muscle building rotation!

pbjenny

Hey guys!

so I'm really focusing on lifting heavy to build strength and muscle. I really want to emphasis the biceps / triceps / and shoulders! If someone could give me feedback on my rotation I would REALLY appreciate it!!!

Monday: Barre training for legs (I usually do Physique 57 or Tracy Anderson)
Tuesday: STS Meso 3: Shoulders / Biceps / Triceps
Wednesday: Lower body barre
Thursday: Xtrain Biceps / Triceps
Friday: Xtrain Chest / Shoulders / Back
Saturday: Rest / yoga
Sunday: Pyramid upper body

So I'll be hitting my bis / tris / shoulders 3x's per week, chest and back 2x's per week, and lower body 2x's per week.

Thanks so much!

Hi there,
I'm sure others will chime in but my first thought is that you are overdoing it and not allowing enough recovery time between sessions. This may result in overuse injuries which would put you back even further in terms of what you'd like to accomplish. In my opionion I would not work the same muscle group anymore than twice per week, maybe alternating split sessions with one total body for example.
Good luck
Jamie

Hi There,

Are you truly after a muscle building rotation (Are you looking to build lean muscles?). If you are, barre workout will not help in achieving such goal. You can ask any professional, reputable trainer who know what he/she is into for confirmation.:)

Is there any reason why cardio is not part of your rotation?

All the best,

Thanks so much for the response!

Definitely looking to build some lean muscle and mass! (Which is primarily why I'm not including cardio in my rotation. I'm trying to gain a little bit of weight).

I'm 100% pear shaped... meaning, I store fat in my legs and they can definitely get bulky if I do heavy lower body training... so I've switched it up to barre training. I know I won't get nearly the same results doing barre as I would doing typical lower body weight training (heavy loaded lunges, squats, etc) but my primary focus is my upper body and I genuinely enjoy barre.

Again, I really appreciate your help :)

Thanks so much for the response!

Definitely looking to build some lean muscle and mass! (Which is primarily why I'm not including cardio in my rotation. I'm trying to gain a little bit of weight).

I'm 100% pear shaped... meaning, I store fat in my legs and they can definitely get bulky if I do heavy lower body training... so I've switched it up to barre training. I know I won't get nearly the same results doing barre as I would doing typical lower body weight training (heavy loaded lunges, squats, etc) but my primary focus is my upper body and I genuinely enjoy barre.

Again, I really appreciate your help :)

Your welcome.

Bulking up the thigh is a myth!!! if you do not want the fat to be stored, I believe that what you mean by building some lean mass, then NUTRITION is very important. Portions and food selection are super important. There is not any other way to put on weight (*muscles not fat*) rather than to eat properly. Probably more than you are eating now!

Cathe Friedrich - Weightlifting Myths Debunked

I am puzzled by your approach consisting of cutting out cardio. you are "definitely willing to build lean muscle" neglecting the most important muscle which is in charge of transporting key nutrients enabling you to get that lean
mass you are longing for! Your heart conditioning should be part of the process you are "willing to get into". 10-15 minutes of cardio up to 3 times per week is enough.

Enjoy your barre workout:):):).
All the very best,

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the feedback! How does this revised rotation sound? Again, I want to focus on building strength / mass in my upper body:

Monday: meso 3 shoulders / biceps / triceps
Tuesday: 15 minute HIIT + 30 minute barre
Wednesday: xtrain shoulders / chest / back
Thursday: pyramid lower body OR gym styles legs OR butts and guts
Friday: xtrain biceps / triceps
Saturday: 15 minute HIIT + chest / back
Sunday: yoga / rest

So we've got 2 days for each muscle group and a little bit of cardio thrown in there :)

48 hours recovery time between muscle group is fine.

you do not need hit your upper muscle twice though.
Go ahead if you want to.

Friday add a stretch session if you have time.

Please keep us posted.

All the very best,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.