%%%%clean-terrific-tuesday%%%%

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning girls,

I was able to get up early and what's the first thing I notice? Cramps! I'm such a psyche out... I'm writing it down so I know when to expect it next. Here's the total bummer though. I leave for IL on April 18, Ryan comes on the 25th, period comes on the 26th. We're going to be apart for 2 weeks. Why couldn't it have come one of those weeks, seriously?

So, today I need some motivation to come around to get my WO done early and not be a slug the rest of the day because that's what I'm leaning toward.

On tap for today is step blast. I'm excited. I like that WO.

Gotta give the girls a bath (they caught the sillies during the night)... and get them to school.

be back later.

have a terrific tuesday!

angie

Step blast done. I thought I was going to die. I didn't though. I'm still here. I must still be building up my cardio endurance from being sick because my heart rate wouldn't come down so I had to vastly modify the blasts (no jumps and regular jacks instead of plyos!). But, still burned 500 cals. My hr monitor said my avg hr was 160! That's crazy - it's never that high.

Ok, I need to hop in the shower and get ready to pick up the girls. I'm a huge sweaty mess!

bbl

Morning Angie! Step Blast is definitely one of my favorites, and a major calorie burner for me too! I'm so glad that you got it done early! That sucks about the AF thing... Not sure what else to say about that!
So here is my small rant that I've been meaning to write about for awhile now... My weight has been up about 1 to 1.5 pounds for about 10 days or two weeks now. I know that's not much weight, but it's really got me in a bad mood. Maybe it is muscle? Maybe it is bloat from AF? (something weird has been going on with my cycle, but I won't get into it!) Or maybe I really have gained weight? I wish I had taken the damn time to do measurements so I could compare. I think my clothes fit the same -- not loose but not tight...? So I don't know...?
Today is supposed to be sunny and warm. I am working about half a day, then Collin and I have dentist appts. Cross your fingers for me that there are no cavities!!
On the TM I go, be back in a few miles;)

Lunch done. Now time to read to girls.

bfast was egg on toast
snack 1/2 clif
lunch leftover chili

dinner? we have some kabobs in the fridge. Ryan will be somewhat late again tonight... we have a few leftovers that need to be eaten too... i feel like that's always a battle! i hate to waste!

kate, yay on versa grips. sorry about your weight. 1.5# could be SOOOO many things and prob not something to worry about. how do you look/feel? keep that as your guidepost!

ok... bbl.

Katie, You will be so happy with your vg's!
I always worry about cavities too - even tho we are good brushers/flossers!
I have the same rant but my scale is up FIVE pounds! Im tryng to ignore it.....

Angie, I hated having to plan around AF! So glad that's not on my radar yet!:D:D:D
SB is tons of fun! The challenge at the end - woohoo!!!!!

Got up early to WO...then Julia got up early to nurse:rolleyes: So much for that plan!

What should I do?
I did STS wk 2 legs Saturday, wk 3 chest/tris/sh on Sun, wk 3 back/bis Mon. So STS 3 days in a row. I still need to do wk 3 legs. We leave Thursday at 7AM for Chicago. DO I wake up early Thursday and just leave off one of the trisets for each round? I wont be able to WO Wed night - too busy packing us all/getting the house ready. I'm afraid that if I put off legs til Thurs sthing will come up (like a little Julia something!:D) and I wont be able to get it in. So my only time I can get legs in is TONIGHT but I've already done STS 3 days in a row. and my body is TIRED!!!!! ?????????????? I will be able to do cardio and stretching on vacation but no weights again til Sunday night. And Im really plannign on being DEAD sunday night afer travelling all day. Maybe I should just put Wk3 legs off until Wk4 and do this next wk
m - wk 3 legs
t - UB
f - UB
sa - Wk 4 legs

I am putting WAY too much thought into this!!!!!:mad::rolleyes:
Sure wish this conincided with my rest week!:eek::eek:

Better get the girls up....bbl....

Morning!

No run yesterday, although I did do abs with Danica in the living room-she showed me dance moves and I showed her ab moves-it was fun! So today I'm going to try and run in the am and the do STS Back/biceps. I'm so premenstrual this month-ugh. Not bloaty, just cranky and wanting to eat lots of junk.

Angie, great workout! Our cycles never want to cooperate, do they?

Katie, I so understand what you're going through. Take your measurments and go by how your clothes fit. My Glamour magazine had a line about it being perfectly ok to go by the number you see on the scale in the morning, but not at night:) So, that's what I do! You're in great shape, don't let 1 measly pound do that to you (I know-I'm one to talk!).

Kate, enjoy your vacation. You'll be walking a lot! Maybe write down the exercises and take them with you to the hotel and do a modified leg workout this week? Or do what I did when I was in Chicago-my gf and I climbed the stairs of our hotel-all the way up-ouch!

Colleen, sorry you didn't get your run in yesterday. I wanted to run outside yesterday, then Darrin came home and said he wanted to workout-again-and so I held off, then it was too late. I had to make dinner. And the later it gets, I hit a mental wall and don't want to move.

Anne, what time are you thinking about on Saturday? We might be going downtown around 3 to get a spot at the bar for the game-or we might not! Darrin hasn't decided. Let me know:)

Hi Robin! Morris have a great time-no stress!!

Hey chatty ladies.

Katie inhalecakemax...:DI'm going to try that technique.

Morris my fav w/o is kickboxing and if I could do weight training 6 days a week I would. It seems like since I've started doing cathe, I've gain flexibility, muscles but my knee has gotten worse. It could be arthritis which runs in my family.

Anne YAAAY on the 1 legged pikes. I can only go 1/2 the way up but I can do 2 legged pike.

---------------------
Angie good going with your w/o today!

Katie sorry about the pound of weight but that's not much weight. Don't sweat the small stuff. I know you want to lose weight so check your eating habits. It could be the change in your w/o also. You use to do alot of stepping now you run.Summer is coming and everyone loses weight in the summer. YAY shop shop shop vgribs.

Kate snap-out-of-it:eek:. Why are you stressing so much. Do what you can up until Tues and enjoy your trip to Chicago. Everything will be waiting for you when you get back.

Klaudia I can relate with the pms-junkathon. I eat junk and a lot of it around that time.
--------------------------------

My w/o today will be AmyBento's In the Ring 2nd half and maybe a power
walk...also I have to do some core work.

I was thinking of booking a trip to Myrtle Beach SC...my kids have never seen blue water. Maybe for my b-day.

bbl menu

Last edited:
Good Morning Everyone!

I am really tired today. I don't know if I am not eating enough or I am not sleeping well at night. I always struggle during allergy season because my allergies make me tired and this year's seems much worse than last year. It will pass in a few weeks - I just need to be patient.

Robin, Myrtle Beach sounds like a fun trip. I did a Spring Break weekend down there a while back and we had a good time.
Klaudia, sending clean eating vibes to you. I hate it when I have PMS and crave junk.
Kate, your body needs rest. I would do legs twice next week. If your body is tired, you risk injuring yourself.
Angie, good luck on dinner. I don't mind leftovers but I usually take them to work for lunch. Hope your cramps go away soon.
Katie, I am so jealous you have a half day on this beautiful day! Enjoy the warm weather this afternoon and don't worry about the weight gain - it is probably muscle. You could also take your measurements now so you have something to compare against if your weight goes back down.

w/o was CF Step Mix
b: oatmeal w/ almonds
s: grapes
l: grilled chicken salad
s: 1/2 clif bar
d: tbd

I will run after work tonight!

klaudia, good wo planning! nice to have some time w/ dd!
i thought abt doing sts at the hotel - but im sure they wont have heavy enough weights - and no high step either!:rolleyes: the nerve of them!:rolleyes::p i'll likely do it tonight so i know i have it out of the way.

robin, ooh, your kids would love the ocean! i think next summer we're doing florida/disney - :eek::eek::eek:!!!

colleen, sorry you're so tired! i hate that! mike was just commenting on how little sleep i get but i think my body is just use to it. looking forward to sleeping more in chicago!:D
great eats today! clean vibes for dinner!

b - kashi, 2/3 apple
s - kashi bar, banana
l - eggs, peppers, 9-grain toast
s - ???
d - homemade pizza, thin crust, heavy on the veggies! i looooove fresh tomato on pizza

Quick drive by. I slept in this morning instead of getting up to work out. What? You're shocked? I know, it's so unlike me! But I have tap tonight, so I'm just going to go with the flow.

Robin, you're in NC, right? Katie and I can both tell you the Outer Banks are wonderful. And big enough to have something for everyone--busy areas for teenage kids, quiet areas for adults who like that, it's just a great place. I'm sure Myrtle Beach is great, too, though. And thanks for the tip on the dog show, I have seen it and I've been perusing her web site.

Kate, take a deep breath! Enjoy yourself in Chicago and your work outs will be there when you get back. I promise. You're not going to lose any fitness by taking 5 days off. Trust me, I took 5 weeks off last fall and barely noticed any loss.

Klaudia, I could come any time. If breakfast works better than lunch, that's fine too.

Katie, stop it! Whoops, was that harsh? Our weight fluctuates naturally, 1 to 1.5 pounds is nothing to worry about. Easier said than done, I know, but I had to say it. ;-)

Angie, I love Step Blast. I think it's my all-time favorite step routine. Glad you enjoyed it!

Morris, have fun on your trip! I'm sorry your sister is stressed. Hopefully you'll get a good visit with her.

Colleen, patience is not one of my virtues. I hope your allergy tiredness passes sooner rather than later.

Okay, I have work to do (go figure) and another meeting at 11. See you soon.

anne

Anne thanks:) I'm going to google the outer banks. The trainer victoria even has me saying ahah! to my dog and kids instead yelling NO.

Kate your girls are a perfect age for Disney. When we went there we stayed at a restort I think it was name HipHop. They had a 50s, 60s, 70s sections.

Colleen I can relate. I'm tired too. I wonder if sTS has anything to do with it ;). I'm working on my next STS rotation after 'm done with meso3....I know I'm masti (sp?)

b-egg whites and turkey sausage
l- maybe soup
d-baked fish and ???

Last edited:
just now checking in - it is so stressful to travel:mad: but, i got up early and did some elliptical and various weights - no more weights till monday:( i got the house cleaned, we are all packed, now need to make a picnic for finn and do nurse max.

kate, ita with robin. i am one to talk, i know, but lay off the weights today - a leg injusry would be horrible, and you can just do extra next week, you know? my goal is to run 3 times on vacation - more is a bonus:eek: hope the packmax goes well:D

katie, myweight was up 1.5 for 2 weeks, then boom, back down for no real reason - stress, salt, exercise? who knows. also, i think you have changed your wos - running may make you gain. i know it does me . i was 4lbs lighter when i swam, but i cannot give up running. anyways, just my 2 cents.

robin, a vacation sounds heavenly. do your kids like to go with you or do they want teir friends? i love kbing, but i had to make changes after i broke my foot - cannot do impact 7 days a week.

anne, lol at you sleeping in. enjoy tap. i love that you can go with the flow. i struggle there but i am trying.

klaud, fun to wo with dd! finn and i did yoga last night - he loves it ,"mommy, can you do THIS yoga?"

colleen, allergies make a person feel miserable, that is for sure. hope you can ge thru this season. does running otuside make it worse?

angie, great wo and eats today. sorry for the big p. and the timing. i go back on the pill after i finish nursing, and i am dreading periods again. i havenot had one for like 4 years.

okay, that is it for me for a while. hope to check in while we are away, but it is doubtful. i am hoping for good eats and reasonable exercise, though i wouldbn't say no to a 12 miler:D see you all sunday night!

Quick check in before dinner. My kids are driving me crazy today - does this make me a bad mom? I'm just easily aggravated today. I'm not sure why (wait... did I say I was getting my period?) :rolleyes:

Morris, have a great trip - try to take a hint from Anne and go with the flow. Relax, and enjoy. See you next week.

Robin, the beach sounds heavenly for your birthday. We're planning a trip to Barcelona for July. I can't wait to see the sun/beach again!

Anne, enjoy tap tonight. Yes, step blast is way fun - usually I don't have a problem but it was extra hard today.

Kate, don't worry about it. Do what you can - what works out. Have a great time! I'm already trying to plan around our weekend though. We are prob going to disney on sat since it's supposed to be 70 and sunny. So, I'm not going to take tomorrow off like usual.

Colleen, I'm sorry you're tired. There's nothing worse is there? I had really bad allergies when we lived in AZ... felt awful all day every day during spring!

Klaudia, I'm totally with you on the bloated/craving crap, etc. Hang in there. Don't overindulge, just take a bite! :)

Hi Katie! Hope your dentist appt is going well...

OK, gotta make dinner... might not be back tonight. We'll see.

XOXO

clean eats here! lunch soon...

angie, glad im not the only one who shifts wo's around when she's gone!;) have fun at disney! your passes have def been a wise purchase!
and no!!!! not a bad mom at all!!! isabel drives meup awall 10x a day!:eek:

morris, hope it all goes well!!!!

robin, what are you thinking of after sts rd1? i wanna do meso2 again - i love this one!
which "decade" did you stay in?:D

anne, have fun at tap tonight:D.....and work today!:confused:
is recital all adults or kiddos too?

Still no AF... I thought for sure it would come today. Ryan's convinced I'm pg. I know I'm not b/c of cramps but he remembers the only time my boobs were swollen like this was during pg... he's right but I'm still unconvinced. Cramps tell me it's coming soon - just wish it would hurry up!

Dinner was leftover pork again and my one cookie. I'm so impressed that even PMSing I haven't had more than 2 per day! :)

OK, almost time for bed for the girls... see you all tomorrow!

angie, your portion control is becoming legendary!:D
you've got us all on pins & needles abut af! lol!!!
ps - i loooove having 3 girls!:eek::D

Not pg. Ryan got all freaked out b/c we realized I'm late so he had me take a test... negativo! I'm relieved b/c I don't want to be pg b/c I hate it but a **slight** amount of sad b/c the idea of a baby is always fun! Oh well. I've never regretted our decision and I love our little girls but I'd take a surprise gift at any time. :) Of course now sitting here I feel cramps in full force. Tomorrow's going to be a rough day.

The best part was that I figured out when AF was due by checking my past posts here!! HA! It's like my own little diary...

lol angie!(re the diary!)
ive tested for pgs in the past and felt the same way....you dont want it but you do....still cant decide on #4:confused:. not a day goes by that i dont give thankstheyre all healthy!

was starving by the time i could get lunch....snacked on some of isabels goldfish...and i dont even like those rotten things!:mad: oh well!

Kate, I LOVE LOVE LOVE goldfish - it's a pretty good thing I can't get anything like that here. I love all things salty: chex mix, gardettos, chips (mostly tortilla chips - not potato chips), pretzels, popcorn, etc...

I think you should go for #4. Then Droolia could have a friend. I always knew that I'd want 4 if I had a 3rd.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.