Heavy weighted Leg workouts

cokonkel

Cathlete
Hi Cathe! I love ALL of your lower body workouts and the results have been amazing for me. However, I have noticed the last few lower body discs have generally been with low weight or body weight endurance type workouts. These are great for variety, but what I REALLY love, and what my lower body responds to the most, are the workouts that really go for the heavy weights. Leg workouts like the ones in STS Meso 2 especially. Also Gym Style Legs, Lower Body Trisets and Lower Body Blast has a mix of weights and no weights but I find I can go fairly heavy. Cardio Leg Blast is great, too, in that regard.

I would love some more serious weight training for the lower body that shows up in STS Meso 2. Something like the Body Beast leg workouts (by Beach Body) but with you in the lead instead of Sagi (who irritates me to the point of not doing those...:eek:). Thanks for considering!

I would love more heavy weight work. In fact STS Meso 2 is some of my favorite types of workouts for lower body.

Heavy lower body work out

Hi Everyone,

I am joining in this enthusiasm for a HEAVY lower body workout. What I mean to say is: over 85% one rep max with less 8 reps. Now understand that this is not for everyone. It is not for Beginner and intermediate but IMO there are loads of high reps moderate and light workout in cathe's collection to meet Newbies and intermediate demands.

There is no heavy workout in 4-8 rep range. Should us, feeling able to kick the lifting challenge up the notch at the comfort of our home, let us express it;);)
A new heavy lower body workout from cathe would bring the party back in the power house :D;);). Really.:):)

To colleen,

Hmmm I have body beast and have not *tamed* it yet;)
I am considering adding the tempo add on. I know it's 6 count slow count with possibly eccentrics moves. I will do it at some point next year.

I am wondering what it's like. I am not dubious about the result I could get from it though. That being said of course each trainer is different, I may or not feel connected to Sagi. What i know for sure I am not embarking on P90X. No offence to any P90X fans!

While I love high rep weight workouts that focus on endurance, I would love to see Cathe do a whole series on heavy weight training including workouts similar to those from meso 3 of STS and some slow & heavy negatives. I like to take an undulated approach to strength training focusing on endurance, hypertrophy, and strength. I don't prefer one over the other because they are all important. When planning my workouts though, I find that I don't have as many heavy weight workouts to choose from as I'd like. When I want to go really heavy with lower body work, I do Squat Rack Legs, but I'd love to have more of these type of workouts from Cathe.

I put my vote in for more Heavy leg workouts! I love variety in workouts and love another Heavy Leg DVD (or a series!).

While I love high rep weight workouts that focus on endurance, I would love to see Cathe do a whole series on heavy weight training including workouts similar to those from meso 3 of STS and some slow & heavy negatives. I like to take an undulated approach to strength training focusing on endurance, hypertrophy, and strength. I don't prefer one over the other because they are all important. When planning my workouts though, I find that I don't have as many heavy weight workouts to choose from as I'd like. When I want to go really heavy with lower body work, I do Squat Rack Legs, but I'd love to have more of these type of workouts from Cathe.

:):):) I feel 100% the same.
A new heavy lower body strength series would put an end this choice limitation.
I would love cathe to cover moves such as leg press Glute bridge, hip thrust, variation of deadlift, lunges, squat or any other compound with heavy weight.

Nathalie- I admit I'm not the Body Beast expert as I only did the two leg workouts, the cardio and only dabbled in some of the upper body ones. Honestly, I just couldn't stand Sagi. :eek: All the over the top "bro-tasticness" just got on my nerves too much. :eek: lol The testosterone was just too much for me to handle but I LOVED the leg workouts!

I just completed Body Beast last week. I had a hard time the last week because I was dreading hearing Sagi talk by then. I did get fantastic results though. I'm working on my 1RM this week and adding in some cardio along the way. I'll be starting STS next Monday and looking forward to it. I just started doing Cathe workouts and have enjoyed them.

I would really like a heavy lower body weight workout as well and it would be great if you would include hip thrust as well! Let me tell you a little story...I always struggled with my lower body my butt was smallish and my thighs were not toned and I decided that I wanted to change that. For the longest time I trained my lower body with light to medium weights and although my thighs toned up slightly I still did not notice any change in my butt and I wanted my thighs to be even more tone. Then I decided to try training with heavy weights and I started to do an exercise were u lay on your arms put a heavy weight in between your knee and lift you leg up and down...Wow did i see a change after about 2 months! My butt now pops out and my thighs look good...So anyway Cathe this is why it is still so important that you continue to make heavy weight workouts;):D!!!

I would really like a heavy lower body weight workout as well and it would be great if you would include hip thrust as well! Let me tell you a little story...I always struggled with my lower body my butt was smallish and my thighs were not toned and I decided that I wanted to change that. For the longest time I trained my lower body with light to medium weights and although my thighs toned up slightly I still did not notice any change in my butt and I wanted my thighs to be even more tone. Then I decided to try training with heavy weights and I started to do an exercise were u lay on your arms put a heavy weight in between your knee and lift you leg up and down...Wow did i see a change after about 2 months! My butt now pops out and my thighs look good...So anyway Cathe this is why it is still so important that you continue to make heavy weight workouts!!!

Hip thrusts!! :eek: :eek: yes yes yes!! :p Double leg, single leg...I bet you could really play with the rep pattern, too. :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.