Hi Deb, Linny, Josie, and Joan--
This morning I did Kelly C-M's 30 minutes of weights for Back, Legs, and Chest and I did it with 15s. Followed it up with 2 miles with Leslie--60 min. total.
I am loving these recipes. Chocolate orange blossom cookies, Linny? Yes! I love orange and chocolate together and always loved orange sherbert with chocolate ice cream, and really sinful with a dab of Grand Marnier and some chocolate shavings.
Okay--here's one of DH's favorites: TURTLES
2 C. all purpose flour
1 C. firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 C. butter, softened
2/3 C. butter
1/2 C. brown sugar
1 C. whole pecan halves
1 C. milk chocolate chips
Oven set at 350
1. In 3 qt. bowl combine crust ingredients. Mix at medium speed, 2-3 min. to fine particles.
2. Pat firmly into 13 by 9 by 2 inch pan.
3. Sprinkle pecans evenly over unbaked crust.
4. Cream brown sugar and butter. Melt and cook at boiling 1/2-1 minute. Pour evenly over pecans and crust.
5. Bake 18-22 minutes until caramel layer is bubbly and crust is light golden brown.
6. Sprinkle with chips. Allow to melt 2-3 min. Slightly swirl as they melt. Leave some whole for marbled effect. Do not spread chips. Cool--but not until completely hard. Cut into bars--squares or diagonal diamonds.
Linny, no one teaches my courses--unless they are the standard ones like Shakespeare, the survey from Restoration through Romantics which several faculty are trained to teach. My specialized courses on film, confessional poetry, Sylvia Plath, etc. are just bracketed in the course catalog until I return.
So, Joan, you actually have an indoor pool with a big room around it and a Christmas tree. Sounds sinfully luxurious to me.
Sorry to hear about Keegan, Deb. How long did the urinary tract thing take to clear up last time?
Back to my papers!