******KETTLEBELL HUMP DAY, June 24th*******

Morning everyone!!!

Jane, I saw the w/o you did y'day and wanted to try it. I am saving it for a week I'm not doing SIM. And congrats to your friend!!! That is great how she is progressing. :D You think someday she may be doing a WOD with you?

Marcy, I heart BM2! Especially the cardio, it's one of my all time faves.

Laura, I sure hope you're feeling better today! Nothing feels worse than an upset tummy. I hope that you were able to relax a bit y'day. You wanna year something funny? When I was in school, I hated Math, I mean HATED! But now that I am all grown up and teaching my sons I absolutely love it. There are no variables; it is what it is, the formula is constant, always the same. Trends change, fashion changes, stories change, time changes all things but Math stays the same. :) That can be a comfort.

Gayle, only Rat Lady (me) would think, along with you, how cool it is to have a bear in your backyard!!! We have had deer, horses, bunnies... but a bear? That is something. I can't wait to see what workout you did last night...

Rhonda, it wasn't Eve's fault. Seriously. If only Adam would have stood up for his woman... (okay, it wasn't entirely Eve's fault :p) I hope that you feel better. The only thing I don't like about flying is the many different germs from the many different people. How was your time with your Dad?

Deanie, don't know if you are reading this but I HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A GREAT TIME IN FL!!! Make sure to wear plenty of sunblock. :)

I am feeling so chatty today! I actually feel like this every day, but it's just now that I have time to actually sit and type.

For those who asked (I forget who it was, I'm sorry!) DFS was great by the middle of the week, but went back to how it was as soon as he was with Mom and Dad. I expected that, but it's still a bummer. It's really telling that they didn't even ask how he did while he was here, and that his dad ignored his behavior (probably because he's a chip off the old block). :mad: But you know what, I know how great he can be and will hold him to that standard when he is with me. He can be sooo giving and caring! I plan to talk to DF, but as soon as they got back they took the kids on a family vacation, and when they get back we are going on our family vacation so it won't be until three weeks from now that we'll actually be able to talk.

Today's workout I am doing with a friend, one of my bestest! I put it together last night, it is actually sorta copied off of a WOD. I just put in the exercises I wanted to do. :)

Conditioning Ladder (10-1 reps)
*burpees
*thrusters
*slam ball
*knee raises
*swings
*pulls ups
*ball toss
*jump rope (100, 90, 80, etc.)

I am getting ready to make up a music playlist. She doesn't like Britney as much as I do. ;):eek::p

I hope that everyone has a great day, and that good health finds you all. :)

*waves hi to Andilynn!!!

Missy

Good Morning!

I loved the workout I did yesterday. My sister and I braved the 100 degree temperatures and did the workout in the backyard. It was actually quite nice. Nice breeze, shady and low humidity. Now if I could do something about the bugs.

Here is my workout for today. I love the fact that this workout has the same name as my dad. I'll do it for him and let him know tonight when I see him.

"Ralphy Boy"
Four Rounds For Time
1/4 Mile Run
21 Overhead Squats
21 Box Jumps or step ups
21 KB Swings
1/4 Mile Run
15 Overhead Squats
15 Box Jumps or step ups
15 KB Swings
1/4 Mile Run
9 Overhead Squats
9 Box Jumps or step ups
9 KB Swings

Missy ~ Thanks for getting us started this morning with your chatty email! My friend has done a couple of workouts with me but they were scaled back. Both of her knees are shot so we have to concentrate on walking and upper body. I'm so glad she is using that nice pool of hers.

Marcy ~ I love the 4DS kickbox workout. Have you ever tried the 4DS Kickbox and 4DS bootcamp premix that you do back to back? I love it!!

Laura ~ I hope you're feeling better today. How cool that you love math and consider it a hobby. I was horrible at math. It was a good thing that I only needed 2 years to graduate high school. A couple years back, I bought myself a college algebra workbook and actually enjoyed doing the exercises. I think I could learn to love math now that I older. It just scared me when I was younger.

Gayle ~ What workout did you do last night? My Aunt Cindy's were a little rough last night. :confused:

Rhonda ~ I hope you feel better today. I hate Plane Plague. I hate planes in general so I try to avoid them at all costs. I like driving better.

Andilynn ~ Miss you. Hope you aren't working too hard.

Deanie ~ Hope you are having fun in sunny and hot Florida!

Hi everyone!

Missy - We live out in the country and get our fair share of critters in the yard, too. We have had moose come into our pond a few times, but haven't seen them for a few years. I'm glad to hear that your DF's sone got better for you, but ITA that it's too bad he reverted when he went home. I think you did good and his time with you will make him better. :)

Jane - Kudos to you and your sister for braving the heat. "Ralphy Boy" looks like a great workout.

Rhonda - I'm sending back some chicken soup. ;) Hope you feel better.

Laura - Rascal has some Golden buddies that he plays with at daycare. :) My best friend refers to me as "crazy dog lady". They're such great companions. I majored in Math and Computer Science in college, and loved doing calculus (twisted, I know), until I got to my senior year and took an advance course where they told us parallel lines actually meet. At that point I think I passed out. :p

Waves hello to Andilynn, Rhonda, and Deanie!

I went grocery shopping last night, so didn't get a workout in. I'm thinking about trying today's WOD from CF 603 if the weather holds out. http://www.crossfit603.com/2009/06/scare-the-joggers/

Have a good day!

Good Afternoon!

Woke up late again (that seems to be happening a lot - maybe my body's telling me I need more sleep which is supposed to be a good thing!) so I only had time to do Core Rhythms Latin Synergy. Had a good workout. It also gets me motivated since the instructors are the body I'd like to have. So far my rotation is still working - I've lost bodyfat and weight (although not as much as I would like). Will take my measurements next week.

Farmer - It was fun reuniting with Cathe again. I can always count on a good workout with her. My pecs are really feeling it today. Her chest and bicep work always kills me. I haven't done too much Cathe lately except for IMAX 3 and 4DS Kickbox. I may dig out Rhythmic Step soon.

Gayle - I hope you don't scare the joggers too much! Enjoy your workout!

There has been a bear sighting in my neighborhood but I haven't seen him yet (thank goodness!) and hopefully won't!

Missy - It's good to see DFS improved while he was with you but not good that the parents didn't ask how he was. At least he'll know what's expected of him when he visits again. Looks like a fun workout you're doing!

Jane - I hope you had a great workout in honor of your Dad! I've never done 4DS Kickbox and Boot Camp back to back. Kickbox is my favorite go to workout when I don't have a lot of time. Bootcamp's not bad but I didn't have time for all the equipment. I have to do that one again soon.

Deanie - Miss you! Hope you're having a great time and keeping cool!

Laura - Math was one of my favorite subjects. Now teaching it to my son who had ADD wasn't always my favorite thing. But occasionally a light bulb went off in his head and then it seemed like it was worth all the hard work. Hope you feel better! Love Eoin! He should make you feel a little better.

Waves hello to Andilynn!

Marcy

Hi Ladies

Hope you are all good. Yesterday was rest day and it was so lovely and warm. I did not want to go to work. I might do Cathe High Step Training today we'll see. I joined a gym about a month ago and I'm not really using it. Also seeoing your workouts doing circuits etc is pushing me that way. I joined the gym so I could have access to heavier weights for leg work and a cable machine but I'm starting to think it might not be the best thing. I've got a weighted vest, dumbells high step and one kettlebell at home so maybe I should just focus on circuits.

I've been trying to do a few trades on videofitness forum. However unfortunately I have sent someone the wrong Fitprime Strongbear. I thought they wanted the Keli Roberts one and they wanted the Tracie Long one. I've offered to replace it or send back the trade. I've no idea where to get an original Strongbear with Tracie Long from. Do anyone of you know if this original came out as a VHS and never was redone as a dvd. Oh well I'm sure we'll sort something out. Its put me off trading now.

Missy way to go on that conditioning ladder. Just out of interest what is a slam ball. Looks really intense. You must be so fit.

Jane I love 'Ralphy Boy' mega tough. I've printed it off and I'll soon have a great selection of circuits to try. I like STS Plyo legs as a form of high intensity circuit.

Gayle does your dog go to doggy day care? That must be wonderful. I'd love to work somewhere like that but there aren't many doggy daycare facilities in the uk.

Wow Marcy a bear how exciting (unless it sees you lol). The scariest thing we've got round here is the window cleaner lol.

Anyway take care and have a fantastic day.

Love
Laura
x

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.