******12 Week Challenge Feb 29th Lets Leap******

idream

Cathlete
Good morning to you all.

Quick post to start us off this 29th of FEBRUARY.

Feeling very hormonal today and headachy :-( Boo Hoo Poor old moi!

Todays workout was a bit of cardio fusion and then GS back, shoulders and bis. I'm trying to move the weight up a bit now, but I didn't go hard enough, still treading water in the weight lifting.

I'm off to bed with my bad tempered hormones and headache.

(I'm not even mentioning my terrible sugar and fat filled day of eating) ;( Blah!

TTFN
Andrea

Good morning challengers(good night Andrea)

Andrea-maybe a good nights sleep can get rid of that hormonal feeling...i know they just plan suck!

I just woke up with a full blown sore throat . I hope its just a dry throat and it will go away! I don't get it,i felt great yesterday...maybe I should have taken another rest day?

so todays workout is suppose to be gs chest and triceps and gs legs,and ive even cosidered some cardio on the TM-thats what i want to do,but will my body allow it?-will see. I just feel the need for a good sweatfest...ever feel like that?

Gayle-YAY,Mike got voted off last night,LOL! He was such a loud mouth. Who did you want to go?

Hey to the rest of the gang!

off to surf catheland for a bit,bbl

Good Morning Ladies!

Well, I seen a thread last night talking about doing LM with an 8 lbs med ball...I am very intrigued and thinking thats what my workout will be today:) Im thinking LM and GS legs...my legs will be crying after that!
I went to bed last night very early but Im still lazy! A couple cups of coffee and I should be good to go. I think the girls are stopping by with a coffee and their kids soon. Its not our normal play date time but I think a couple of them wanted to get out of the house! LOL Im kinda wishing I hadn't committed b/c there are a couple of things I need to do today b/c I have an OT shift tonight.

Andrea** You sound like you had a rough day! I hope tomorrow is better for you! Hormones are the worst! They get in the way of everything when you are a women!

Ameila** Geez...you would use anything as an excuse for a rest day! Dry throat...Ive heard it all!;) :eek: }( :) LOL Sometimes that happens. The flu will disappear but a couple of days later return. I thought thats what was going to happen to me b/c I felt awful one day and fine the next....but I continued being fine. I think it was b/c I worked out the day I felt awful.Kind of sweated it out of me!

I will BBL , I think. If not, I will return when I am at work tonight:)
Lori:)

Good morning everyone:

Amelia - which one did you do yesterday? SB or SJP? They are both fun!

I took a rest day yesterday and bartended last night so going on little sleep this morning. I will do weights tonight. I decided to make Thursday my rest day for the week since I teach 5 classes in three my body is usually ready for a rest then.

I'll be back later.
Marcia.

Hey ladies! Good morning! Happy Leap YEAR/DAY!

Amelia-I was glad to see Mikey B go! I'm really starting to like the Fans team!!!

For me, today's workout is DONE! YEAH! I did PUB plus Boot Camp (the original) ab/core work. I LOVE those abs. My arms are shaking. This is the first time in almost 2 weeks that I did PUB, so I'm sure DOMS will show up tomorrow! lol

Today is a QUIET DAY for me. Imagine that! HA! They're calling for some kind of winter storm today or tonight...not sure, since I don't even watch the news anymore! I'll just wait and see what happens!

BBL

Gayle

Lori-LOL at you..ok you caught me red handed...no more excuses;-) }( I just inhaled two cups of coffee and my throat,not so sore anymore-maybe it was just a dry throat:7 reguardless,im doing my sweatfest today:7:7 my body feels fine! I need it,wanted to do more yesterday but was scared too.ya know its funny,but after checking in to my checkins and whining about my soar throat the 'kick a$$ scorpio" in me is starting to come out,LOL. Its alost like i have challenged myself to get through my workout (ok,i seriously need some ibuphrophen to get through this challenge,lol)

Marcia-i ended up doing SJP yesterday just the step and the hi/lo and it was alot of fun,i just get frustrated when learning new steps...the karate combo had me rewinding but i finally got it down.

Gayle-I like the fans too! And stay warm!
I hope i didn't miss anybody,bbl

Good Morning,

Andrea, I hope a good night's sleep helps.

Marcia, You're a busy lady, I'm sure your body needs a rest.

Amelia, Happy to hear your throat is feeling better.

Lori, Enjoy the coffee and time with friends.

Gayle, PUB is a goodie! Yeah, Mike is gone!

Hi everyone else!

My workout was a total body strength workout. I have to practice a new round for my TK class too.

Hope everyone has a great day!

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Just a quickie good morning!

I have a lot of cleaning to get done today and groceryMax this afternoon. My scheduled WO (from the intermediate rotation) is a mish-mosh of Step Heat, Step Max and the step portion from SJP. I previewed it last night and it should be pretty good. I have no idea what I am eating today, but I need to figure that out.

Lori, I saw that discussion about LowMax with the med ball. Very intense. Good luck with that.
Amelia, glad to hear you are feeling better. Now go sweat like a mad woman! }(
Gayle, WTG on the WO. Enjoy your quiet day.
Marcia, good thing about the rest day yesterday. It sounds like you needed it.
Andrea, I hope the good night's sleep helps your hormonal mayhem.
Shirl, WTG on getting the WO done!

Hopefully I'll BBL. We shall see what the day holds. :D

Happy Leap Day!

Hello again! Happy Friday, by the way!

What are your weekend plans, everybody?
My weekend plans? Well, tonight with both kids out of the house, I’m not sure! LOL I know that I’m hitting Dick’s and the mall….I’m shopping for wind-breaking clothes for running, and a new pair of walking sneakers/shoes that I can wear to work (I get reimbursed for them). SO has his kids this weekend, so maybe I’ll spend some time with them tonight. Tomorrow, after I get the kids, we’re going to the new local AAA baseball team (Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs) for an Open House. Sunday has nothing on the calendar, so we’re open there….most likely we’ll be with SO and all the kids!

I just got back from the store, where I picked up more red peppers to make more Cajun Shrimp Stir Fry this weekend! This time, I'm going to add in onion and carrots. YUMMO!

Gayle

Good Morning Everyone,

Quick checkin then off to work I go. Tonites workout LIS and Total Body Sculpt. Legs are shaking from KM last nite. Dn't have meals fgured out for today yet. I do know brkfst. is boiled egg grapefruit and waffle. Have a good day everyone.

Morning Girls :)

It is so cold in NY. It was -21 this morning. I have no idea what the wind chill was-- even if the wind could blow at that temp :) but let's just say my retriever didn't take his time outside this morning :)

I logged 7miles at the gym. Felt good. I switched sneakers up. Just to see if it would make a difference in the tightness in my legs and sure enough it worked. I think I'll switch these two pairs back and forth till I purchase a new pair. I like to buy when they are on sale :) I also worked my abs from diff angles using machines and roman chair. LOved the burn. And did work my chest as well. Tomorrow is a a 3miler again.

It's friday finally :) Some weeks feel like they drag and others just fly right by. Course I'm sure the weather plays a role in that.

Our weekend seems to be open. I'm sure we will find something to do. I'm not sure if we will hang with DH's buddys. Do you ever get tired of people who feel the need to constantly put others down? His buddy is like that. Get's old after awhile.

Ok I need to run to the bank. Then it's home for a big a$$ salad :)

Hey to everybody

Just popping in right quick to report my workout!

Did GS chest and triceps and GS legs standing segment! I feel great,hope it last for the rest of the day! I did try to do imax2 but my legs were like noodles,they were out of stregnth

Tommorrow is my rest day,no plans this weekend-just sit around in my pjs ;-) That sounds good to me:D

Hi Everybody!

Just wanted to report my workout. I have a couple of tihngs to do before DS wakes.
I tried LM using a 8 lbs weight during the blast and it was pretty good. Not as crazy as I thought, but still a good workout. Then I did GS legs...I forgot how tiring the floor work is! LOL I like floor work better then standing work. Prehaps just b/c I am lying there I don't think I am actually working! Yeah, right! LOL

BBL!
Lori:)

Hey girls,I wanted to share this recipe-Rachel ray had it on her show yesterday and it looked really good and clean too~!

http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/winter-greens-pasta/

Of course i wouldn't use the breadcrumbs for a topping but I watched her make it and the anchovy fillets completely disappear when cooked in olive oil...thought that was neat!

ok,gotta go clean and get ready for my hubby to get home!

Everybody have a great night

Amelia, that looks delish!!! Too bad I just went shopping and have my meals planned for the week.:( I saved it to faves and will use it next week.

My WO was that mish mosh from the int. rotation (March'07) and I couldn't finish it. ;( My cardio fitness just isn't quite there yet. When she did the HR check after Step Heat my HR was sky high. Like 5 beats higher than the 85% range in the 10 second check. I think I need to invest in a HRM to see exactly how I am doing. Maybe I am maxing out my HR and that is causing my endurance to be zero?

Off to make dinner...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.