 or 10 more days of school...

Jane, I hope that you are able to get your run today!

Rhonda, whereabouts in FL were you? We are going to be in the Tampa area this July. I heart the beach. I heart palm trees. I double heart places that have both.

Marcy, have you noticed in changes in strength or your body since you have taken a break from KBs? I don't fault you at all for wanting a break; a change-up is always fun!

Gayle, does Fab 40 feel as delightful as it sounds? :p

Andilynn, hope all is well with you!

I will be around later on. I hope everyone has a wonderful day and I'll chat atchya' later. :)

Missy

Hi all.

This morning I did 2 segments of Classical Stretch. That Extreme Cardio beat me down yesterday. I felt my body loosening as I did the stretch segments.

Deanie- I will be getting Newport. Way to go on the Iron Cross, Deadlifts, and Diva. Are you traveling this summer?

Jane- Hope you don't get rained on. Also sending patience vibes your way.

Missy- I was in Tampa. That is where I am from and all my family is. I definitely miss the beach and seeing water. The lakes around here just don't cut it. Way to go for DD.

Waves to Andilynn and Gayle.

Marcy- I will keep my CC bill. I feel like whats behind door #1 might be worse than door #2. What show was that on? I am dating myself.

Good Afternoon!

This morning I did Core Rhythms Swing Sensation (46:30) and
.4 miles walk/.4 miles sprint/.4 miles walk.

Deanie - Congratulations on getting the iron cross and on your impressive deadlifts! For right now, I don't miss kettlebells, but I like hearing about some of your new moves which makes me want to get back to them. I'm really enjoying what I'm doing right now. I just won Mix It Up from Slim Series for only $5.25 on ebay and I'm closer to getting all of them to do a rotation.

Farmer - I guess I'm dating myself too since I know the answer: Let's Make a Deal. I think you should also stick with Door #1! Congratulations on getting Newport! You won't be sorry!

Missy - I've lost about a pound and my bodyfat has gone down. My weight and bodyfat didn't want to go down at all while doing kettlebells. I've always loved dancing and yoga and maybe the fact that I'm happier with my workouts, my cortisol levels are down. Just a thought! I'm not happy running but I want to build up my endurance.

Congratulations on your DD's accomplishments! You should be very proud!

Jane - Did you do "Winsor" Pilates for Buns & Thighs? I've heard lots of good things about that one.

Waves to Gayle!

Marcy

Rhonda - Good job on Extreme KB Cardio! FWIW, I've never been able to do that one all the way through...it IS a beat down!

Missy - Sorry about your itchies. :( Congrats to your DD!!

Jane - Hope the weather holds out for your run. My glutes are still yelling at me from all those walking lunges! That was a great workout.

Deanie - WTG on the Iron Cross and your deadlifts!

Marcy - I think stress is a huge factor in weight loss. I don't think enough people pay attention to that. Glad to hear the scale is moving for you. :)

Waves hello to Andilynn!

Last night I revisited a Crossfit.com WOD from March and finally got to do it as rx'd for women.

For time:
21 Deadlifts 155lbs
800m run
15 Deadlifts 155lbs
800m run
9 Deadlifts 155lbs
800m run

24:00

The deadlifts felt strong until about the 16th rep, then my hamstrings started to give me a little grief about all the lunges the day before. I tried to explain to them that it was all Jane's fault, but they didn't listen. :p

Anyway, it was a good, hard workout...I liked it.

Today is a rest day.

Rhonda - Good job on Extreme KB Cardio! FWIW, I've never been able to do that one all the way through...it IS a beat down!

Missy - Sorry about your itchies. :( Congrats to your DD!!

Jane - Hope the weather holds out for your run. My glutes are still yelling at me from all those walking lunges! That was a great workout.

Deanie - WTG on the Iron Cross and your deadlifts!

Marcy - I think stress is a huge factor in weight loss. I don't think enough people pay attention to that. Glad to hear the scale is moving for you. :)

Waves hello to Andilynn!

Last night I revisited a Crossfit.com WOD from March and finally got to do it as rx'd for women.

For time:
21 Deadlifts 155lbs
800m run
15 Deadlifts 155lbs
800m run
9 Deadlifts 155lbs
800m run

24:00

The deadlifts felt strong until about the 16th rep, then my hamstrings started to give me a little grief about all the lunges the day before. I tried to explain to them that it was all Jane's fault, but they didn't listen. :p

Anyway, it was a good, hard workout...I liked it.

Today is a rest day.

Gayle- I know this is a dumb question, but what is the purpose of doing deadlifts? Thanks. Maybe one day I will be able to do it in one setting. Have a good rest day.

Marcy- Do you do your dance workout on a carpeted or hard surface?

Jane - Did you do "Winsor" Pilates for Buns & Thighs? I've heard lots of good things about that one.

Marcy

Yes it was Winsor. I haven't done that workout in a long time. I guess with the leg work I did on Saturday and running on Monday, I was really feeling in my legs. It was the most painful workout I've done in a while! :( It is a good workout though!

Gayle- I know this is a dumb question, but what is the purpose of doing deadlifts?

Good question! The deadlift is actually a great foundational exercise that works the entire lower body musculature and a lot of the upper body musculature for stabilization. I've read (I think in Rippetoe's book) that improving your deadlift will also improve other lifts. They just make you stronger overall.

Not to mention that it really is the ultimate functional fitness movement...picking up something heavy off the floor. Those 40lb bags of birdseed in Agway don't look nearly as heavy to me anymore. ;)

Gayle - Great job on the deadlifts! That's one of the few leg exercises I don't mind going heavy on.

Farmer - I do my dance workouts on carpet with dance sneakers. Although eventually I would like to take the carpet out on and put in a hardwood floor.

Marcy

Hi again!:)

Missy::: Congrats to your DD!!!! My son is also in GT classes, and honor roll and is getting an award tomorrow. They don't tell you what for, just show up!!:confused: So DH and I will be at the assembly to cheer him on. So you do SIM for 4 days 4 weeks in a row and take a break? I was thinking of doing 2 weeks SIM/ 2 weeks resolution for 2 months and then take a break for a month and then go back to it....Does that make sense:confused:!? I am a teacher, I teach 4 year olds. We have 9 days of school and then celebration day! Happy for the end of school, but boy will I miss those kids! love 'em!

Gayle::: Another great workout! You are my inspiration!! Love how heavy you go with the deadlifts!! Since I started them, I feel my posture has improved and I definitely feel it in my glutes and hamstrings. I love full body moves like that; another reason why I like kettlebells. So many moves work the whole body instead of isolating muscles.

Jane::: Enjoy spending time with your family. I hope all is well with your dad!

Farmer::: Extreme Cardio would beat me down too! hope you enjoyed your stretch. We are not traveling to much this summer, it is my DSs Bar Mitzvah this year in October so we are really budgeting our money! We plan to go to NYC, the kids have never been, for a few days and that's it. We live in MD, right outside of DC, so there are many day trips we can take to DC, and Virginia. Any trips for you?

Marcy:::You can really tell how much you are enjoying your workouts! Great job with the running. Now that allergy season is almost over, you should be okay, right? congrats on winning Mix it up!

waves to everyone else!

I was thinking of doing 2 weeks SIM/ 2 weeks resolution for 2 months and then take a break for a month and then go back to it....Does that make sense:confused:!?
Yes it does! I don't know what "resolution" means or is, but I was actually thinking in the car on the way to DD's ceremony that I wanted to do a 2 week rotation! Great minds think alike. ;) I don't want my muscles to get used to the work they've been doing. I was going to do 2 weeks BBC/2 weeks SIM/2 weeks 1 part per day/2 weeks SIM/etc., or at least that's the plan. I can tell that my body is adjusting to my routine so I want to keep on switching it up. I was only doing SIM three days a week, but I changed it after the second week to Mon/Tues and Thu/Fri because... well, I don't know, but it feels (in my body, not just my head) like a more "complete" program when I do it that way, like I am really getting the benefits of it.

Marcy, what you are saying about enjoying your workout and results makes complete sense to me. I don't know a thing about the series you are doing now, but is it more choreographed? I love to dance, but I have a harder time with dancey stuff, though I reallllllllllly want to be good. I could look good, but all of my moves look choppy and awkward :eek: In my dreams I have the grace of a ballerina.

Rhonda, where do you live now? Here in central IN we have land. Lots and lots of land. One of my best friends moved here from Tampa and they absolutely love it here; the weather is apparently pleasant (it's a pain in the @$$ I think, and it's cold most of the time) and her DH says that "beaches are just for tourists". :rolleyes: Dude, give me the tourist-rich beach over 7 months of no green on trees any day! I grew up in Lake Michigan, and I always feel dirty when I get out of a lake. Oceans are just... wonderful!!!!

Oops, hit "reply" before I was done.

Gayle, I hope that you enjoy your rest day! What you are saying about DLs makes sense to me, I was actually wondering about you doing them so often as well.

Marcy, it looks like you are upping your run distance, great job!!! :D

I think that I am done now...

Missy

Missy - Thanks! Yes, I did up my run distance by .2 miles. So kind of you to notice! The Core Rhythms that I'm doing now aren't that choreographed. They're more drills but lots of isolations for torso and hips. You can add in the arms when it feels more comfortable. Torso isolations are side to side and front to back.

My other dance workouts include Patrick Goudeau (tough choreography with lots of turns), Lisa Nunziella (great for Latin - moves at a fast pace but does lots of TIFTing so you pretty much get it by the end of the workout), ballet workouts (my first love) - Element Ballet and Melissa Lowe workouts, some ballroom workouts (by Edyta and Alec from Dancing with the Stars and Lisa Rinna), hip hop workouts (Dave's Hip Hop Battle and Jamie King's Rock Your Body (I find hip hop really tough since it is such an about-face from ballet) and the Evolution workouts (European instructors) which are really fun.

I hope I didn't bore you with my dance workouts!

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.