%%%%clean&tidy hump day%%%%

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Good morning everyone,

I was looking around - we have ((BY FAR)) the most active check in on the boards. YAY US! :D

So, today is starting out a lot better. I think I needed a swift kick in the rear. I am pleasantly sore from my WO y'day! Good stuff. Today I think I will do some sort of cardio fun.

Okay, time to try to catch up from yesterday's posts!

Katie, thanks so much for the stretch suggestions. I was thinking I need to buy a kid WO video for all of us to do because the girls just love to do this stuff with me and with the weather as junky as it is here, we need reason to be active inside! Great run on the TM! Are you totally loving it? Also, great job avoiding the Mexican lunch out - I'm so susceptible to pigging out at Mexican places! I'm with Kate on the boy thing. Not sure I would know what to do! I think God knew what he was doing when he gave me 2 girls! Glad your water/dove helped with your hunger. Hope it's not so bad today. Have you read the thread on the ask cathe board about why STS'ers are so hungry?

Kate, sorry the "budget" didn't work out so well at Meijer. I miss major stores like that. :) I actually just miss the things they carry! I need to check out Miranda's website. I thought they were kind of pricey on amazon too. And yes, you are an enabler (in all kinds of ways!). I can't resist brownies either - I tend to eat the whole pan. :) Are you up bright and early for your WO? I like AM WOs too - it's so nice to get it done at the beginning of the day! I did get most of our plans straightened out - we'll go to Chicago in April instead of July and changed our cruise to sail out of Miami instead of $$$ San Juan!

Klaudia, great job controlling your eats y'day. Days like that are so hard. I'm already starting to convince myself that when we go on our cruise, I'm only going to eat half of everything that's on my plate. Otherwise, I'll be in big trouble! That's great that you're going to be able to earn some extra money by watching your neighbor's kids! I bet it will be nice to feel like you're contributing some! I'm glad things are looking brighter!!! Did you become a Cathe fan on facebook?

Robin, you are always getting new fun fitness stuff and I'm jealous! :) How was your menu y'day? Was it the right amount? Robin, sorry about the continued FD! I think sometimes people like that need a serious wake up call but then again, sometimes you think they'd learn a lesson or two but they continue making poor decisions. It's so hard/frustrating to watch!

Morris, you kill me with your morning reports of 10 miles... and then I'm going to do abs... and then I'm going to do B/B! Geez. You make me feel like a sloth! :) (Go to the ant you sluggard!);) Sorry about the screaming - there isn't much worse than a crabby, teething baby! Did he sleep last night?

Colleen, great job with RS! I think that may be on my list of possibilities today. I love that one! I'll have to see if its in my rotation for next month. Sorry about work stress! Did you win the lottery? Glad you get to work from home today and have a "rest" day! :)

Anne, sorry Kate stole your AM workout mojo and sorry about AF. It's the worst, isn't it? Probably the only thing I liked about being pg. I'm always tempted to go on those bc pills that just give you like 4 periods a year but I know there are so many side effects! Glad you had fun at tap class! I always smile when I read about that! Sorry about your WD! That's no fun. Hope today is better.

OK. (exhaling...) I think I'm caught up. :)

Have a good day Chatty Cathes!! BBL!

angie

Goodness gracious, Angie is the QUEEN of personals today!! Maybe if I could actually get out of bed on time:rolleyes: I could do better with that!

Angie, I am so happy to hear you having fun with some workouts this week! And yes, I am loving the treadmill, but missing my Cathe step at the same time. But I was getting burnt out on step, so it's a nice change. It's so hard for me to believe that you don't have 'normal' food in the grocery store there. What kinds of things do you love that you can't find?
Kate, did you wake up to workout this morning?? $220, geez!! The groceries are totally cutting into my budget right now, it's awful, especially now with Chris eating better. Anything fun planned for today? What's your favorite clif bar?
Colleen, how are you controlling your hunger with STS? I know I need to eat more/up the cals a bit, but I just don't know how much. I hope you get a lot accomplished at home today. Stay in your pj's -- it's good for the soul!
Anne, did you make it out of bed this morning? Is the hell-that-is-AF subsiding? I know day one is always the worst for me.
Morris, sorry about the screaming baby yesterday, (((HUGS))) to Mommy and baby. Are you working today?
Robin, I didn't know you used classical stretch. How are you dealing with the hunger from STS -- or are you even experiencing it.

Well today will be busy but not too bad -- a few appointments this morning at work, then I think Chris and I are meeting friends for lunch, then a Task Force meeting at the police station, back to the office, then home for the day.

Update on the kitty -- we lost her. I filled out an application, was approved, but someone else who wanted her (drove in from another state!) got there first. So it just wasn't meant to be. But I think we have decided we want another cat so we are looking.

i did get up to wo, but.....kid issues. i got in 15 min of cs. better than nothing, hoping for cardio tonight.

holy moly chest/bi doms from yday!:D:cool:

angie, that takes a lot of time to get caught up! youre awesome!
cs is so good bec its active stretching. you are mostly standing moving around and WORKING! cathe is more sit down/passive. i like cs bec i still feel like im wo'ing. you're also gaining flexibility w/ cs too. *sorry for the enabling*
glad all the arrangements worked out! we might be in chi in april! the 1st wk dds have spr brk and i want to go so bad. want to take them to shedd. and i wanna go to jcrew!!!!! and banana rep!!:cool:
for kid wo's....we have a denise austin one they llove. its at collage. theres 2 parts - a kids one and a family, 20 min each. gets em moving, pushups, vrunches. pretty fun.

katie, sorry about the kitty. truth be told im tired of pets:eek: (sorry morris!)
fave clif is cc peanut crunch. mmmmmmm
i havent done step in prob 2 mon!!!! whats happened to us!?:p
police station!!! woo hooo!!!!:p

how different culd my kids be?
gina looks for any excuse to stay home
isabel is hacking up a lung begging to go to prek!
i wanted to go to bestbuy today! so much for that

better run....

WO was disk 6 legs ---OWWW:eek::eek::eek: I am gonna be sore, I can tell. I really wasn't sore after legs last week...?

Menu for today:

b cereal
s banana, almonds
l OUT - Mexican - I usually eat a taco salad with beans, lettuce, tomato, no meat
s 1/2 clif bar, applesauce (if I'm hungry)
d ???

Morning!

I'm very happy to report that I got my workout in last night! It was a struggle to get down there, but I finally did-at 8. The time flew by. I just wish she had grouped the chins/pulls closer to the beginning of the workout. That last set of pull ups was tough! Today is cardio-either kickbox or HIIT and abs-I really need to do those. I have a friend coming over at 11 for a playdate. It's really funny-he's friends with a bunch of my cousins and he played basketball with Darrin on our church league. He IM'd me on FB last week asking if we could get our little ones together. He took a buyout from his job and is now a stay a home dad and he's going a bit stir crazy at home. If you knew this guy, you'd die laughing-very macho on the outside, but really a nice guy. It should be interesting-he even asked if he could bring anything! Will tell you all about it later:)

Angie, I am a Cathe fan on FB! Have fun with whatever cardio you decide on.

Kate, you still got nothing on me in the Meijer bill race-so don't feel too bad;) I'm already feeling some DOMS from last night's workout. I can't imagine what tomorrow will feel like.

Katie, sorry about the kitty. Have fun at the police station;)

Hi Anne, Robin, Morris, and Colleen!

Gotta tidy up the house before friends come over...

Morning ladies Lent begins today:confused: I'm going to give up chocolate and chips and fried foods and??? Or maybe I'll fast one meal per week.:)

LOL Angie you sure did catch up:D

Katie my hunger is under controll 75% of the time. I have increase my protein so that keeps me feeling full. I try to eat a little bit of carbs one hour before my w/o and then protein like egg whites right after. don't worry about the DOMS as long as you "feel" the last few reps. Meso cycle 2 is 70-80% of 1RM so we will be feeling DOMS next month for sure.

Kate what was you going to buy at bestbuy?

Klaudia let us know how it goes.

Today's w/o STS 12 Legs plus bonus legs.

BBL with menu

Good Morning Everyone!

Well it turns out Chris might still be here when the repair guy shows up because he hasn't completed the prework he needed to do. He got up early to do it but came back to bed because he was tired. At least I have an excuse to stay home today.

Angie, ^5 on catching up on the personals. I read everything but I don't always have the time to do it. Glad you got your vacation stuff sorted out.
Katie, I think increasing your protein will help with your hunger. The past few days I have decreased my protein (not on purpose but ran out of protein powder, had some higher carb meals, etc) and I think that caused my increase in appetite. I am going to up my protein to see if that helps.
Robin, Chris and I were talking about what to give up for Lent last night. He mentioned that he had 2 wildcards to use at his discretion. I feel like that is kind of cheating but oh well.
Klaudia, ^5 on getting the workout done last night. I always wondered if the macho guys could make it as a stay at home dad. I don't personally know any but it would be funny to know someone.
Kate, sorry your workout got cut short. Is CS helping with the DOMS?

Hi Anne & Morris!

w/o STS back and bi's (Disc 11), will try to do abs later
b: oatmeal w/ almonds
s: 1/2 clif bar
l: I ate my lunch for dinner last night so I will have to figure something out
s: tbd
d: pork chops, potato, veggie

Ms. Sleepyhead checking in! I couldn't get up again this morning. And I can't work out tonight because I'm getting my hair cut and I have to get my dad's birthday present. I think I'm taking an unintentional rest week. If I do upper body tomorrow and cardio on Friday that'll be 3 work outs this week. That's better than nothing, right? Ugh. I feel like such a slug. Oh, well, it turns out I'm not perfect and can't do everything all the time. What a revelation, huh?

Angie, you sound great! I'm glad today is better for you. How long will you be in Chicago in April? Is it possible we can get together? That would be so fun!

Robin, your eating is stellar! Is your rest week coming up?

Katie, sorry about the kitty, but I totally believe in karma, it just wasn't meant to be. There's another kitty out there that's just right for your family.

Kate, something is better than nothing, right? Sorry the kiddos are needy today.

Klaudia, it sounds like you had fun yesterday! And great news about the extra income. That will help you breathe a little easier, right?

Hi to Morris and Colleen! I'll BBL.

anne

I LOVE MRS STARR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
a VERY NICE MOM from prek called this a.m. to see if she could drive isabel to/from today and friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am on cloud 9 !!!!!!!!!!!!
so now i can do cardio when j naps next! im thinking 4ds his/lis

katie, i was more sore from 3 than 6. i read that 9 is the worst!:eek:
yummmmm lunch! i hate not having a dinner plan.

klaudia, good job wo'ing!!! thatsd awesome!
have a fun playdate! at prek ther was a sahdad last yr.....was kinda funny to get used to. he was on the bpard too w/ all us moms....
i think i want tubing for the last sets pulls/chins on each disk. i was fried by the end!

robin, i needneedneed a new laptop!!! i want a wireless printer too but we'l see $$$$$$$
lol at lent!!!
sore from 12? the bonuses are so fun arent they?

colleen, i like katies idea of work in pjs!
cs did help....hoping for more later.

anne, enjoy your busy rest week!:p why cant a rest week/day ever truly be restful?!

OMG :eek: that STS leg 12 w/o was a killer. I had to stop and rest because I got light headed after doing those deadlifts. Can a person die from doing a deadlift?;) I just finished watching Cathe TV and she has some good advice about doing the dead lifts like if you go past your knees you will feel it more in your back.

Colleen enjoy your day off.

Anne maybe you need a rest week.

Kate that's so nice that you have a friend like her. Enjoy your w/o.

Hey Morris how are you?

menu
1-1/2 bagel
2-egg whites and turkey bacon
3-salad and tuna
4-??
5-??
6-popcorn :p

warning!!! food enabling!!!

at the recommendation of "eat this.." i tried a kashi "roll" bar.
not too bad! 12 g protein, 180 cals i think, and 20-some% of fiber
i got the chocolate turtle kind......mmmmmmmm
its pretty decent. not THE tastiest thing ever but it sorta feels like a cheat even tho it isnt

so that was my a.m. snack
lunchwill be plain turkey open-face sandwich, romain w/ carrots, raisins, and some triscuits
s - ????
d - cicken lettuce wraps....i think...found a yummy-lookin' recipe!
no wo yet...not til tonighti guess

robin, thankd for the heasd up! i love deadlifts!! sounds like sthing to look forward to!
popcorns a good idea for my pm snack....maybe w/ some nuts for protein....

Good news!

Mmmmmmmmmm...popcorn! Somebody at my office pops some for breakfast several times a week. It's a killer.

I have good news! A project I've been working on for about 18 months finally went live today! If you're in Michigan go here:

http://researchpro.mel.org:8161/iii...pe=simple&accountid=mel1&accountpassword=mel1Ack! I can't get the link to work, it's too long. Okay, go here:
http://www.mel.org/SPT--BrowseResourcesDatabases.php?ParentId=617

and click on the button that says "Search Multiple Databases" near the top.

If you're not in Michigan, but interested, pm me and I'll give you the secret code. It's a web site that lets you search across multiple databases and the databases are only for Michigan residents. Depending which libraries you go to, you can either log in by library card or driver's license. If it's driver's license, don't worry! They don't keep it on file, they just check that you're a MI resident.

I didn't do the design, but I made the design work. It was a huge headache and at times I didn't think it would ever get done. We're not promoting it yet, we want to make sure it's stable first, but I thought I could tell you guys. :p

bbiab

anne

Anne, great job on the website!!!! I bet you are glad it is done.
Kate, I didn't think that disc 9 was that bad. Maybe I didn't go heavy enough. I would work in my pj's except I had someone coming to my house to fix our satellite tv. I know it doesn't matter what I wear but I didn't want to look like a total slob.
Robin, I like deadlifts while I am doing them but not after.

This morning got really crazy fast and I am hoping this afternoon will be calmer (although I am in meetings from 1-5.) Hopefully I can get some other work done during that time if my email cooperates. Lunch was a taco salad but I didn't have any meat so I had refried beans. I found some at whole foods that are chile lime fat free refried beans and they are so good. Actually looks and tastes like homemade not like the yucky el paso stuff.

Quick check in from the iPhone. Lunch was a success, Chris and I met up with another couple for lunch.

Chris put some chicken and carrots in the crock pot for dinner, bless his heart. I'll steam some broccoli to go with that.

Off to my meeting!

hi there - did i mention i hate computers??? luckily we have power or i could not use my treadmill:p

angie, great catch up. i cannot manage that right now:( glad you are feeling better. what wo di you decide on?

kate, i cannot acess you food links, but i bet you made something amazing. and how wonderful someone will drive dd to prek. i am a control freak and am not ready to elt anyone drive kids (even though i am not the best driver for sure;)) sorry for the wo interruptions. it plagues me too.

katie, great am wo and glad dinner is already on. i love those days.

robin, sounds like you are gearing up for meso 2. are you doing any vacations anytime soon?

anne, great job with the project! how exciting. and i must say, with all your tap, can you really only consider it 3 wos? i'd say more.

hi klaudia - glas you got your wo in! when do you start watching your neighbor's kids? what sort of hours?

hi colleen - any plans today? glad chris will be around for the repair guy.

well, i did a 5mile speed interval run this am and imax 3 blasts only. it was just right. no doms from yesterday, yet. eats are clean and tidy - oatmel for breakfast, cheese and fruit for snack, salad and soup for lunch, yougart for snack. tonight will be chick sausage and ww pasta. "hope" to be back later.

oh, kate, sometimes ita about pets - it is a alot of work with kids. i get my fix at work;)

katie, sorry about the kitty. a mark on the skin could be anything from ringworm (what a pain) to fad to a tumor. may have worked out for the best? i think you will find the right pet if you are still looking....

Hi,

I suppose it's a good thing I caught up on personals this morning because now I don't have time... :)

Day was long but OK. No WO... had to spend time with kids. Then tonight prep for disney! I don't know if I'll check in or not while we're there... if not, I'll be back Sat night!!

See you soon.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.