Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > VIDEO & DVD ROTATIONS

VIDEO & DVD ROTATIONS Welcome to the Video & DVD Rotations Forum. This is a forum to share your favorite Video/DVD rotations. Cathe will also contribute to this forum by providing one video/DVD rotation per month. To help others benefit from your rotation contribution, please give it a category title. Some examples could be: Strength, Cardio, Circuit, Total Body Strength, Total Body Endurance, All Step, Kickbox, All Upper Body, etc. We would also love to hear what changes you have experienced or are still experiencing while using this special rotation. Thanks for sharing!

NOV 2011 Low Impact Series Rotation

This is a discussion on NOV 2011 Low Impact Series Rotation within the VIDEO & DVD ROTATIONS forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Originally Posted by kschubot What about a rotation with LIS and non-STS workouts? I don't have STS and would love ...

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2011, 03:42 PM
Cathlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschubot
What about a rotation with LIS and non-STS workouts? I don't have STS and would love to incorporate my other workouts with LIS.
Because STS workouts are so straight-forward about what body parts they work, it should be easier to sub as needed, using workouts like gym styles, slow & heavy, 4DS, and the various leg workout DVDs . Do you have any of those?

~KiKi~
Old 11-01-2011, 06:30 PM

I do have some of those, PUB/PLB, and the 4 day splits, but most of mine are total body sculpting. I also can't tell how long the STS workouts are and how they are split up when it comes to muscle groupings and that sort of aspect.

I was actually hoping for something with more circuit workouts in it than straight up strength workouts, feel like they are more efficient, but maybe that can be for next month. And I realize that the LIS is more like what I want so can just do the LIS rotation but would like to do some of my older workouts still.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:24 PM
Cathlete
Connie12's Profile Fields

Thanks Cathe! Absolutely love the 5 day rotation. As soon as I've recovered from my port a cath removal surgery I'll be diving in.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:55 PM
Cathlete
Stephanie0523's Profile Fields

YAY!!!! Cathe, you're the BEST! Can't wait to start this rotation!
Old 11-02-2011, 07:31 AM
Cathlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschubot View Post
I do have some of those, PUB/PLB, and the 4 day splits, but most of mine are total body sculpting. I also can't tell how long the STS workouts are and how they are split up when it comes to muscle groupings and that sort of aspect.

I was actually hoping for something with more circuit workouts in it than straight up strength workouts, feel like they are more efficient, but maybe that can be for next month. And I realize that the LIS is more like what I want so can just do the LIS rotation but would like to do some of my older workouts still.
Ah, OK, I get what you're saying. So maybe you're right, the LIS only rotation may be better suited since it's mostly circuit type stuff, but there's no reason you can't throw in some of your oldies in there too. Perhaps when a LIS workout is repeated, you can sub an older fave of the same caliber.

The STS workouts are typically 50-60 minutes in length, and the Meso 1 is about the closest you get to circuit work. It moves NONSTOP, lol, and is very much cardio intense (just so ya know ) so you could do PUB in place of those (or an upper body premix of one of your other workouts, like HR or similar), and 4DS in place of the M2 work (if you wanted to give the STS rotation a shot), but just double up on the 4DS body parts, combining to give you the same parts that are worked for that particular STS workout.

Also, I know that you said you prefer circuits, but don't underestimate the power of a good split once in a blue moon (you never know how your body might respond to a month "shocking" rotation) You could always go back to the circuits, but change (even for a short time) can't hurt, right?

~KiKi~
Old 11-02-2011, 08:01 AM

I've tried splits before but with my limited time and I don't have a lot of heavy weight and can't really afford more (limited space and $$) so circuits seem most efficient for me. But maybe next month I'll try splits.

Thanks for the advice.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:47 AM
Cathlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschubot View Post
I've tried splits before but with my limited time and I don't have a lot of heavy weight and can't really afford more (limited space and $$) so circuits seem most efficient for me. But maybe next month I'll try splits.

Thanks for the advice.
Ooooh, I totally get ya on the limited space. A couple years ago we had some family move in (they stayed for 2 yrs) and my workout room became the teen boys' bedroom . I was relegated to working out in my tiny bedroom. Needless to say, my workout style had to change dramatically. I couldn't lift as heavy, and definitely had to look for the biggest "bang for the buck" factor, lol. Circuits were much more of a mainstay then....

On another note, it sounds like LIS will be right up your alley! Most of the workouts use minimal equipment. Come to think of it, I sure wish I had it back then, lol! I was hurtin for a good workout (and the low impact would've been ideal, so I was always concerned that my jumping and bumping around would bother others, so I never let myself get too... "into" it )

~KiKi~
Old 11-02-2011, 11:35 AM

I love LIS! It's perfect for me and I am finding new muscles all the time, especially the next day. Also love that I have all of the equipment already!!
Old 11-04-2011, 03:20 PM
Cathlete

Thank you!!
Old 12-05-2011, 09:34 PM
Cathlete
mrsprincess07's Profile Fields

I think I am going to do the 5 Day rotation after I finish STS in March 2012. I think it'll be perfect for shocking the body majorly before jumping into a rotation of 4DS!

Thanks Cathe!

Expecting Miracle Baby #2 in September 2014!!!