*******12 week challengers Feb 26th 2008 *********

idream

Cathlete
HI everyone!

I havn't posted the last couple of days. Yesturdays workout was really great Bootcamp followed by Imax 2 first 5 intervals! I was happy with that.

However, today, ............ well today I had a severe case of the I can't be "botherds" So I did nothing! Literally nothing. And I ate like a (well I just ate all day). I think its hormonal, well i know it is! I usually don't get "down" as badly as I did today. So, hopefully I'll pull myself up and get back on track tommorrow.

I've just re-read what I've written and I am just being a drama queen!

Gayle, I know you love survivor, we've been introduced to a new show, "Samantha Who". I love it! Its a feel good show, just like "Ugly Betty" Love then both. Do you guys?

TTFN
Andrea

Good morning,

Don't have the SleepMax going on - am tired but the work woes are running through my pea brain for some reason.

Didn't get my run in last night, but had fun with 4DS KB/Legs.

And had a great turkey meatloaf dinner. I have to admit I had some mashed potatoes too - can't have meatloaf without potatoes. Will need extra TM miles today for that little bit of yum:9

The meatloaf came out great - I did add a bit of chipotle pepper sauce both to the meatloaf and some ontop and even DH mentioned "this isn't bad for turkey":p He is definitely a beef kinda guy.

My rotation is over and I am thinking of doing a combo with freestyle legs this month as I wait for STS with baited breath. Then adding more running will fit right in. Guess I have a little homework to do real soon.

Hope y'all have a good day until I get the chance to return. Will be at another location most of my work day so won't be checking in. Then have some "homework" for a meeting - I turn into the "Event Coordinator" once a year and the time has come.

TTFN

Good Morning Ladies!:)

I think yesterday was the first I haven't checked in! Shame on me! I slept till 11, went to a friends house for coffee (after I picked DS up) then came home, made lunch, then worked out and while i was working out my sister called.
I don't think I told you guys this but my sister as had invetro fertilization done 3 x's now. The first time was 2 summers ago and she was devasted when it didn't work. Then she did it again last summer (spending 10 g's each time) and everything went perfect but it still didn't work. But atleast this time she had frozen eggs left. And everytime she did it,it was very time consuming. Numerous Dr's apts',numerous medications....yada yada...About 2 weeks ago she had the frozen eggs implanted,less money,less time,less chance it would work, no meds...the body just in its natural state as if you were getting preggo on your own. Well as of sat she still hadn't started her period..and everyday we got more excited...anyway she called yesterday to tell me the great news! We can't beleive that she is actually pregnant! So forgive me if I didn't check in yesterday! I was to excited to sit in one spot! LOL

Yesterdays workout was BM2 and 4DSUB. It was an awesome workout but now that I am getting use to the UB work Im not getting much DOMS (as of now anyway) my chest is a little sore, but thats it. I get sooo much more DOMS from the GS series.

Today I am planning on a long run but that can change. Depending on DS's nap time. He is up early today so I have a feeling he will take his nap before lunch.

Andrea** just put the bad eating behind you and move forward!Get a good workout in today and you will feel much better!

Jacque** I had a smidge of mashed potatoes yesterday as well:) Not much though, maybe a tbsp full...lol I filled up on the peas and pork instead. Now you have me thinking about what to have for dinner tonight! LOL

O.k ladies...must do my other check ins! I will be around for a bit...I think I need to change a poopy pamper! Just as I sit down and get comfortable I have to get up again! Wahhhh!

Lori:)

Good morning ladies - I'm up and at em' so I can get going and teach my early morning step interval class at 5:45AM. Sometimes I wonder what in the world I'm doing. :7 Sleep sure felt good, I could've stayed there for a while. BUT, I must keep going and burn those calories.

Tonight after work I'll get in some MUCH NEEDED weight work.

The weather has been above 32 the past couple days and snow is slowly melting, but those are some signs of spring that I just have to have. I'm so excited to get outside and run and walk and enjoy the smells of spring.

Eating is on track - Check
Exercise on track - Check
Marcia on track - Priceless :7 :*

Have a great day everyone!
Marcia.

Good Mornng girls

Todays workout is lowmax on a 4 inch step! as much as possible!

Marcia-Good going with staying on track,i KNOW its hard-i found myself peeking into the fridge last night,but came back to earth and grabbed a water and headed to bedroom.

Lori-Good Moring superwomen....have a great workout!

Andrea-UGGGGHHH, I hate those hormonal days,there the worst! I hope tommorrow is better for you!

Jacque-Glad to hear you loved the meatloaf,guess ive got to try it as well(gayles recipe) I admit that when i ate the eat for life recipe i was guilty for eating those breadcrumbs and ketchup x(-My DH is the same way,hes not a ground turkey guy either,but if I don't cook anything else-he has no choice(and we both know he won't go make his own dinner,LOL)

ok,bbl

Hi!

Marcia, I love your priceless comment! Great job! Boy, that's committment to teach a class that early. ^5

Lori, Poopy diaper, no fun!

Andrea, Being hormonal is a drag, but exercise should help that. We're behind you 100%. I like Samantha Who too.

Jacque, I decided to try the Turkeyloaf tonight instead of yesterday. I love mashed potatoes, worth the extra run on the TM.

Amelia, Good job with lowmax.

My w/o was ASCII. Time to read the rest of yesterday's posts.

Have a great day!

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

GOOD MORNING!

Andrea-I haven't heard about that show. I'll have to check it out!

Lori-CONGRATS, dear AUNT Lori! I'm praying the pregnancy goes smoothly for your sis! CONGRATS to her and her DH!!

OK...I was up extra early today; 4:20am! Today is Free Day for me (I switched things up a bit), but I've got some really awesome things on the menu today that are still clean. For breakfast I'm going to have a yogurt and banana, and dinner is going to be Cajun Shrimp Stir Fry.

This morning's workout was:
BFL UB (and some of those super sets just KILLED ME!)
iTread 8, 60 minutes....logged almost 6.5 miles!

While I was on the TM, my eye caught the ticker tape at the bottom of the TV screen, with a 2 hour delay for the schools! HA! All it did last night was rain, so maybe the roads are icy since it WAS below 30! ANYWAY.......

Have an AWESOME DAY, LADIES! BBL!

Gayle

Good Morning Everyone,

Jaque- I made it up this a.m. to exercise.

I did basic step once and will do the second time tonite only add riser. Well i'll be back later to report more need to get ready for work.

Hey girls

Just wanted to pop in a report my workout! Lowmax premix#1...I had THE MOST FUN!:7 Got a good sweat going on too!

Gayle-do you mind sharing that cajun shrimp stirfy:D great workout today! Have fun free day!

Shirl-Great job with ASCII-can you believe that i have that one and have yet to do it x(,LOL. Im working my way through my janurary order(ordered the high step 3pk deal,among other cathe workouts)

Roxie-Have fun with basic step,thats a fun one! I remember the first time I did that one, Cathe really steps it up notch from what i was use too(jane fonda,LOL)

ok,bbl

Hi

back for a minute brkfst cereal,toast and grapfruit
A.M. snack yogurt an banana
Lunch salad with chicken
P.M. snack cheese an apple
Supper rotisserie chicken veggie and don't know

Off to work

Amelia,

I haven't done ASCII in a while and had to rewind a few times. Her choreography is quite challenging, but fun once you get it. It sounds like you're a true vidiot; so many workouts; so little
time! :)

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Morning Girls--hmm by the time I post this it could very well be afternoon :)

It's a snowy day here in NY. We are suppose to get hit with lots of that nasty white stuff. Will it ever end? x(

Today's workout was circuits. 20minutes on bike/treadmill/trainer=60mins cardio. I inserted squats in between. I don't think I'll list the time/inclines/levels. I logged it in my book where it needs to be for me :) Let's just say it was a nice and sweaty workout. I also did triceps to both ME/PUB. Love the burn }(

I am kinda laying low. I could do some housework and laundry. But decided to set aside some time to knock off a few more pages of a book Im reading.Or perhaps I can catch the last episode of Lost on my DVR. It's a perfect day to stay inside :)

Hope everyone has a good day.

Lori: Fantastic news on the sister :) She must be so excited :)

Super quickie check in.....I did PH this am for my WO. School is closed due to the massive amounts of snow, and it's still coming. There may be some shovelmax in my future.

I made protein pancakes for breakfast. Quite tasty! I drizzled a little honey on them.:9 Had some triscuits and co-jack cheese for snack. Haven't decided on snack #2 or lunch yet but dinner will be Roasted Red Pepper Penne Pasta.

Lori, congrats to your sister!!! That's awesome news. My sister went through IVF as well, it is a tough ordeal, but worth it in the end.

Have a great day all!!!

Andrea - Great workout! Keep focusing on the positive and get right back on that horse. Ha! For you that can be taken figuratively and literally, right.;-)

Jacque - You're making me hungry for meatloaf and mashed potatoes. :) Sounds yummy. I was thinking of adding salsa when I read this recipe but chipotle pepper sauce sounds even better.

Lori - What exciting news about your sister! I hope everything works out for her.

Marcia - Kudos to you for getting up early to teach a step interval class and staying on track.

Amelia - How much did you get thru with Lowmax?

Becca - What time is dinner? ;-)

Hi to everyone else.

Got an extra cardio workout in last night with 10-10-10. This morning was a cadio mish-mosh of Kelly's Step Kickbox, Lowmax Interval 7 and Step Blast Challenge. Also did All Step abs. Eating has been pretty good. I had 4 Chips Ahoy last night and then stopped. This is a moral victory for me because eating sweets normally triggers a binge.

Sue

Hi Girls!

I don't have time for personnals right now but I just wanted to report my workout before I hit the shower.
I did a 10 mile run + abs. It was an o.k run, but my legs were so tight and I had to stop numreous times to stretch them!
I will be back later!
Lori:)

Hi everyone. Did PUB up premix today. Didn't go heavy enough since I don't even have the beginnings of DOMS yet :-( On the bonus side, I used my "usual" weights, so I must be getting stronger :) I wanted to do cardio too, but stayed in bed too long. It'll just have to be a killer cardio WO tomorrow, I guess. I had LowMax on the list...may do KPC or 4DSKB instead. Would skip the legs part of 4DSKB though - I want to do B&G on Thursday.

Lori, congrats to your sister - hope everything goes well for her!

Andrea, been there, done that w/ the hormonal eating.

Marcia, I liked the "on track" statement too! :)

On the meatloaf - I started by mixing x-lean ground beef & turkey, then migrating to 100% turkey. My DH will eat what I fix too - he CAN cook, just DOESN'T. Kids will eat the turkey meatloaf - it's amazing what ketchup will do for kids :)

Hi to everyone else - don't mean to leave anyone out, I'm just out of time to post. Hope you all are having a great day!

Hi all - I had step interval class this morning and we kicked butt! }( I just finished a 2 mile run on the TM (just getting back in the running groove ;-) ) and Ab Jam standing only.

Shirl - I checked out Turbo Kick and it looks great!! Do you have to be group certified first? Or can I just get Turbo Kick certified by going to the training??

Thanks, Marcia.

Marcia,
I can't remember. I'm certified, but they didn't ask for any documentation now that I think about it. TK is a blast! I'll check into further for you. Have a great night!

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.