Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > VIDEO & DVD ROTATIONS

VIDEO & DVD ROTATIONS Welcome to the Video & DVD Rotations Forum. This is a forum to share your favorite Video/DVD rotations. Cathe will also contribute to this forum by providing one video/DVD rotation per month. To help others benefit from your rotation contribution, please give it a category title. Some examples could be: Strength, Cardio, Circuit, Total Body Strength, Total Body Endurance, All Step, Kickbox, All Upper Body, etc. We would also love to hear what changes you have experienced or are still experiencing while using this special rotation. Thanks for sharing!

Official Cathe Beginner Rotation

This is a discussion on Official Cathe Beginner Rotation within the VIDEO & DVD ROTATIONS forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; A premix is a variation of the original workout. Usually Cathe would re-arrange a workout to make it longer/shorter/have different ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2008, 02:51 PM
Cathlete

Default RE: Official Cathe Beginner Rotation

A premix is a variation of the original workout. Usually Cathe would re-arrange a workout to make it longer/shorter/have different emphasis. For example, the Cardio and Weights DVD has the original 60-minute workout, plus shorter premixes of between 35 to 48 minutes that gives you workouts with light weights only, with heavy weights only, with cardio only, etc. That helps when you are short on time or when you just want to focus on one aspect of your training. It also helps keep the workout fresh so you don't get bored of it.

I hope that makes sense!
Old 11-17-2008, 03:26 PM
Catheite
lovetocamp's Profile Fields

Hi , I am new to working out with cathe. Just bought the dvd's for the beginner workout and don't have the tubing . I do have resistance bands light,med and heavy. Which would be better to use?
Thanks
Old 01-01-2009, 10:31 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to hzjewl

Thanks for this because I was totally lost as to where to start.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:29 AM

Exactly what I was looking for! I have gone from working out regularly to sedentary about 15mos ago due to an injury that eventually required surgery. I thought I could pick right back up at my intermediate level - wrong! I'm confident that a couple of months of this rotation will have me back at my previous level. Thank you!!
Old 01-28-2010, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathe Friedrich View Post

These workouts are Basic Step and Body Fusion (both on one DVD), Low Impact Step and Total Body Sculpting (both on one DVD), and Total Body Stretching.
Yay! This is exactly what I was looking for. Very much a beginner here and at 173 (after a 95lb loss) I think most of the videos will kill me. Found Cathe on Fittv, now off to get these dvd's...
Old 01-29-2010, 10:46 AM
Cathlete

lisaislosingit

Hey, i just finished this rotation at the end of 2009, It was great, lost pounds & inches, gained strength & confidence.
some things I did were:
spent a little more time in the beginning getting the steps, rewinding parts until I got them
I used lighter weights & no bands (until I got the bands)
modified whatever I couldn't do, just try to do more every time
you can learn steps on the floor first
you can always stop and take a breather
If you stick with it, it definitely will get results,

You'll just love it!
Congrats on the weight loss!
Linda
Old 03-20-2010, 07:24 AM

Default Help please!

Hello- I've been trying out this workout for about a week (I have all the dvds etc) but I am confused about Cathe's instructions.

Monday's workout includes the "Lower body weight add on" and Wednesday's includes the "Upper body weight add on" while on Saturday you are meant to do the "Upper AND lower body tubing routine".

The thing is the Basic step and body fusion dvd only has one add on workout for upper and lower body respectively, each involving both weights and tubing. So how are you meant to do the tubing routine separately on Saturday?

Thanks
Old 08-25-2010, 01:32 PM
Cathlete
andreadaile's Profile Fields

Question Similar question here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roopeehoox View Post
Hello- I've been trying out this workout for about a week (I have all the dvds etc) but I am confused about Cathe's instructions.

Monday's workout includes the "Lower body weight add on" and Wednesday's includes the "Upper body weight add on" while on Saturday you are meant to do the "Upper AND lower body tubing routine".

The thing is the Basic step and body fusion dvd only has one add on workout for upper and lower body respectively, each involving both weights and tubing. So how are you meant to do the tubing routine separately on Saturday?

Thanks
I was curious about that as I am trying to slowly get back into shape and honestly doing the entire lower body and upper body workouts just about killed me. Was curious if on the days where she specifies HAND WEIGHTS we do only the hand weight portions and on the days where she specified TUBING we do only the tubing?
Old 01-01-2011, 01:54 PM
Catheite
*~Jessica~*'s Profile Fields

Default were these answered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roopeehoox View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreadaile View Post
I was curious about that as I am trying to slowly get back into shape and honestly doing the entire lower body and upper body workouts just about killed me. Was curious if on the days where she specifies HAND WEIGHTS we do only the hand weight portions and on the days where she specified TUBING we do only the tubing?
I am asking these questions as well I just set up my calandar for the workouts in the W/M and was a bit confused. Can someone help? Thanks ....
Old 01-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Cathlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~Jessica~* View Post
I am asking these questions as well I just set up my calandar for the workouts in the W/M and was a bit confused. Can someone help? Thanks ....
I did this rotation Oct-Dec 2009, I never noticed the wording (hand weights/tubing) and did the videos as produced. I think in the beginning I didn't have tubing so I just used hand weights for the tubing portion. See what works for you. Honestly I don't know if she meant one thing over another. The workouts are just that, Upper Body, Lower Body, one each.

It's an excellent rotation, have fun!

Linda