"" Melters! TGIF!! ""

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Today I did a 40 minute I-Tread...added up all the calories burned this week and it totaled 1677! My goal of 1000 was a little wimpy I guess! Now I will have to set one for 1700..

Shelley:
You are one running maniac!:7 Not looking forward to the "storm" that they are predicting for today. I could take bands with me on my trips, but they are my least favorite thing so I probably wouln;t use them. I will try to do push ups and ab work in between the cardio.

Shannon:
You are lucky that you can work from home if you need to.

Robin:
I bet you start melting away!

Tneah:
I'm with you on the weight work when not at home. I think it's the familiarity that I miss, where everything is just so and layed out exactly where I want it. I agree with you on the Imax2...I sold mine on Ebay. I can't belive that KPC doesn't keep your heart rate up..you must have a strong heart! :D An author in our midst?

Emily:
Glad to hear you solved your beeping problem too!

TK:
Where've you been? LOL

Stephanie:
Biscotti that is even "a little clean" is good:9

Lainie:
Rest Rest Rest! I know I sound like a broken record but I think if you don;t take a full week off, no workouts, I mean Nothing! you will not shake this thing. My DH is having trouble getting rid of it too.

Have a great day and stay warm!

Deb :)

RE:

Hi Deb! Are you getting hit yet? It's started here and it's crazy. They've closed all the schools and the highway is already a big mess. I will be staying home.

I'm going to try to do a circuit later and use really light weights. I'm so tired of not being able to do upper body work.

RE:

Hi Shelley!

Yes it is crazy here too...DH and I walked the dogs and I am soaked! The snow is like a combination of sleet, rain and ice..when it hit my face it stung! DH just called me from the road and said to make sure my car is heated up before taking off. He went a couple of blocks and his windshield froze to the point where he couldn;t see and had to pull overx( I will have to leave early today... our company never closes!

Deb:)

RE:

We're just getting snow so far, but it's supposed to change to ice pellets this afternoon. The dogs are outside running around like crazy.

My boss will probably go in because he lives about 5 minutes from the office. It would probably take me a good two hours to get in today and then another 2 or 3 to get home, so it's just not worth it.

Oh, and re. melting. I'm still holding strong at 9 lbs down.

RE:

Good morning, Melters. Happy Friday!

Sorry I didn't check back yesterday. I had to do a bunch of work online from home, and I was so sick of dealing with dial-up that I was about ready to smash the computer. At one point, it took me 15 minutes to upload two 7-pg documents and email them. Sigh.

I'm back at work today. All the ice is gone, and the roads are perfectly clear. I am glad I got to stay home yesterday, though. I would have been a nervous wreck otherwise. I even got to witness thunder snow! It was cool.

My calf is not behaving. I am not happy.

Deb - I hope your DH is all right, and that you have a safe drive in. Be careful! I had the same thing happen to me once as your DH, and I had to leave my truck on the side of the road.

Shelley - Whoopee!!! A three-day weekend for you! I hope it stays as snow and doesn't turn into ice. Ick. Do NOT overwork your arm. Be careful, please.

I imagine I'll be around today... the work load seems a bit light this morning.

RE:

Good Friday Morning Everyone!:7

Deb, I think I will try KPC this morning,and see if it works, I am getting a little bored with my cardio right now since I have to do so much of it!:) I did a Candace workout last night..on the treadmill, I tried again to walk really fast and did it, it just requires me to balance myself on the handrails, otherwise it feels like you are going to shoot off the back! Your weather sounds horrid, please stay warm and inside today!

Shelley, ditto on the weather. I bet your dogs are overjoyed with the snow! Georgie loves it, and yes, you are the "Melting Queen" round these parts for sure. I think TK has dropped quite a bit too.:) Take care of your testy elbow.

Shannon, Whats going on with your calf? Did you overwork it with BM2? I am sorry! Injuries can be so frustrating! Glad to hear your weather cleared up and its safe to drive.

Where is everyone else today? Well, I am looking forward to a back/ab workout at my new gym. They have an assisted pullup machine which is one of the exercises I have to do, I really like that one!:)

So what is everyone doing this weekend for Super Bowl Sunday?? BBL...

RE:

Happy Friday, everyone!

Well, the good new is that I lost just about a pound this week (yeah!), but I've been sooooo tired. I ended up going to bed last night at 8:15!! Being on my feet for so long on T/TH just wipes me out.

The last few semesters, I've also had our college's Disability Resource Center place a lot of disabled students in my classes. They're very sweet and hard-working, but it takes a little more energy out of me since some of them have more needs and require more time and attention. I'm trying to set up some boundaries with a few of them (such as one student who came by my office hours twice yesterday and wanted me to help her write her essay line-by-line), but it can be hard. Sorry to complain and groan!

Today I'm continuing on with my S&H rotation. What is everyone else doing today for their workouts?

Shelley and Deb -- You two make sure that you take care with all that snow headed your way!

Deb -- How great that you've burned so many calories this week! That's really too bad that your DH can't come to Mexico with you! When are you heading out? I'll say hi to Aunt Flo, but I sure wish she would get out of here!

Shelley -- Awesome job on holding steady at nine pounds! Is your arm still bothering you? Way to go on the run yesterday!

Shannon -- Sorry that your calf is acting up again! Did you get anything yummy while doing Grocery Max yesterday?

Tneah -- The book you're working on sounds so interesting! Are you writing it with your DH? Do you have a publisher or do you self-publish? How fun and interesting! How's the melting coming along? You are doing such a fantastic job!

Lainie -- How are you feeling, girl? Did you make it to the Dr. this week?

TK --How's work going? I hope that the promotion isn't keeping you too busy! How's the PLB/PUB rotation going?

Emily -- How's the melting coming along this week?

Robin -- How are you feeling today? Are you in any pain at all? I hope that your appetite kicks back in. We don't want you melting too much!

Judy -- How's your dad doing?

Stephanie -- Did you make it to ballet on Wednesday? Those biscotti sounds wonderful!

Michele -- Hope you're well!

RE:

Just wanted to pop in before cardio and say hi to Leanne!:) Sounds like your job is so rewarding, yet so tiring at the same time. you deserve that extra rest, be sure to get it, especially since your period is here plus you are doing S&H! And congrads on your melty pound!Yeah for you!:7 :7

I wrote some of the introduction and the exercise portion of the book, we had doctors write the rest, and now our poor editor is trying to make sense of it all!
We will probably send it out to get published-not familiar with the process..but some of the doctors who we reference will be down here on Monday, yes, I will have a houseful again!:7

RE:

>Just wanted to pop in before cardio and say hi to Leanne!:)
>Sounds like your job is so rewarding, yet so tiring at the
>same time. you deserve that extra rest, be sure to get it,
>especially since your period is here plus you are doing S&H!
>And congrads on your melty pound!Yeah for you!:7 :7
>
>I wrote some of the introduction and the exercise portion of
>the book, we had doctors write the rest, and now our poor
>editor is trying to make sense of it all!
>We will probably send it out to get published-not familiar
>with the process..but some of the doctors who we reference
>will be down here on Monday, yes, I will have a houseful
>again!:7

Hey Tneah -- Wow! That sounds like so much work -- but also a lot of fun! You must be learning so much, too. I can't wait to read it when it comes out! Thanks for the encouraging words, too! You're so sweet! I need them today!:)

RE:

Well, the day is a little more than half over. Yippeee!

Tneah - how do you like Candace as an instructor? I really like her, even though the level four sprints kill me. I guess I must have overdid the calf with BM2. Even the elliptical bothered it yesterday, and it seems to be getting worse.

Leanne - I'm glad you got some extra rest last night. Going to bed early can feel so luxurious! I hope you get the situation with your special needs students worked out. Oh, I bought lots of yummy food... mostly fresh produce. I love it when my fridge is full.

We seem to be missing quite a few people today!

RE:

Hi gang! I feel like I've been absent for a while. Guess I been spending too much time on the couch. My doctor unwrapped my knee this morning and now I can shower. He gave me some new exercises and told me to take my time and work my way back up to normal activities over the next month. I'm just doing the prescribed exercises for the next couple days. Maybe I'll try a gentle stationary bike ride Sunday or Monday.

Shelley, what are you doing with your day off? I'm on the couch with my knitting. DD is home due to the weather and is watching stupid soap operas.

tneah, a book? You are one amazing person. You have so much going on!

Leanne, I'm sure you'll be back to full teaching strength in a week or two. My DH had exactly one day of school this week. He was really sick Monday through Wed, plus taking care of me. He went in Wed and caught up with a four hour lecture. Today was a snow day. Good thing, since the marathon lecture wore him out. Kudo's to you for willing taking on the extra work with the diabled students. We had always hoped our DH could go to college with a aid of some kind, but it never happened. He can be so bright about some things, but his handicap, well, handicaps him.

Shannon, I'm so sorry to hear your calf is acting up. Ice and rest, and I'm sure it will recover. Your dedication to getting back to the same level before your injury are an inspiration to me.

Deb, I know what you mean about your "company never closing." The hospital never closes either. I'm evilly hoping for some nasty weather during my time off.

Lainie, I'm joining Deb in the chant. Rest, rest, rest.

Which I'm going to go do right now.

RE:

Sleepy again today. I have got to go to bed earlier or something.

I had more physical therapy today. I like the knee massage. It wasn't my usual cute PT but another guy (Fridays my usual guy comes in too late). This other guy was a big Czech dude with huge hands--I kept thinking, "He could totally crush my wonky, knobbly little knees," but he was quite gentle anyway.

I also managed to squeeze in a trip to the grocery store while Ewan was in school, and I did a good job of buying healthy food. I had to, because I realized I gained 2 lbs when I weighed this morning. Yikes! Now, I've got PMS, and I've lifted even heavier this week, so I have some excuses, but I also haven't been very good about eating right, so I'm buckling down today. I have been busting out measuring cups and watching my portions and eating veggies and that sort of thing. I have to get back on track.

Hope to BBL for personals, but I have to go do some yoga or maybe a segment of Stretch Max.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

RE:

Hey again!

It does seem like our little group isn't around much today. Hmmm . . . maybe it has something to do with the fact that the weekend is almost here. I hope that everyone is staying safe with the harsh weather!

I just finished up my work for the day, so after I do my workout, I may head to the outlet mall. None of my pants are fitting me, so I'm going in quest of some new pairs. I hate trying on clothes, although I do love buying them!;-)

Robin -- I'm so glad that you're doing better and that the rehab is going well so far! How great that you'll be able to do some stationary bike work soon. What a rough week your DH has had, too! Is he feeling better? I just remembered that you had asked earlier about the grammar level of students at the community college in general. I think that the level has dropped in the last few years, esp. because in California there is such a big push to send students who need remediation to the c.c. instead of the four-year university. We're noticing it a lot at my school. I actually run our remedial writing program, so I have to keep on top of the numbers a bit more. I'm sorry that your DS was never able to get to college. Is he doing alright? How long ago did you take the creative writing class? Sounds like fun!

Shannon -- Sounds like you bought some yummy, healthy food! I also love it when the fridge and pantry are full of healthy treats.

Lainie -- Hey there! I think we were posting at the same time!

RE:

Hi guys,

Waiting to go back to the dentist to get my permanent crown thing. At least its not some 2 hour process!

Robin, great news! I am so happy to hear you are already doing so well. Oh, and amazing is a pretty strong word, its my job to write (although I wonder with all my typo's sometimes-good thing we have editors), I love doing anything creative I guess, beauty with all its different faces simply fascinates me and draws me in, creating stuff is fun! Just like when you bake and knit, you are creating, isn't it grand?:p

I would love to learn how to refurbish antiques and things like that, but we have no more room for anymore of my projects. I should learn how to knit, hum.....my favorite show is Project Runway. Sewing is another art form that is so cool, and the way those designers pull those designs out of thin air is really awesome.

Hey Lainie bug (hope you do not mind your new nickname, it just seems to "fit" you!) sounds like someone is crackin' the food whip. Welcome to my world.:7

Leanne, hows the weather today? We will be headed south really soon,I cannot wait! Please take a nice hot bath tonight, and have fun shopping for new smaller pants. I hate trying stuff on too, whatta pain.

Shannon, sounds like your ready for some really clean and yummy eats! I have to go buy not so clean stuff for our guests this coming week, its so hard, I actually start to drool--well, not really, but grocery shopping isn't fun when you cannot eat the junk you buy in the car on the way home.;)

Okey dokey, off I go to Mr. Dentist man....}(

RE:

Robin - I'm glad the doc is letting you try workouts so soon. That sounds very promising. Good luck with your very gentle bike ride! And thanks for the kind words. You really cheered me up because I'm feeling rather grumpy about the whole thing. x(

Lanie - talk about being an inspiration! I should follow your lead on the clean eating. Just remember to allow for a little splurge here and there. Just a little one. ;)

Leanne - what harsh weather? It's 50 degrees and sunny here! I hope you have good luck shopping. I'm with you... trying on clothes isn't all that fun. Ick.

Tneah - I agree totally on your view of creativity. As you all may realize, my mom is very creative with her baking! :9 It's just pretty neat how it manifests in each person.

RE:

I agree. We are an amazing, creative group of people.

tneah, I'm glad you suggested a bath for Leanne. I think that's exactly where I'll head after dinner.

Leanne, my DH says the same thing about the math skills of the kids he teaches. The high schools past them through and then the kids have to make it up in college. It was probably going on 4 years ago I took the writing class. I love to read and really thought I could write. I found it takes much more discipline than I have. I enjoyed starting stories, but could never get beyond the start. The thing would start to get booooring and I couldn't see an end in sight. I only had the nerve to send off one short story. DH even bought me a desk so I'd have a quiet place to write. Sigh. I should really try again....

RE:

Hey melters!

Well, it's been a busy day! I've shoveled THREE flippin' times already. I also did laundry, cleaned bathrooms, vacuumed, did some scrapbooking, baked... I talked to my boss earlier (he called to dictate something to me over the phone - how fun!) and he was the only one who showed up in the office today, which made me feel better, because I hate being the only one who doesn't get in! He was happy and told me to have a fun afternoon in the snow.

Robin - I bet you'd write a GREAT book!

Leanne - I can see how having to give special attention to some students would make it difficult to teach the rest.

Tneah - how cool that you're writing a book! You sure are multi-talented.

Lainie - I would love to Target shop with you!

Shannon - from the sounds of it, your mom's baking is an art form:)

Hi to everyone else!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.