Slow & Heavy II

angie_nrs

Cathlete
I would love to see S&H 2! I have monster DOMS after doing S&H. I have noticed that while doing the first S&H series and also doing Body Beast Tempo (which is a slow and heavy workout) that the slow reps really help me build noticeable muscle. I also think that this type of lifting poses less risk of injury since momentum is taken out of the move. Another thing I like is that I typically use lighter weight than I can handle because when you slow down the movement, the slightly lighter weights will exhaust the muscle as much as a heavier weight. So instead of using 20# for (say 8) hammer curls, I use 15# and still get a huge burn. If you take out the cheats (like that slight rock of momentum) then those weights are killer!!

Although I have to admit that I do have some dread factor in conjunction with the original S&H Chest workout. I really didn't like doing flat bench flies and then doing incline flies right after. The sets are much longer with S&H because you're moving slower, so that segment just seems too long and boring. Other than that, I LOVE the original Slow and Heavy.

I would love to see this as a mini series. To have 3 different workouts for each muscle grouping would be fantastic! I like workouts that are around 50 minutes or less.:)....heavy on the less. *lol* Something else I really like (about another workout I do) is that ab exercises are sprinkled throughout all the workouts so you don't really even notice them much, but still get a good ab workout without even realizing it. Also, when adding in abs this way, there's no need to add in a 'specific' ab workout.

Even if it was just S&H II, with just 1 of each workout grouping like the original, I would be extremely happy with that! There's definately more that could be done with it.....but short S&H workouts would be right up my alley!!!!!

Yeah Slow and Heavy 2

I agree angie_nrs slow and heavy is a fantastic workout, and a great suggestion. I'd pre order for sure. Love that workout.

Hill

I haven't tried SH, I think it's one of the only strength workouts by Cathe I haven't done because I was afraid I would get bored going so slow. Is the chest portion the only one you feel a little dred factor? I would love another gym styles or hypertrophy, heavy weight muscle building series.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.