Postnatal rotation

millalyte86

Cathlete
Hi ladies! I was wondering if anyone has created a good rotation for post baby. I'm due is September and am DYING to get back to working out hard lol. But I know I won't be able to right off the bat but does a anyone know a good moderate intensity one that is abs intensive that will help get me back in the swing of things without overdoing it. If anyone has any suggestions of certain workouts at least it's not a rotation that would be perfect. Thank you!

After I had my daughter, I just eased my way back into Cathe's workouts. It took a couple of months before I did workouts like CF and TTM and HiiT, but most other workouts were just fine and I could modify as needed. I remember the Low Impact Series being particularly helpful, along with total body workouts like MM and ME.

If you are looking for non-Cathe options, check out Lindsay Brin. She has many videos that are specifically designed to be for pregnant women, but also a good number of specifically postnatal workouts. Her company is "Moms Into Fitness." Below is a link to her website, but you can buy some of her DVDs at other places as well, like Amazon and Totalfitnessdvds. HTH! Congrats on your pregnancy!:D

Lindsay Brin - a blog from founder of Moms Into Fitness, Inc

post baby workouts

I had my first baby in Oct. I had to have a C-section, so recovery was probably a little slower for me. I started around 6 weeks post partum with very VERY modified light workouts. I would get on the elliptical or bike. I would even try some of the LIS videos but some moves would tug on my incision. I was VERY frustrated at first, but I found that patience paid off. After just a couple weeks of struggling, things started getting a little easier. I then did the X train beginner rotation posted on this forum. It was perfect.

One thing that I am now having problems with is fitting more than a 45 min workout into my day! I don't have near as much time to workout. Trying to find a rotation with shorter workouts has been a challenge, but thank goodness for premises! I'm also finding that core work is still a lot harder than it was pre-baby. I still haven't recovered all of my ab strength 9 months later.

Good luck to you! You will figure out how to modify things once baby comes! They are so much fun and worth the sacrifice!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.