UPDATED 16-Week Max Weight Loss Rotation

Candiceena

Cathlete
Hi Everyone! So, I've really been intrigued by the 16-week max weight loss rotation. I decided to make an updated version. It features Xtrain, LIS, CF, & TTM. A generic rotation follows the actual rotation.

But first, some notes on how I came up with this: I first wrote down the original rotation along w/ the lengths of the workouts. Next I studied up about each one, noting what type of workout it was. I then wrote the generic outline. Finally, I wrote the actual rotation using workouts from CF/TTM, Xtrain, and LIS. I really tried my best to look at specifically what each workout was accomplishing in the old rotation, and then tried my best to figure out what newer DVD would best accomplish the same thing. Some were tough, especially CTX because those workouts are fairly unique as far as the make-up of them. As always, feedback is welcome! :) This is the first public rotation I’ve ever put together!

I don’t have the 8 new workouts, so I apologize for not using those. I also do not have STS, so I didn’t use any of those workouts either. I am including the generic rotation that I made though, so that you gals can sub if you want to use the new 8 workouts/STS/etc. Also – the lengths of the workouts don’t match completely, some are shorter and some are longer but overall I think it equals out pretty well.

The old rotation was 4 weeks, repeated 4x. This new rotation follows the same pattern. Of course, Cathe recommends good sleep habits and the cleanest diet possible for you. Lots of water, too! She also recommended some cross-training in the original rotation so I have kept that the same here with walks, runs, and biking (with subs, as well).

Here is a link to the original 16 week max fat loss rotation.

And thanks to those who have posted Cathe's Advanced Treadmill workout - I used it in this updated rotation.

BEGINNER MODS: This is (I think) a pretty advanced rotation, so beginners, some ways that you can modify are 1) take out 1-2 workouts a week (making it either a 5 or 4 day schedule), or replace a harder workout with Yoga Max, Yoga Relax, Stretch Max, etc. 2) Use a lower step height (fewer or no risers). 3) Purposefully make your range of motion smaller. 4) March in place if it gets too tough! It’s OK. I know I will be doing a lot of marching! 5) Use express pre-mixes for shorter workouts.

SCHEDULE MODS: I know this schedule might not work for everyone – the days of the week obviously don’t matter. You can also do doubles if you want, or, take out 1-2 days, or extend beyond 16 weeks but keep all workouts. “LISTEN TO YOUR BODY!!” is what Cathe always tells us!  So, listen to it.  Also, I know some here like to go 9-10 days in a row then take off a couple of rest days which is why it will say “Off or Yoga or Stretch” – so you don’t have to take an early rest day if you don’t want to.

Abbreviations:
30WR – 30 minutes of walk/run intervals (2 min walk, 1 min run, or vice versa). Add on an extra 5 min warm up and cool down at each end.
40WR – 40 minute walk/run intervals (see the timing above). Add on extra 5 min warm up and cool down at each end.
45B – 45 minute bike ride. 35 minutes if hills will be included in your ride. (Note there are subs when this appears in the workout since not everyone has access to a bike/gym).
71T – Cathe’s Advanced Treadmill Workout. It is approximately 71 minutes. It follows below the rotations. There is a sub for this in case you don’t have access to or don’t want to use a treadmill.

Week 1
M – XTrain Hard Strikes (47 min)
T – XTrain Burn Sets (Bis/Tris) (37 min) + 30WR
W – LIS Low Impact Challenge (50 min)
Th – Crossfire (55 min)
F – Off or Yoga Relax/Max or Stretch Max
Sa – LIS Turbo Barre (74 min)
Su – LIS Athletic Training (56 min)

Week 2
M – XTrain Tabatacise(45 min)
T – LIS Total Body Trisets (86 min total body or 39 min lower body)
W – Off or Yoga Relax/Max or Stretch Max
Th – LIS Low Impact Challenge (50 min)
F – LIS Total Body Trisets (86 min total body or 56 min upper body)
Sa – 40WR
Su – Xtrain Supercuts (46 min)

Week 3
M – LIS Cardio Supersets (41 min)
T – XTrain Legs (52 min)
W – LIS Afterburn (54 min)
Th – To The Max (54 min)
F – Crossfire (55 min)
Sa – XTrain All Out Low-Impact HiiT (40 min)
Su – Off or Yoga Relax/Max or Stretch Max

Week 4
M – 45B (or XTrain Cardio Leg Blast - 56 min)
T – To The Max (54 min)
W – XTrain Chest, Back, & Shoulders Timesaver Rounds 1-4 (32 min) + 30WR
Th – XTrain Bi’s & Tri’s Timesaver Rounds 1-5 + Core #1(37 min) + 45B (or XTrain Cardio Leg Blast - 56)
F – LIS Turbo Barre (74 min)
Sa – Off or Yoga Relax/Max or Stretch Max
Su – T71 (or 30WR + LIS Athletic Training – 56 min)

Here is the generic rotation w/ times for the original workouts!

Week 1
M – non-step cardio – 58 min
T – upper body strength (41 min) + 30WR
W – step cardio – 58 min
Th – interval/hiit cardio – 60min
F – Off
Sa – core & lower body strength – 68 min
Su – upper body strength (37 min) + step cardio (21 min)

Week 2
M – hi/lo and/or step cardio – 71 min
T – total body strength – 75 min
W – off
Th – step cardio – 71 min
F – total body strength – 75 min
Sa – 40WR
Su – circuit – 65 min

Week 3
this was Cross Train Xpress in any order – so you could change the order of these as you wished
M – non-step cardio + bi’s and abs – 59 min
T – lower body strength + abs – 49 min
W – step cardio + shoulders & abs – 53 min
Th – any cardio + tri’s – 49 min
F – step interval cardio + chest – 45 min
Sa – any cardio + back – 65 min
Su – off

Week 4
M – 45B
T – step cardio – 60 min
W – upper body, rear (41 min) + 30WR
Th – upper body, front (37 min) + 45B
F – core & lower body – 68 min
Sa – off
Su – mix of step, circuit, total body strength – 91 min

Cathe’s 71-Minute Advanced Treadmill Workout
** remember, beginners & intermediates – it is OK to adjust the speeds/incline as necessary to your level! :) Just focus on keeping the intervals/ratios similar or the same!

Start with...
3.4 - 4 min.
3.8 - 4 min.
4.4 - 4 min.
5.5 - 4 min.
6.5 - 5 min.
7.5 - 10 min.
8.0 - 5 min. (OPTIONAL!)

Slow down over 1 min. to 3.8
Raise incline to level 14 and walk uphill for 10 min.
Lower to level 9 and increase speed to 4.8 for 5 min.
Lower to ground level over 1 min.

Then do:
4 interval cycles of 8.0 for 1 min. and 6.0 for 30 seconds.

Finish with:
6.0 - 2 min.
3.8 - 3 min.
3.4 - 3 min.
3.0 - 4 min.

Candiceena, Thank you! You have put alot of work into this rotation. Impressive! I will print this out and give it a try after the new year. Love the generic breakdown also.

Good Luck and please let us know your results.

Sherry

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.