********Watercoolers*********Terrific Tuesday, June 3

FiddleFit

Cathlete
Good morning!

Well, I'm off to do UB+ and Abs/core+. Starting Week 5 of the Plus rotation. I caught up with everyone last night, so go back and read if you're inclined.

Have a great day!
Sandra

Good Morning Watercoolers!

Today is Bootcamp for me today. I'm also doing the bonus burn that she wrote with the rotation (Jan '08) }( Things here are (thankfully) pretty quiet. I talked to my mom yesterday about her trip, and they had a great time (they went to visit my sister in Albania and they also went to Rome). My other sister is doing well and trying to figure out which college classes to take this fall. DS is very excited b/c his sparring gear is finally in and he can go to sparring class today at karate :) Other than that, just business as usual.

Jeanette -- Eating is my downfall, too. I had a great day yesterday, though, and I intend to have a great day today, too.

Laurie -- What a cool shirt for your DD and LOL about her being an alternate. It some states (like PA), different girls run the heats than the finals (so the girls who run the finals are fresh), and if she contributed to the team through the season, she's definitely a state champ, too!

Debra -- I hope that you and the Diva enjoyed your pedicures and that your XDH doesn't bother you too much this week.

Wendy -- I like the YouTube clip, too :D I wasn't having second thoughts, but feeling like STS was NEVER coming, so this was nice to respark my interest :) ^5 on the BM2, what a fun disc! If you like leg presses, go with HST. Its nickname is Leg Press Max. Otherwise, go with HSC. It depends on how much you want to work on those glutes... Way to go on massage school! My SIL was going to go, but she ran out of money :( As for Biblioplan, I got excited when they (just) revised it to include MOH. I also had my own spines this year, but we moved SO slowly (we've been doing ancients since April of LAST year and won't be done 'til August), that I need a schedule to keep me on track. I also like having the reading lists done for me with having 3 kiddos that need readers. Winging it is fun, too, but I'm a bit too type A for that, lol. My sister is doing much better, but she can't get any of her test results :( They ran STD cultures on her, but the lab wouldn't give her results over the phone and she couldn't get ahold of the doc. LOL about Pat on SNL, yes a funny skit.

Kim -- It sounds like you'll be playing chauffeur for awhile ;-)

Sandra -- Before you die? lol! We lucked into a piano by inheriting one from my grandfather after he passed away (at the ripe old age of 95!). It still needs to be tuned, though. It's a shame, b/c I started playing at the age of 2 (yes, you read that right), so I really feel like I should teach my DC...

Sandra -- Your P90X+ rotation sounds fun! Are you seeing better/different results than with P90X, or is it just nice to have new workouts to do?

Patricia -- LOL about homeschool code. It's not nearly as bad as when I was working as an electrical engineer (before kids) at Lockheed and they really DO speak in all acronyms. It's a months-long learning curve there.

Carol

Good morning,
No workout for me this morning. I have a bike ride planned for this afternoon with the ladies. However, as I look out the window right now, the leaves are moving on the trees. Many times when there is slight wind in the morning, means it will be really blowing by afternoon. Oh well, we'll see. I just bring my stuff, plan to ride and go from there. Our weather changes so quickly so you just never know.

Carol, great job on the eating yesterday. I have a friend that used to work for Lockheed many years ago. Now he teaches electronics to inmates at the prison who will probably not ever be released. Not as cool, but he makes great money as a teacher.

Sandra, thanks for starting the thread today. Thought of you this morning as I was watching a golf fitness show. They were doing hanging ab work.

Gotta run,

Jeanette

RE: ********Watercoolers*********Terrific Tuesday, June...

Morning Coolers,

Today I have not worked out yet. I came in early so that I can attend oldest DD's track banquet. So yesterday I find out that I have to make a main course for this thing. What to do! What to do! I'm standing in the grocery store (because I have time to kill waiting for my mini van to be done at 5pm), and nothing is there to inspire me. I ended up buying frozen meatballs, and making some brown gravy. Instant main dish, as far as I was concerned. :7 :7 :7 Of course I had to taste last night, and it was quite tasty. :9 Will try to get in an interval run on the TM when I get home, or when my stomach will let me.

My mini van was sparkling clean when I picked it up yesterday. Has bright crome pieces on it! :7 Now I guess I should clean the crud off the wheels, so it looks even better. :7 :7

Sandra, It sounds like you are enjoying your new venture at the Y. I'm guessing that you are almost finished, since you will be teaching your own class soon? Yes the faire season is upon us already! I really didn't want to go on Sunday, my mind just wasn't into it. But when we got there it turned out to be ok. Guess I just needed to see the summer family once again. :D I will be joining you on that rotation next week Monday! DH said he was going to be home early tonight, so I'm really getting him to install that pull-up bar for me. :D Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to report an accomplishment on that.

Carol, Bootcamp and the bonus burn, WTG. DD said the same thing as you did about working just as hard for that metal. :D I'm thinking that one of her coaches told her not to feel guilty about getting the metal too. Now I have to get her a lettermans jacket, because in both Xcountry and track she was on varsity. And of course all those metals need to hang someplace. :D :D She keeps mentioning it, and pointed out the store that sells them in town. :D

Jeanette, Hope you get your ride in this afternoon, but then again if it is windy remember you cell phone. We went from the 80's to the 50's overnight. x( When I took Cami out for her walk this morning, the wind was blowing full force. DH does where tights, but of course he wears the puffy pants to. In the time of the Renaissance the calf and thigh muscles of the male where what was sexy (they liked the athletic leg). :D If DH had been around during that time, his legs probably wouldn't be concidered athletic. ;-) I was planning on getting DH a Starbucks gift card, since he loves to walk there from work. :D Otherwise it is so hard to think of something for him. :D

Debra, I'm very proud of you for getting that workout in. ;-) Oh fish tacos sound wonderful, just wish I could convince my family that they are tasty. :7 Fish and my family don't usually go hand in hand. :7 The "creep" seems to feel that he needs a special invitation to join us. DH told him that even though he isn't part of the management staff anymore, he is more than welcome to participate. No one is able to figure out what the guys problem is. He is just a bumm, really! His marriage recently ended, he lost his job just after they got married. He never tried to get another job, and his wife got fed up. I don't know what he did all day long at home (just worked on his computer), but he never cleaned the house or went grocery shopping. Just a bumm! :D DH would have had a great time with the butt comparision. :D

Kim, Glad your DD's recital went so well. I to am glad that the activites are ending for the summer. :D I know that DD has a meeting tomorrow for X Country, so I'm guessing they will be getting their summer running schedule. That I can handle, unless she wants me to take her to the park for a run. :D Hmmmm they do have a beach at that park! :D The lurker used to be on the management staff, and there where so many issues with him. He was a rules are rules, and you shouldn't let anyone vary from them. His i-con was a German general from WWII. That didn't sit well with a lot of people. Guess I can understand. ;-) DH fired him from the job at the end of last season.

Patricia, I will still call you that. ;-) My family and I are part of the Guilde of St. George, and we participate in the Bristol Renaissance Faire for 9 weekends during the summer. My DH is in charge of the Guilde which has over 100 members. I am the Ladies Captain, so I am in charge of scheduling the ladies for their duties for the day. For our wedding cake, our topper was a prince and princess on the drawbridge of a castle. The whole thing was made out of blown glass, and the vendor was at the faire. So it has become a very important part of our lives. I really like the people, but it can really get the gossip rolling with all the personalities involved. :D Here is a link to the recipe that I used, it was really really good. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Omas-Rhubarb-Cake/Detail.aspx I used to eat it raw too. Still do in fact. :D

Wendy, WTG on the LIC workout. I'm going to guess that you are asking about the cardio portions of the BBC workouts. I would say that the one with Joey, the Shoulders & Back workout I would rate as the easiest, then the Chest & Abs. Barry's is the killer one. x( Hopefully I will talk to my Mom tomorrow, when I'm actually home, :7 and see about the crust recipe for you. Congratulations on registering for massage school. You will do a great job at it.

Hope I got everyone,

Laurie

Wow! You guys got chatty last night! Sounds like everyone is doing great and busy as usual. Let's see...The Diva and I had fun with the pedis yesterday...It was her first one and after it she was asking when we could go again! She got orange sparkles for her polish. Dinner was wonderful last night...flank steak pinwheels with fresh asparagus on the side. Relatively healthy, I guess. And my weight was down 3 pounds this morning...WTH?? Maybe I should measure again....lol.

I was going to do some yardwork today, but it looks like rain, so I guess not. Bummer...NOT! But that means I must do some chores around the house. The Diva has a hair appointment this afternoon and I have one tomorrow...we both need it bad. I will definitely spend some time with Eoin today as I have missed him over the past week. Have I mentioned lately how excited I am to touch him live and in person??? It's allll goooood!

I will be back in a few minutes for personals...Have a great morning all!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Wendy going to massage school? I must go back and reread your post from yesterday! How exciting!!!! I've got to leave for work now ;(

Jeanette

Jeanette, I posted before you posted last night. It was probably posted after you started your last post. Clear as mud?:+

Sandra: That sounds like a lot of work. So, you're learning step routines, practicing step, and helping teach step. You're doing all of this on top of a P90X+ rotation, editing your thesis, watching other people's kids, going to the circus, biking, and collecting provisions to make smores!!!! You Go Girl!!! How's your muscles feel after a day like that? Do you have to find time to stretch out those glutes?!?! :) Do you have a new appreciation for Cathe's step now? Didn't Cathe minor in dance?

Carol: You are a woman on a mission!!! What spurred this jump back into clean eating and fitness? Was it all the wine?}( Yes, I know you are more active and a better clean eater than I even when you're are not trying!!!! Let me know when you want to hook up for a yoga class. This Sunday might work. On Saturday, I'm dragging the boys to meet Jenn and her dd at the yoga studio where I get massaged in Skippack. They're having an open house day with free massages, food, music and yoga discussions. One of the door prizes is a free couples night where two massage therapists come to your home and massage the couple while a professional cook makes dinner with wine.:9 Only problem if I win, where to put the kids? Hmmm, maybe in the kitchen to get their Home Ec for the day!:+ Thanks for reminding me of HST = leg presses. HSC sounds much better!!! What a cool trip for your parents!!! See, that's why I'm requiring all my children to pick a different continent on which to live.:7 I used to be very Type A with scheduling. For me, it was more stressful. That's one nice feature of homeschooling-- how we can tailor our schedules to fit our personalities. I'm lost. What does an STD have to do with your sister's problems?

Jeanette: What a coincidence. I have a bike ride scheduled for today too. However, mine is scheduled indoors. :+ I did think about you on Sunday. The weather was perfect for an outdoor ride. But, I had too many things planned.:-(

Laurie: LOL on having to think on your toes in the grocery store. Never works out quite so good for me! Do you have any ginger tea? It's supposed to be good for stomach cramps. I didn't realize that your dd participated in the heats. (What are heats?) Anyhow, she so deserves credit for her team making state champions!!!! You don't think the Shoulders and Back of BBC would be too much for my rotator cuff? I'll have to preview it. Thank you for your vote of confidence. School and massage sounds like it would fit into my current lifestyle. Phil just laughs that I (the spoiled one) am going to massage other people. :7

Debra: I can see it now. You'll be measuring yourself before you eat, after you use the bathroom, before you snack, after you snack, before you workout.... Kinda sounds like what I did after my first power heated yoga sweat. LOL Do you have to style your dd's hair? Or does she style her own? What does that involve? My twins' hair is wavy and thin. So, I have to blow dry it straight or else it looks stringy. It never turns out perfectly straight though. I just bought a Chi from Amazon after reading about it on OD. I'm hoping that it makes blow drying obsolete!!! So, are your toenails shimmering in orange as well?

Okay ladies. Chat more later...

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Wendy, I thought that you wanted to work the cardio. So I would have to say none of the BBC workouts except for the Legs & Butt would be a good fit for your shoulder. All of the other workouts have push-ups or shoulder work of some sort in them. Sorry!

Laurie

Afternoon Ladies:

Been extremly busy at work so will catch up later tonight after BB. Its a 6pm start and expect I'll go out for beer afterwards. Will consider this my rest day (but hopefully I'll be run off my feet going around the bases).

Wendy - feel free to use me as a guinea pig while in T.O.!

Have a good day.

:p

Back for a few personals...

Kim...
My goodness! You see all kinds at your work, don't you!!!! Gotta wonder about some people! That's a lot of driving with DS for football...At least piano is done for a while, though. The kids are in school until the end of June?? Yuck! I am glad my DD is out now...we have been sleeping late every day and lounging around. It has been wonderful.

Sandra...
So good to see you have time for a long chat last night. We've missed you! XDH's company seems to have survived the tax evasion issues...at least for now. I am just hoping we get all of our stuff taken care of while he is here. No...the headache is still around...I think I have just gotten used to it, so I don't complain as much anymore. I will call the doctor back next week (when I have some time to breathe) and see if he has any other bight ideas. I can't wait for Eoin to 'instruct' me...LOL! So glad you are enjoying your new step teaching time. Sounds like you are doing well...even if there are a couple of trip ups here and there. Pretty soon you too can be a dvd guru like Cathe!

Patricia...
I usually wear shelf bra type tanks to workout in....so I am no help for cute workout tops that don't slip up....I am going to buy a few new ones before heading to Toronto. You will get used to Eoin's flow soon and it won't seem so fast to you. BB again tonight?? I bet you guys cream the other team this time! What does one wear to a NASCAR event?? I would have no idea! LOL about your DH's beautiful feet...Does he know that you just told us all about his toes??

Wendy...
I like HST better....but keep in mind...I am the laziest Xer! I like the step part of that one, though. No, the Diva and I have different colored toes...CBL said I should get a power red so that I would be strong to face XDH this week! I am sure Eoin is going to love us...With our bootays, how could he not?? Will Patty the massage therapist be available for early morning massages while on vacation??? Would love to try her out! I am so excited for you and massage school. I know you are going to learn tons and be an expert soon. I just wish poor Phil got some of that attention...LOL! I was wondering if my increase in chest inches means that my girls got a little bigger...or if it is my back that is broader?? I actually think my girls are a bit bigger than they were...How can that be possible, though?? Maybe because they are getting so much more attention with CBL around? I can't think of any other reason...but I guess I'll take it!

Jeanette....
Sorry Father Tony is still out of the swing of things! Poor guy. My friend in Charleston just had one of the players with the LPGA stay with her last week. Their country club has a big event each year, and I guess some of the unknown players bunk down with some of the locals. Anyhoo, my friend said that she was really nice...She ended placing 25th, I think...and got $21,000. Not bad for a weekend, I guess! I actually did not have any fish taco leftovers (except for the slaw which has a homemade honey lime dressing...it was good...I just made too much) but I had lots of flank steak left over...but CBL took it to work with him for lunch...You'll have to go by the pawn shop to ask for a taste. Julia loves the beach...We have been going every year for a few years now. I am sure she and I will get down to our local beach some this summer...The local beaches are only about 3 and a half hours away...an easy weekend trip. I know what you mean about the scale making a difference in your mood..I hate that it does it to me, but I need to weigh to keep myself on track. I have let myself gain a few pounds...and at first it drove me nuts...but I am probably closer to a weight I can easily maintain...with eating pretty much what I want and working out pretty much how I want. I have added some light cardio an extra day or 2 a week and that has helped. I have GOT to find a rotation I like...and stick to it!

Okay...that catches me up from yesterday...I will be back in a while to get caught up with today...My head is killing me and I need a little break...

Kisses to all!
Debra

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Surprise! I have a few mins and stopped to catch up on today's posts :)

Jeanette -- I hope the weather holds off for your ride today! It's gorgeous here :)

Laurie -- Ooh, interval treadmill runs are hard. Have fun with that tonight. It sounds like you made your own great concoction for the banquet :9

Debra -- Wait a minute... You're going to see Eoin live? When? How did I miss that?

Wendy -- The motivation came from my reflection in the morrir, lol. I'm just annoyed with how my body looks right now and I know it's b/c I've been slacking (especially in the eating dept). Back on the horse for me! I hope you win on Saturday, what an awesome prize :D LOL about your kids on different continents. Sounds like a plan! As for my sister, PID is usually caused by an STD (both gonnorhea and chlamydia are bacterial STDs that she was tested for), and she doesn't make the, um, best lifestyle choices. PID is not necessarily caused by an STD, though, but she already has HPV (of which there are many strains of and are viral and not a cause of PID) so who knows what else she has. She is, of course, in denial about it all, but without test results, no one really knows. She did inform her "boyfriend" (?, not sure, maybe "friend with benefits") about her condition and advised him on getting tested, too.

Hi to everyone else! I hope you all have a great day!

Carol

Back to let you all know I am still putting XDH's credit card to good use...Got some cute new yoga outfits from Prana for my time with Eoin! As well as a new yoga mat...Thanks for the enabling Patricia! Anyhoo...just thought you guys would like to know....Patricia...I will let you know if I like any of the tops I ordered.

Carol...
Yes...Eoin...Live and in person!! Wendy, Patricia, and I are meeting up in Toronto in a few weeks to see Eoin together....Do you think he will be able to handle us all at the same time?? Sorry about your sister's issues....that must be difficult for everyone.

Okay...really going to lay down and rest my head for a few minutes now...back later to catch up with everyone else...

Debra

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Hello Ladies,

Taking a break from an all day torture fest. Still have a couple more history lessons with eldest, a science project, and spelling on my to-do list. Not to mention, I'm meeting a lady at a local public location. She's buying my Fluidity Bar. Yeah!!! :) :) :) I hope I don't regret it later. Doubt it though.

Debra: Here's some more Forehead :* :* :* :* coming your way!!! Poor thing! I'd give you a massage if I knew what I was doing. But, I'd only make you feel worse!!!:7 Don't you worry your pretty little head about Poor Phil. He could care less about back rubs, foot rubs, etc. About the only thing he wants massaged is...:eek: well, you know. How else do you think I get my back and glutes massaged!}( }( }( Yes, TMI!!! Oooo Oooo! Spill!!! Which Prana tops did you get? I was thinking of getting a couple of the newer Prana sports tops with the built in inches.:7 I mean pads.:7 I mean cushioned coverage.:7 Enable me please!!! I will ask Patty about massages if she goes to the shore the same weekend as us. Hey, did you want to see about going to Cathe's gym for a Friday morning step class? I'm sure MIL won't mind watching the girls. There should be other roadtrippers there as it's the Friday of the August roadtrip. Their roadtrip doesn't officially begin until that evening. But, alot of woman try to arrive early to take her morning step class. Oh, I didn't catch that was where you were putting on the inches. No such luck here. I'm still the same ole size there. My extra inches happened to land further south in the thighs.:(

Carol: Oh Stop! You surely can't be that out of shape! People just don't morph into jello over the winter. Wait, never mind. ;) Well, the good news is that it doesn't take long to see the results of clean eating and regular exercise. I know of a place in Thailand where you can stay if you want to lose weight real fast!!!}( ;) Wow, I feel so bad for your sister. Hope she gets her results back soon. When I had some issues, I went to the local family planning clinic. They tested me for all sorts of STDs thinking that was the cause for my symptoms. Here is was my cervix getting stretched from pregnancies. Not a biggie. Surely nothing that required fixing. Glad I went since they discovered that I had precancerous cells from all that testing. And, you know what? My unrelated symptoms went away after they froze my cervix!!! Oooo! Yes, I'm gonna see EOIN!!! :) :) :) After I injured my shoulder, I started doing the shoulder premix in PY4H2. It really helped me regain mobility along with massage. I thought about emailing Eoin and thanking him when I saw that he was going to be in Toronto for a weekend seminar. So, I hinted to dh BIG TIME that it would be the PERFECT Mother's Day/Birthday present for me!!! Then I talked Debra into going. And, since Patricia lives near Toronto, she jumped along for the fun!!! I tried talking Jenn into going and driving up there with me. But, she didn't want to go that far. I'm flying up there from Newark.

Laurie: How would I use BBC weight dvds as cardio? Is it a circuit or just light weights, fast paced reps? I'll have to preview those dvds again.

Patricia: Oh, no massages from me till I know what I'm doing!!! Knowing me, I'll break a bone thinking it's a knot.:eek:

Okay ladies, back to the grindstone.

:*
Wendy

Back for another quick hello...I did most of Eoin's PY4H...about an hour and 15 minutes...Have I mentioned lately that I can't wait to feel his warm loving hands on the back of my ribs as I am breathing with the rhythm of the ocean waves?!?!

today's personals....

Sandra...
Still on the Plus rotation?? How is that going now? I thought you were getting tired of it last week...or maybe I am mistaken...I have been in a bit of a fog lately! Did you teach any classes today?

Carol...
God bless your little heart with Bootcamp plus Cathe's bonus today!! I think I would probably pass out! Yes, my Diva loved the pedi...and I am less stressed about this visit of XDH than any other we have had so far. So keep your fingers crossed for me! I am sure DS will have a great time at karate...What great exercise it is for him too. Good luck on the eating...it is always my down fall.

Jeanette....
Hope it isn't too windy for your ride tonight. What are your temps right now?? We are going to be in the 90's by the end of the week. DD and I are planning on going to the pool with CBL on Thursday....after my consultation with a dermatologist about lasering out my incredibly large varicose vein! I got some yoga shorts for my Toronto trip today...and I would love to have perfect legs for the trip...so then maybe no one will notice my sagging tummy!

Laurie...
Hope you have a great time at the banquet tonight. Meatballs sound like a yummy entree to me! Glad your mini van is back and looking better than ever. I can't believe your family doesn't like fish...My DD will eat some fish...although I usually have chicken on hand when we are seafood. Even your DH doesn't like fish?? I have some great recipes that kind of hide the taste of the fish...maybe you could try something like that to work them into it gradually. Sounds like the creepy faire guy is a real loser! Funny that he needs a formal invitation to join back in...obviously some self esteem issues. Maybe next time the DH's can join up for a meeting and we can all compare butts...and I guess feet too, since Patricia has some sort of fetish...LOL!

Wendy...
I actually try to avoid measuring myself most of the time. It makes me crazy when I do it too often. I had actually been a few moths since I officially measured but I thought it was time. My thighs were down...amazingly enough...just up and inch on chest and hips...I guess that means my butt is getting bigger too...Maybe because of all the extra hip work with CBL....LOL! DD does her own hair...unless we have something special to go to and then I help. Julia's hair is just so super straight, there aren't a lot of cuts that work for her...but she looks very cute and sassy after the cut today....The stylist did a really good job. I am getting mine done tomorrow. I will obviously be willing to pay for Pat's massage time at the beach if she is willing to take some time out...Or I will take her out for a few cocktails whatever she prefers! I LOVE the shoulder stuff that Eoin does in PY4H2! My shoulders always feel great after that one. I was thinking about your question regarding HST and HSC...the challenge one has a lot more push ups and with your shoulder injury, that may not be the one for you right now. Just another thought.

Okay...my lady friends....signing off for now..DD and I are watching National Treasure 2...so for it's really good. See you guys in the morning...

Happy night to all!
Debra

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Good evening Cool, Cool, Cooooooolers!

Wendy....I remembered today that you asked me about my new shoes. Here's the link:

http://www.underarmour.ca/shop/wome...04-Women-s-UA-Proto-Speed-Trainer/1096004-063

I'm loving them so far. They look real puuurdy on my feet, too. The LLL top you linked to yesterday is really pretty. Is it reversible? That is so COOL that you're going to become a masseuse!!!! I'm here to support you all the way! How long will the training take? Hey, you got LIC done last night! Good work!! I'll have to keep reading to see what you're supposed to be cramming in before midnight tonight. Oh, if you're still deciding about which high step workout to get, for my 2 cents, I'd say.....get both!! LOL! Okay, okay. HSC has much better music and an ab routine at the end. Otherwise, they're both terrific workouts that can be used interchangeably, IMO. Oh, and HSTA has no jump tucks or air jacks, while HSC does. About all the activity I'm doing these days: so far, it's all good. I'm eating all the time, lots of recovery foods, to make sure I'll have the energy to repair and keep going. And yes, I have a whole new level of appreciation for anyone who creates and teaches a step routine. I see now why she doesn't make too many all step videos.

Patricia.....I haven't done Blissful Rider yet. So much Eoin, so little time. By flashing someone, do you mean having the neckline droop so everyone gets a look at the goods? I can't help you there, because I have so few goods to speak of. It's not hard to keep them contained. I don't use an 8" step very often anymore, either. Certainly never more than once/week. When I was using it 2 or 3 times a week, my knees started yelling. My form is much better with the 6" step, too. Oh my, the motor home scenario sounds like a gas, pun very much intended LOL! That should be fun! I don't know how parents with many children survive, I really don't. The frequent sleep disruptions take a huge toll. I do find myself relying heavily on hand gestures, because that way I don't have to say "left" or "right", which is hard to do when you're mirror imaging the class. I'm not teaching floor aerobics at all, no way! I am really not a fan of hi/lo. I tolerate it as a cross-training activity, but it's not my preference at all. I'm not brave; just naive :)

Jeanette....Father Tony's still out of the game? Oh my. Time to start looking for a new partner, perhaps? We never got to the s'more fixin's last night. Hey! Maybe I'll do that now. Good idea! A golf workout that has hanging abs? Wow!! Maybe golf might be able to do a body good, after all! :) Did you feel the urge to find a pull up bar and hang around for a bit?? Did you make it out on your ride tonight, I wonder?

Carol....I haven't done Bootcamp in ages. Fun fun!!!! Do you still play the piano? Are you an accomplished pianist? I made it to the grade 8 level, but would have to do a lot of practicing to get back there again. The Plus rotation was initially motivating due to the fresh workouts, but with only 5 workouts in the set, it's quickly become monotonous. I'm sticking with it because it is definitely a great shock to my body and doing good things for my muscle definition. I also love a workout that incorporates pull/chin ups, as it's hard to keep myself motivated to do them on my own.

Laurie....Yes, I have 4 hours of class time this Sunday, then the course is finished. After that, it's all hands-on class time. How many years have you and your family been doing the faire? Oh YIPPEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! A PLUS Buddy!!! Get that bar installed! Do it! Do it!!

Debra....Ahhh, you and the Diva have pretty toes now. Sweet. How's your headache these days? Oohh, I see it's become de rigour for you now ;( Dog that doctor for a proper diagnosis!! What is a flank steak pinwheel? It sure sounds good. LOL!!! I love hearing how you spend XDH's money!! Yes, I was whining alot about the Plus a couple weeks ago, but I made it to the first recovery week, so got a break. I'm starting Week 5, but can tell I'm going to need to figure out how to shake things up over the next few weeks, if I'm going to go to 12. The Plus uses the exact same weight workouts all the way through, so there's much less variety than the X. I might have to figure out how to incorporate some Cathe weight work, or something.

Well, time to get the kids to bed, followed closely by my own tired self. I'm supposed to do PlyoX tomorrow, but I'm seriously doubting that's gonna happen. Ya never know, though. Tony could come to me in a dream and, ah, motivate me.

Cheers,
Sandra

Hi gals, I got to do a bike ride after work today with 2 other ladies. We had a good time and the climb felt good. It was windy, but ended up being a tailwind for most of the way up the hill. We will meet again next Tuesday and climb a different hill.

Wendy, I completely missed your post. We posted at the exact same time last night. I don't own HST, HSC and I like it pretty well. The cardio is not over the top and I can modify any tuck jumps, which I've grown to hate. Glad you got LIC done. I like that one okay, but the round the worlds get a bit old. Fortunately I have so many step workouts of Cathe's that I can deal with the around the world repetiveness. I'm looking forward to my MyChelle sample pack. Hope it comes soon. DH and I will pick up my Mom tomorrow night and we will meet up with my sister and her family to watch Indiana Jones. Should be fun. Only problem is that the seats in the theatre force my head forward and I end up with a screaming headache part way thru the movie. I need to get there early and find an aisle seat, or bring a kids booster chair LOL! Wowsa on registering for Massage School! How long is the school and how often do you take classes? When did you develop this interest in giving massages? I thought you just liked to get them. That's how I am anyway. I think you will be a great masseuse. Do you study anatomy and all that stuff? Glad you are selling your barre. Did you use it much?

Patricia, hope your team won and you are tipping back a beer right now.

Debra, I'd like to win $21,000 for my golf. However, I don't think that will EVER happen. Maybe CBL will make me a sandwich for me out of that flank steak. Yummy! Are you having any more problems or unexpected visits from the new neighbors? Glad you got the new workout clothes. I have a few things coming from Land's End. My new custom seat covers for my Honda Civic were delivered today and I have my MyChelle order coming too. Maybe my PMS manifests itself as more spending. I'm supposed to get all that back pay in the next few days, but I won't hold my breath. I'm glad you are going back to the doctor. A headache that long is just wrong. Our temps today were in the 60's. Should be moving on to the 70's after tomorrow. It's taking it's time to get warmer. I thought of you yesterday as I was reading Open Discussion. There was a thread asking if you like your legs. I thought you should post and post a picture of your marvelous calves. Come on, do it! So how traumatic is removing a varicose vein?

Carol, thanks for the well wishes for my ride. It ended up being good, though I know a lot of people who wouldn't have even tried. Wendy and I are doing a circuit rotation for a few weeks. Hoping that mixes it up a bit. However, the problem with me isn't my workouts, but my eating (as I stuff more popcorn in my mouth).

Sandra, I emailed a picture to you tonite of my jersey. Poor Fr. Tony. I'm going to tease him next time I see him about hitting the wine too much and tripping over the sprinkler. While watching the hanging abs on the golf fitness program, I had NO desire to do a pullup or hang from anything. I was horizontal on the couch. Remember, I have earned the laziest Xer award, though Wendy thinks that she wants to take it from me. Have you baked and decorated any cakes lately? PlyoX tomorrow? Better you than me. I am looking forward to STS. I'm thinking sometime in the Fall. Maybe October.

Okay, need to sign off and get DH headed to bed.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.