"any guys out there?" 6-8

m keith

Cathlete
Good morning gents - I'm a bit on the sore side today...yesterday, in addition to a long run in the heat, I swam some laps for the first time this season - it sort of cranked by upper body. I'm doing lower body today but I think I'll throw in an extended stretch to even thing out.

So - I'm thinking we should use this thread to talk about goals for the next couple of months. Especially since STS is coming out soon - we want to bring our A game, right?? I'll bet if we push each other, we should be able to accomplish anything :)

My goal for the end of July...
chin-ups - 25 (today i can do 18)
push-ups 100 (today - 70)
mile run 6 min (today - 6.5)

I'll also trying to build mass on my biceps and triceps
I am currently doing sets of 8-10 bicep curls with 35 lb free weights and tricep extensions with 25 lb. I'm thinking I will bump this up a bit. And work on drop sets (yikes)

So...who's with me?? I know my goals are ambitious but certainly doable. And at any rate...I'm ready to put my money where my mouth is.
Catch you all later,
Keith

RE:

Hi Keith

Just one more hour left of the day. 75% Heartrate running today. It was kind of hard to get it up that high, I had to go 7.0 MPH for a while, which is fast for me. Probably good to do, though. Next week I'm trying for 80% Heartrate. I may need to use the incline as well as speed. 10 yrs ago I remember doing 2 miles in 16 minutes regularly. That is a good goal for the summer.

Will think about more long term goals tomorrow.

Ben

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.