Lower body question

jasper

Cathlete
I don't (yet) have a high step. What do you think about doing L&G or PLB with a sturdy 17" kitchen chair? I'm 6' tall, if that makes a difference. Thanks

I'm not an expert or anything but that sounds scary to me. Do you have stairs in your house maybe? I don't have a high step but I use my DH's step toolbox which is the same height as the high step.
LD

Jasper,
Before I had the proper equipment I used my coffee table, a foot stool, a chair, and I never once had a problem. I think you'll be fine, especially in L&G where the weight is light, PLB will be heavier, so try it out and use your discretion. Just clear a spot around the chair so you won't hit anything if you fall, of course at 6 feet, that's quite a spot:7

Mattea

Thanks for the ideas! I'll play around with other items in the household and see how they work. I do have a nice big spot for workouts - luckily - since I have tripped a number of times on my step. I'm clearly not as graceful or athletic as Cathe's crew.... maybe someday!

I know this is kind of late to reply, but I have two step benches (Reebok step) that I just use both sets of risers so they are 4 high. That's good enough for me since I'm short anyway. The chair does sound scary!!!;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.