%%%% clean&tidy (HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE!!) wednesday%%%%

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning all!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Hope you have a great day playing with STS! It sounds like you had a great night last night sledding and a taco salad with lots of veggies sounds awesome! :) Take pictures of STS - I'm curious to see what the whole set looks like and it will likely be a good year before I get it (if I ever do).

Kate, I figured out how you end up with 5,000+ posts. You just do a lot of one-liner responses! :) I need to learn from a pro! I'm sorry Mike is sick. Sorry about the cookies. I don't know how you maintain any sort of control on a regular basis with all the baking you do! And I can't say I understand the taste of blood in my mouth... yuck. And, seriously YIKES about the robber. What ended up happening???

Colleen, I hope your STS comes today! Those guys should be able to handle any weather. :) LOL about the printer situation. :)

Klaudia, I'm glad your breasts turned out so well. ;) ITA about overweight kids. It just makes me want to cringe. I know my family has pretty darn decent genes (there are basically 2 total overweight people on all sides) but COME ON! I hate to see what kids eat!

Anne, I love to hate the biggest loser. I watch it b/c I love Bob & Jill and I LOVE to see the life transformation but I hate all the drama (specifically from last season - I couldn't stand Vicky and Heba!). I'm not a huge fan of how the season started out this time with the 9 going home but I like how they're keeping up with them. I just watched the second episode where Bob lost it. Hilarious! I was SOOOOOO annoyed that the black girl didn't go home and that Dan and Jerry were below the yellow line... so sad! Was SO excited to see his weight loss though! YAY on sunscreen! :cool:

Robin, sorry STS is coming late. At least you have something to look forward to today! I hope you have fun with it. Does your UPS man come late or early?

Morris, sorry you've been so busy! I can't believe your running consistency. Now I understand why you were so frustrated when you hurt your foot! And I totally understand the "thick" feeling. I need to move more toward "lean." :) Hope your mom is doing better!

Ok, time to get the day started. I have a lot to catch up on since I was in such a fog yesterday. Lots of cleanmax, grocerymax, laundrymax. I may be somewhat quiet on the boards today!

Oh, and today is rest day since the kids are home. They're home tomorrow too b/c of a strike so I'll have to figure something out.

Have a great day!

angie

Thank you Angie!! Yesterday was definitely a fun day, and hoping for more of the same today. It is VERY icy out, my dog couldn't even walk to go pee this morning!

I am planning to do as many 1RM tests as I can this morning, then spend the day laying around the house with Collin. Tonight, I will break out the Cold Stone ice cream cake...
http://www.coldstonecreamery.com/cakes/signature_cakes.html
(I got the "Midnight Delight" :p)

Kate, Robin, Colleen, Klaudia (is that everyone?) -- when are you planning to start STS? I am hoping for 2/8 but curious what everyone else is doing.

quick drive by post - i cannot catch up!! we are expecting 12-16omches of snow today. me and the kids are not leaving unless we get out before 8am - doubtful!!

katie, happy b-day. i was afraid to click the link for your cake;) it is low cal, right?? glad you had fun in the snow and the day off today!

morning angie - what is on tap today? yes, i am totally addicted to running. i cannot wait to go out and do a 13 miler, preferably when it isn't 7 degrees. i still have a lot to work up to.

kate, great job on the versa climber. is it weird to go up down only and not forward? it looks really fun. very scary story about your mom. do you live in a high crime area? where i am is pretty quiet. that is one of the things i will truly miss when we go south.

klaudia, glad you avoided the cupcakes!!

colleen, that is crazy your commute would be so much longer on public transportation.

hi anne - hope you did not get this bad weather too.

good morning robin.

i did a short 4 mile run this am and the cardio portion of the circuits from bm2 and the blast challenge from sb. it was a nice 60 min cardio fest. also did some abs. i am going to do some major stretching later. my quads are killing me, and i have no idea why - no real change in my workouts excpet upper body. yesterday ended up really clean, just too much food. today i will focus on portions. there's the kids - gotta run! be back later

angie, the robber finally left. my mom fought him off. my brother and i were screaming and ran into her bedroom. he took $5out of her wallet, which was all she had, not even a savings account. we were POOR. they found the guy about 15 yrs later, related to other crimes. there wasnt enough evidence to pin him for our house. his gf lived in the townhouses next door. it was really creepy. we moved not too long after that.
good luck catching up today. not easy w/ ankle biters around!:p

katie, i hope you have a great bday! enjoy that cake! tell us what chris gets you! if its "postable", that is!:eek::p
not exactly sure on sts start date yet. i have a few more 1rms to do. its here just in time. i need s'thing new & some motivation! this will be 3 months of s'thing new!:D

morris, i want your weather!!!!
the vc is plain torture/fun. never thought about not going forawrd:confused:!
we live in a safe area. we're "semi-country":) - town's not too far away. not the boonies but wed have to yell to talk to our neighbors.
your wo sounds fun!!! it would take me an hour to get 4 miles tho! i love the caerdios you added on! youll be doing that 13 mler before you know it!

hello shirl!!!! so good to see you! how are the kids?

ginas going to stay home today. says she has a stomach ache. i dont think its that bad but i diont feel like i can MAKE her go. help!!! i want to homeschool but im scared to do it!!!!

not sure on eats or wo. i put thwe cookies in the very back of the big freezer in the garage. that should keep me out of them!

Hey ladies, thanks for the birthday wishes. Shirl, so good to "see" you in here!!

Still working on 1RM tests, took a break for breakfast and more coffee. I think I am going to preview the squat rack leg routines while I work.

Chris actually MADE my birthday present, and it's a good one!!! I will post a picture as soon as I can!

Katie !!

I looooove Cold Stone ice cream. I never had it in NY but when I moved to the south. Oh boy it is the best ice cream in the world. Enjoy

Kate I hope Mike feels better soon.

Angie the school is on strike?

Katie I'm starting STS next Monday.

Morris LOL :DI'm like you I don't want to see Katie cake because I live 15mins away from a cold stone.:eek: Good going with the DOMS in your quads.

Kate sorry about DD stomach ache. That's a scary story.

Shirl what's new? You can check in anytime.

do you girls remember a Jenn that used to check in with us? Well she meet up with me on Sparkpeople. She said hi to everyone.

Well ladies I fell off the wagon and rolled down the hill and then hit a fat cow. I ate last night 2 pizzas from pizzahut and 2 hot wings. It must be TTOM.

Rest day for me except laundry and cleanmax and running after the UPS truck:mad:

b-egg whites and turkey
l-chicken spinach and clementine salad
s-?
d-beef/turkey over pasta

Last edited:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE!!:):) I hope you have a great day! Nothing like Coldstone and STS on your birthday:)

Angie, amusez-vous bien aujourd'hui avec les filles:)

Kate, that is one frightening story! I would be traumatized forever, too. I thought about homeschooling, too. But I'm way too intimidated-and I have a teaching degree! I have a hard time helping with homework, much less teaching math and science!

Morris, nice workout! I don't do much more than 30-45 minutes of cardio. I wish I liked it more, but no. Holy Snow!! Be careful out there.

Hi Colleen, Anne, and Robin!

Well, I should come clean-didn't have the cupcake but ended up eating a few wafer cookies last night. And it was purely out of boredom-Darrin had already fallen asleep, blah, blah. I hate when I do that! Today is legs and some pull ups, but not til naptime. And still no shipment notification:(

Happy Birthday Katie!!!! I avoid Cold Stone because it is too much temptation. Enjoy your cake.

My STS is on the truck for delivery so I used the weather excuse and stayed home. The highways are fine but everything else is icy and it is still sleeting. No worth getting in an accident in my new car. UPS usually delivers around 10:30 so I am hoping I have it by lunchtime. I plan on starting on 2/2.

Klaudia, I eat out of boredom too and can't stand it either.
Robin, running after the UPS truck will burn off your dinner last night. Tell Jenn I said hi.
Kate, scary robber story. I would have to padlock the freezer if there were cookies in there. Hope you can stay away.
Morris, good combo workout this morning.
Angie, hope you get caught up today especially with the little ones around.

w/o was KPC Cardio Conditioning - will do UB later after I shovel
b: oatmeal w/ almonds
rest of day is tbd

Happy Birthday, Katie!
I hope you have a wonderful day. Enjoy that cake, it looks delicious!

Robin, will your STS come today? I hope so.

Kate, :confused: on that story from your childhood, how terrifying. I'm glad you live in a safer place now. Great job on the versa climber! That does sound fun.

Morris, it's cold and snowy here too! We weren't supposed to get very much, but I think we got slammed. The roads aren't plowed and it took me forever to get to work this morning. Plus I'm leaving early and taking a long lunch. Aren't I a model employee? Yikes. I hope your mom is doing better today.

Angie, are you feeling better today? Have fun with the kiddos today. Maybe I shouldn't tell you this, but DH and I are planning our next vacation. I want to take a really big trip in the fall to celebrate my 40th and his 50th birthdays. One place we're talking about going.......PARIS! I talk about all of you all the time and I told him, "Oh, my friend Angie is in France! Maybe we could meet up with her for an afternoon." So, I don't remember how far you are from Paris, but if that's where we decide to go, I'd love to meet you in person.

Shirls, hi! Nice to "meet" you.

Klaudia, those juicy tender breasts sound wonderful! I'll have to remember to try that.

This morning I did SJP. It was supposed to just be step and weights, but when I looked up how long that was it was only 46 minutes, so I thought, well, I can do a couple of the hi/lo sections, too. Well, that 46 minutes does not include the abs and stretch so what should have been about an hour work out ended up being an hour and fifteen minutes. So, I was running late when I left the house and we got the above mentioned snow and then I was late for work. :eek: Only 5 minutes, tho, so I guess I won't worry too much.

Oh! Did I tell you I'm getting a pedicure tonight? I can't wait, it's like the kick-off to my vacation. I love getting pedicures, but have a hard time justifying it in the winter. But my brother gave me a gift card for it for Christmas, so it won't even cost me anything! (Other than tip, of course.) Anyway, it'll be so nice. I love having pretty toes. :)

Okay, I need to eat breakfast and, oh yeah, do some work!:eek:

BBL

anne

Anne, I love your posts! Enjoy your pedicure-I love gettting them, such a luxury. And great workout! So funny-I always talk about you guys and Darrin'll go, "Who?" and I'll say, "You know, my friend from Cathe!" I'm just going to start saying, "My friend Anne (or Kate or...:))

Hey gals. The morning started out pretty good. Got all my cleaning done and laundry put away and dishwasher unloaded. The kids were being relatively good and I didn't even raise my voice once (big deal! :)) Anyway, I decided to take them to Quick (fast food) for lunch b/c there is a playplace and I figured they could run their little butts off. They behaved really well there but then we went to the grocery store and the rest of the afternoon was an absolute disaster! Annabel was a nightmare and was literally sitting down in the middle of the grocery store! UGH! They both fell asleep in the car on the way home so I sat in the driveway for about 20 min just playing on my iPhone while they slept so I could get some peace and quiet! Now they're watching Monsters Inc and playing with balloons.

I think I'm going to make a BBQ chix pizza tonight. I found a pizza crust in a box and some BBQ sauce so I'm pumped!

Anne, that is so exciting that you're thinking of Paris for your vaca! I LOVE Paris. I can't believe we haven't gone since we moved here (we went in Aug when we came to check out France but we were w/o kids then!). I'd LOVE to meet up with you for lunch or something. I'm about 90 min from Paris. Definitely would take the drive to see a Catheite! Keep me posted. ^5 on the WO!

Colleen, YAY for impromptu day off and STS! Hope you enjoy it! I love "box" days! :) (((Still waiting for your story!)))

Kate, I could write a novel to you about hs'ing! I was hs'd as a child and for a couple of years was seriously considering it with my kids. It's a long story - pm me or just shoot me an email (I'll pm it to you along with my phone #). I can give you TONS of info!

Robin, no worries on the wagon fall, just get back on. I fell off y'day too (a little McD's therapy for me and kids!). The girls always have Wed off but there is apparently a planned strike just tomorrow. I wish it was on Fri b/c Ryan has the day off too. Oh well. More time for me and him alone. Better get out my HR monitor. :eek:

Morris, don't get buried in snow today! I really am anxious to start running again. I looked at treadmills at the store today. There is a nordictrack one for 1699 euro. It just seems too much when I could get it for $999 in the states! I think I'll just try to start running outside the days I get a chance.

Katie, I (((LOVE))) cold stone. It was my nemesis during my pg with Ellie. There was one RIGHT next to the hospital so I would go after my appointments. UGH. It's all just so yum. And when you're pg and it's 115 degrees outside, what could be better?

Alright, time to get more laundry done. BBL.

ang

lets see how far i get in personals.....

katie, good job on he 1rms! cant wait to see your present!

robin, send a shout-out to jenn for me!:D
my sts is coming today too!!
i wish the new wm was ready!:eek: i wanna log my info in!

colleen, glad you get to stay home!:D we loooove snow days!
ooooh, i hate shovelling! i just put it in 4wd and jam on that gas pedal!:p

anne, enjoy that pedi! i got one at the end of my pg. made my legs itch for weeks! i dont think i'll ever get one again. i made huge scratch marks all over my legs. hurt bad!
paris!!! ooh lala! thats awesome!
we lived on edgemont across from waverly golf course when we were robbed....do you remember schmidts? we lived across from there in the peach townhouse!

klaudia, no one "gets" our friendships from here!:D

angie, sorry the day ended up bombing on you! ive done the same thing in the driveway! lol!
i would loooove to chat w/ you about hs stuff. wonder how muh an int'l call is?!:confused:
good luck w/ dinner tonight!

julia has pics today. shell be naked on her belly. shes holdinh her head up so good and i want a great big drooly smile!:D:D:D i love julia!!! dont tell my other girls.......but........julias my favorite baby!:eek:

a.m. snack was a piece of 9-grain toast. but im gettin hungry! need a little s'thing more.....

Kate, gave you my # via PM. It's a US number (we have vonage) so no worries about int'l calling. If you don't have free long distance, I can call you!

hi everyone - lets see how far i get...

katie, i too cannot wait to see what chris made you!!

anne, great workout - i love those hi lo segs. if you saw my feet you would be horrified. between cold weather and running, it is not pretty. dh loves to say he did not marry me for my feet:eek:

kate, i need more of a snack too. nursing makes me sooo hungry. i had brocolli, apple and hummus, but i need a steak! and i do not even eat red meat:D

angie, i hear you on the mcd's,. why did you decide not to hs your kids? just curious. i am not cut out for that i do not think. of course, give me 1 week in crummy fla schools and i will pull my kids faster than you can blink! if you got a treadmill, could you take it home with you or would it only work in france? i wish i coould ruiin outside. next week it may get up to 20, so i am hoping.

klaudia, dh keeps telling me my online friends are not friends! what does he know? i talk to you all wyayy more than anyone. also say things to you all i never say to others.

robin, we are herefor you when you get back on the wagon. your cheat does not sound too bad, though, and i know it certainly willl not undo all your progress of inches and lbs.

colleen, i am the queen of boredom eating. it can be brocolli and carrots or cookies - does not matter. isn't that awful? be safe today, and glad you are home.

took kids out briefly to gas up the car and get some apples and brocolli - just for my mindless munching:confused: aidan napped and finn and i stretched in the basement. i did all the stretch segs from squeeze - it was awesome. anyone have that workout? i did the ab sections this am, and they are great. i cannot wait for naptime. i want to nap, though i should be productive. we will see.... eats clean and portion controlled so far.

Still waiting for STS... They just plowed our street so hopefully UPS will be by soon.

DH is flipping through the channels on TV and Tyra Banks has boyfriend-aholics on the show. How crazy!

Angie, I wish I had the day off. I have been on conference calls all morning and a huge to do list for the is afternoon.
Kate, I wish I could just drive over the snow but we are required to shovel our walk or we will get fined. I think you asked about my 1RM's. I think I am done but I started out doing them by disk, then by body part. Maybe the new workout manager will help me find the gaps.
Anne, I hate that some of the older workouts don't show the real total time. Some mornings I get really into the workout and lose track of time and then I am late.
Morris, I have never tried the squeeze workouts. I have been curious but not enough to buy one.

Off to have lunch. I think I will have a turkey cutlet.

angie, no free ld, but i do want to wait til the girls arent aroound to chat. i dont want them to know im thinking about hs. i appreciate your help!

morris, i craved steak while pg w/ julia. it was crazy!:eek: guess i needed the protein & iron:confused:.
im on a nursing need-food-now mode too. i guess i dont take that into account. itry to eat what i did pre-pg, but i suppose i should up it just a little.
good job w/ portions! i dont have any squeezes.
you do so good w/ taking aidan out. i literally never go anywhere unless i absolutely have to. i *hate* messing w/ nap time.

colleen, so......workin' or watchin' tv????!! i wont tell!
sorry about shovelling! if you can get to it when its nice & fluffy its not too bad i suppose.

waiting for my egg bake to get out of the oven.....i'll get my sick dh to bring it to me while im feeding his baby!

Kate, let me know when is a good time for you. Your early morning is around 3 pm (9 am for you). So basically, while your girls are at school would work out well.

Morris, my story is long and winded. I (and Ryan) value education SOOOOO much that the thought of leaving it up to someone else just made me nauseous. Plus, we've lived in two places where the public school system was seriously less than desirable. I have changed my mind for two main reasons (but still STRONGLY BELIEVE it is a GREAT option for many families).

My first reason is my lack of discipline. I am unfortunately, innately lazy. I am fearful that I wouldn't follow through (even if I had a day by day, hour by hour schedule). I think that I would wind up having lots of pj days! :(

My second reason, and slightly more weighted than the first (since I would kick my rear into shape if I felt it was the best thing for my kids), is that Ryan and I desperately want to be involved in our local community and just be people lovers. When you're a homeschooling family, it's difficult to reach out to others and it's easy to become somewhat hermit-like.

These reasons are my "for now" reasons and in general, don't really apply right now since my kids are so young and having them in school here is nothing like it would be in the States. And, I reserve the right to change my mind when we get back. :)

Overall, I have always reminded anyone I talk to about it that it has to be the best decision for YOUR family. By NO means is it for everyone (there are a LOT LOT LOT of people who shouldn't homeschool) but I do believe that it builds very intelligent, confident, and strong kids! In so many ways, I could be such a great advocate for it so I know it's confusing to explain why we're not doing it now.

In some ways, we still are. We realized that just because we're not our kids "teachers" doesn't mean that we can't be their primary source for education.

Ok... soap box done. Time for biggest loser.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.