Chicken Tuscan Soup
I LOVE soups, especially from late Spring thru early Summer. Here is one that I just made this weekend. I doubled the recipe, and used ground turkey breast instead of chicken. I've made this a dozen times and it's AWESOME! So I thought I'd share with you!
Tuscan Chicken Soup
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ C chopped onion
1 lb ground chicken breast
2 14oz cans f/f low sodium chicken broth
½ C uncooked orzo
14.5 oz can stewed tomatoes, chopped and undrained
16 oz can great northern beans, rinse/drain
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
¼ tsp ground black pepper
6 oz. bag fresh baby spinach
6 tsp shredded Parm cheese (optional)
• In a large saucepan over medium heat sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, sauté garlic and onion for about 5 minutes until just tender.
• Add chicken and cook 5 minutes, stirring to crumble
• Add broth, orzo, tomatoes, beans, basil, oregano and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 22 minutes or until orzo is done.
• Stir in spinach; cook 3 minutes or until spinach wilts.
• You can use ground turkey or lean ground beef in place of the chicken.
• I’ve also added other veggies to the onions; like carrots and celery.
Yields: 6 servings, about 1 ½ C each; 4 WW points per serving
Numbers per serving: 216 calories, 2g total fat, 23.9g protein, 25.5g carbs, 4.5g fiber
Original Source: Weight Watchers Easy Weeknight Favorites Cookbook
Keep on truckin', mama!
"Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Forget about the one's who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it."