STS 2

KC5689

Cathlete
I know that making STS was a huge endeavor, but a sequel or something similar would be great. I think STS is a fantastic program.

KC

Pure total strength workout

I would like a STS total more in a traditional lifting style for heavy load.

I would like, if possible, a 3x time per week of pure strength. over 85% one rep.meaning less than 10 reps :eek:

STS #2

I agree with everyone and would also like to see another heavy workout series like STS, Pyramid, Gym Style and Muscle Max .
I do NOT like using the ball for upper body exercises, it requires so much concentration on my part that I have to lower the weight and I don't get a good workout. However using the ball for lower body exercises is awesome!!

Lots of people like Xtrain, which I have, but I prefer "The Gym Style" and others because they are low impact and are strength building routines.

There are an abundance of circuit aerobic workouts with new ones being released all the time, but No ONE makes a better strength workout than Cathe!

Another vote for a pure gym-style, heavy weight workout w/lots of form pointers. I agree w/Aginj---using the stability ball for upper body work makes it harder for me to focus on the "targeted" muscles.

A over 85% rep max for a 4-6 rep range ;-)

I would like a STS total more in a traditional lifting style for heavy load.

I would like, if possible, a 3x time per week of pure strength. over 85% one rep.meaning less than 10 reps :eek:

As I mentioned above, a series focusing on strength and power. Oh I am dreaming of 4-6 reps ;-). This is what is truly missing from Cathe's Collection;)

I agree that we do have loads of upper work on stability ball :)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Cathe considers our suggestions. While I've enjoyed her latest dvds, I would love a pure strength series.

STS 2 Heavy would be GREAT!!!! Huge desire to build more muscle. :)

Another vote for a heavy/pure strength series. With a 4-6 rep range. 85-95 percent one rep max.

Plus I would like to have a split and total 4-6 count positive and negative combination. Muscles would flame and swell on that ;-).

We do have tons of circuit, leg floor, barre and ball work. ;-)
"Huge desire to build more muscle" --- I am sharing this desire of yours Kerribilliot1:D:D:p

Last edited:
I'd love another STS program, but with DVD premix options for each week. When I do my own workout rotations, I like to change the way I do things weekly so that I don't get bored following the same pattern from week to week. If I do a split series like Gym Styles one week, the next week I may do two total body workouts, then the next week may be one upper body and one lower body, etc. I'd like to have those types of options for each week of STS. If I can break the workouts for that week into one upper body and one lower body or break them into two total body workouts or change the grouping of muscles that are worked on the same day or just focus on one muscle group each day, that would be great. Something like this would be really good for someone like me who has a really hard time sticking with workout programs because I like to change things up from week to week.

Last edited:
Also, I'd love it if there's an option for an undilated rotation in an STS2 program. Last year, I did STS for the first time and after 10 weeks of not doing endurance weight work (during meso 2 & 3), I noticed that my muscle endurance had declined some and that really bothered me. I realize that some would like to omit meso 1 and focus only on heavy weights/low reps, but I've noticed that when my muscle endurance is good, tough cardio workouts and tough heavy weight workouts feel easier and much more doable. I feel like having good muscle endurance is the foundation for having great cardiovascular and muscular strength and for having great overall fitness so it's very important to me to maintain it. I'm now doing STS again and I'll be adding in a few total body muscle endurance workouts like High Reps throughout mesos 2 & 3. An undilated approach would ensure that I maintain all 3 phases of muscle development throughout the program.

Last edited:
STS Xpress

I absolutely ADORE STS Strength - LOVE the linear periodization style of working out. I just find the workouts waaayy too long (once factoring in extended warmup and extended stretching for my creaky ol' bones and pulling out/packing away all the stuff you need). I would love to see an STS where all the workouts are 30-40 minutes max each - no premixes, just like the STS we all know and love, each disk with different footage and with the same 4 week endurance, hypertrophy and strength phases. As extras, include an optional 10 minute extended warm up on each disk as well as optional 10 minute extended stretches focusing on whatever body part(s) were used. Many of us are time-poor and we all know shorter workouts are becoming increasingly popular. I'd love to do another round of STS but I just don't have the time to commit to the long workouts.

I don't want to sound indifferent for lack of a better word, I completely understand the lack of time in a busy world as ours. However, I believe the reason why STS works so brilliantly is because there is no short-cut to that phenomenal body we admire on others and wonder...could I?

I want Cathe to keep the workouts to the length its necessary for optimum success and I've thought about this doing STS, I don't think it can be less then an hour and for me that's an hour plus. Bring back the barbell which has disappeared of late and I have no problem using all the tools of the trade with the original STS. I want the same recipe with heavier lifting and compound moves. Don't take away the push-ups or the pull-ups, body weight work is so beneficial and there are bands that are helpful for pull-ups and chin-ups, you'd be surprised how you can progress.

I would love to have that option of music only with Cathe's voice as I don't care for lyrics when lifting. I really LOVE that option on the new set. Anyway, for me STS done as its designed has been such a gift to me and I would hate to see it changed into something STS-Light, because then you may as well change the name.

As I mentioned above, a series focusing on strength and power. Oh I am dreaming of 4-6 reps ;-). This is what is truly missing from Cathe's Collection;)

I agree that we do have loads of upper work on stability ball :)

Sounds like that wouldn't be an STS program though: more like a set of 3 DVDs to work just a mesocycle 3 type program, if all you want is 4-6 reps per exercise per muscle group.

And then, isn't this done more safely at the gym? Just thoughts.

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.